• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Dline or Online, that second round pick is ripe for a lineman. OT at 10 (or 15) would make for some shifting along the line, but would be a needed fallback for Tyron.
it's a deep o tackle draft. I expect Dallas to address that with one of their first 4 picks. Corner, safety, LB and OT all before pick 100 would be great IMO

I'd sure would like Dallas to consider LB early... don't think that will happen but I'd be happy if it did.
Something about sitting out last season worries about Micah Parson . I rather roll with Zaven Collins. LB needs to be a player that loves playing football and I just don't see Parson as that guy

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it previously but I would love to trade down (possibly more than once). Picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd (or more) just makes our lives so much easier. We need DT, CB, S, LB, help across the oline as well as some help with pass rush. We need as much talent as we can get and adding additional premium picks would be great.

Absolute dream scenario is moving back 5 or 6 spaces and then moving back a few more. Early 20s we can still get talent at positions of need.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it previously but I would love to trade down (possibly more than once). Picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd (or more) just makes our lives so much easier. We need DT, CB, S, LB, help across the oline as well as some help with pass rush. We need as much talent as we can get and adding additional premium picks would be great.

Absolute dream scenario is moving back 5 or 6 spaces and then moving back a few more. Early 20s we can still get talent at positions of need.
Trading back early sure seems logical. I also see this team trading up after the first round as well. Hard to see 10 draft picks making this team, much less 11 or 12

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a deep o tackle draft. I expect Dallas to address that with one of their first 4 picks. Corner, safety, LB and OT all before pick 100 would be great IMO

I'd sure would like Dallas to consider LB early... don't think that will happen but I'd be happy if it did.
Something about sitting out last season worries about Micah Parson . I rather roll with Zaven Collins. LB needs to be a player that loves playing football and I just don't see Parson as that guy
Parsons is a talent. Very fast. I just think there are character concerns. I got a bad feeling that he is not what we need in locker room. I would be happy with either Horn,Surtain,Pitts Sewell or Slater at 10.
I prefer Horn over Surtain,but the gap is not much. Either would look good opposite Diggs. Slater makes a ton of sense. Tyron Smith and Collins cant stay healthy

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could lump Farley in there as a guy that is not 100% dedicated. These players that sat out are not what I want to draft in the first round. I would consider Farley or Parsons in the 2nd or 3rd round. The injury issues with Farley are alarming.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could lump Farley in there as a guy that is not 100% dedicated. These players that sat out are not what I want to draft in the first round. I would consider Farley or Parsons in the 2nd or 3rd round. The injury issues with Farley are alarming.
I think Farley COULD drop to the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd round.

Me? I don't know if I'd burn a 2nd on Farley, but I sure would a 3rd

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly but i would be looking more at OL or DL in the 3rd
I'd climb the wall if Dallas takes two oline guys in their first 4 picks. This team must select mostly defense from this draft

if the tackle is there at 10, that will be the best value (assuming Pitts goes at 6)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm completely with you but if Farley is there I don't think Jerry can help himself.
Passing on Farley in the 2nd would be insane. Half the Cowboy fans wanted him at #10 (I didn't) now we don't even want him in the 2nd? So many guys opted out of this year and that is a concern too with all of them to me and a few guys that I personally like. One because you wonder how much they live for Football and two because you can't evaluate them from this year and where they are. The point is, everyone has thorns and this includes Farley. Doesn't mean they aren't a good pick. Farley in the 2nd would be a blessing not a "Jerry can't help himself move"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Farley in the 2nd would be insane. Half the Cowboy fans wanted him at #10 (I didn't) now we don't even want him in the 2nd? So many guys opted out of this year and that is a concern too with all of them to me and a few guys that I personally like. One because you wonder how much they live for Football and two because you can't evaluate them from this year and where they are. The point is, everyone has thorns and this includes Farley. Doesn't mean they aren't a good pick. Farley in the 2nd would be a blessing not a "Jerry can't help himself move"
I'll be honest, I don't know the ins and outs of his personality but if he drops to us in the second you may have to ask why. Randy Gregory fell to us, why? Jaylon Smith fell to us, why? We could take him and he could be great but I also wouldn't mind a boring/safe pick.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I don't know the ins and outs of his personality but if he drops to us in the second you may have to ask why. Randy Gregory fell to us, why? Jaylon Smith fell to us, why? We could take him and he could be great but I also wouldn't mind a boring/safe pick.
It is not his personality or questions about his talent it is fact that he has an injury history that includes 2 back procedures

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those is remotely similar. He had a back surgery in 2019 that cleared up an injury. At teh time they didn't think the current issue required surgery but as he was training for the combine he had a flare up and it was determined that he needed ot fix that issue as well (and probably should have in 2019 but that's on the doctor not him. From what I've read neither issue looks like something chronic like a T Smith and if the doctors had realized in 2019 that the second issue probably should have been taken care of he'd still be looked at as a top 15 pick. Does the injury move him down? Yes. Do I think even if healthy he is worth #10? Not I. but if I did like him at 10 I'd love him at 44

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably pick Farley in 2nd round especially if we go offense at 10. We got Diggs,Wilson,Kazee and then we got nothing. Lewis did not look good last season. Was a little surprised they re-signed him. On the other hand Lewis was one of the few in the secondary that forced occasional turnovers. We got mainly trash at CB and Safety overall.

When a team has 75% of its Cap going towards the offense ,it means the defense is going to suck. These FA pickups have not fixed the defense..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading down to select Surtain or Horn could be a big mistake. The eagles and Giants would pick Horn and Surtain just to keep them away from the Cowboys. You can never have enough Corners and this is why they tend to be reached for.