• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold that the safties we signed are any better than Woods.
Kazee if recovered is faster and better in coverage than Woods. I assume he will be ready otherwise a waste of cap space.. Woods also does not give 100%.. He said so himself. lazy defenders give up long touchdowns. What kind of example does this set for the rest of the defense when a player says such a stupid thing? I was done with him as soon as I heard he said that.

. still the Cowboys need to burn a 2nd or 3rd on a quality Free Safety,because as we know this team has bad luck when signing FA. most of them seem to get hurt and the reason for that is they are usually older players. Best case is we draft a good starting Free Safety that we draft and Kazee can provide depth.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kazee if recovered is faster and better in coverage than Woods. I assume he will be ready otherwise a waste of cap space.. Woods also does not give 100%.. He said so himself. lazy defenders give up long touchdowns. What kind of example does this set for the rest of the defense when a player says such a stupid thing? I was done with him as soon as I heard he said that.
PLUS 1

Only excuse I could give for Woods statement is the example set by the so-called defensive leaders. Quinn's first order of business is changing the culture of this defense. These guys have been more about the brands being a Cowboy and that needs to change day one. Looking right at you Jaylon, DLAW & LVE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

. still the Cowboys need to burn a 2nd or 3rd on a quality Free Safety,because as we know this team has bad luck when signing FA. most of them seem to get hurt and the reason for that is they are usually older players. Best case is we draft a good starting Free Safety that we draft and Kazee can provide depth.
Woods should have been used as a SS in our defense. He was a fish out of water trying to play FS with his skill set the way we played it here, just like Heath was. Kazee is not a great player by any means (hopefully he can be a "middle of the pack" type) but he is a true FS and that was needed here. I wouldn't be shocked to see Woods plays as well as Kazee if in a system that fit him better, but he wasn't going to be any good here and for what we will likely do from reading about Quinn...Kazee is IMO a big upgrade to Woods and could even end up pretty good. This doesn't mean Kazee is the long term answer and hopefully we still find a safety we love in the draft, but the floor was raised significantly IMO.

If we start Kazee and Neal at safety and then in the nickel move Neal up and go with Kazee and Wilson I think our safety play will be good enough. And I think this is what we will do even if we start the year with Neal as a WLB. At some point the game film is going to show that Neal (if he is still around 216lbs) is an in the box safety in the base defense. Teams are going to run all over that set up unless we beef up the DL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't happening and the cap says we can't do it even if we wanted to but if we signed both Reed and KJ Wright from Sea this defense would be so much better than last year even if we don't add a CB in the draft. If we did this and added a starting CB it would be a remarkable remake of the defense. Who knows maybe we bring in one of Reed or Wright and that would be enough for a big improvement IMO even if still not an NFL average defense. With our Offense (and health) if we could get a defense in the #20-22 range it could be enough to make some noise. The downside is even with doing this it would be a bunch of short term deals and not really make our defense any better long term

Now if we trade Cooper we would get a valuable draft pick back and also could sign a few guys like this with the cap $'s we save. I know the team isn't going to do it, but I've always felt you deal from a position of strength to fill your weaknesses that hold you back.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't happening and the cap says we can't do it even if we wanted to but if we signed both Reed and KJ Wright from Sea this defense would be so much better than last year even if we don't add a CB in the draft. If we did this and added a starting CB it would be a remarkable remake of the defense. Who knows maybe we bring in one of Reed or Wright and that would be enough for a big improvement IMO even if still not an NFL average defense. With our Offense (and health) if we could get a defense in the #20-22 range it could be enough to make some noise. The downside is even with doing this it would be a bunch of short term deals and not really make our defense any better long term

Now if we trade Cooper we would get a valuable draft pick back and also could sign a few guys like this with the cap $'s we save. I know the team isn't going to do it, but I've always felt you deal from a position of strength to fill your weaknesses that hold you back

I think this is the move. Trading Gallup obviously doesn't help us out cap wise but if he can net us a defensive starter then that is worth it as well. CeeDee + Amari or Gallup is more than enough so either one is expendable.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the move. Trading Gallup obviously doesn't help us out cap wise but if he can net us a defensive starter then that is worth it as well. CeeDee + Amari or Gallup is more than enough so either one is expendable.
Still think that we either trade Cooper or re-structure his contract or forgot about any more FA’s and just concentrate on the draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would make us better. Jarran Reed or the 3 DL we signed :scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thin Wright is more needed and I also think he comes cheaper so the more likely guy for us to sign and the guy I'm hoping for

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter, that ship has sailed. Besides Reed wasn't available when Dallas was signing DL.

I think you missed the point. Has nothing to do with Reed in particular or the 3 DL we signed either. It's what other teams do in FA vs what we do. Our way has proven to not work how many years in a row now

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point. Has nothing to do with Reed in particular or the 3 DL we signed either. It's what other teams do in FA vs what we do. Our way has proven to not work how many years in a row now
OK I'll say this. I'm not enamored with the FA's we signed, so I'll say we'd be better off with reed. Now where did I put my hot tub.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll say this. I'm not enamored with the FA's we signed, so I'll say we'd be better off with reed. Now where did I put my hot tub.
Hot tub? I'm in as long as you don't pull a Deshaun Watson and try to shove my hand up your...:eek:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoot...I prefer things to play out before I assume, but then again, I'm the knucklehead who still thinks Reggie Robinson & Bradlee Anae still have a chance to be strong contributors for this team. :hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if someone at the top of the draft likes Mac Jones. If they do there is a real good chance 5 QBs go before we pick.
I think Sewell goes for sure and most think Pitts goes so lets say they go as well. Now let's say a team likes Smith more than Chase and takes him and another team picks a defensive player or an OL. That puts us on the clock with Chase (at least IMO) by far the BPA. Too bad we don't have a few days in between picks to figure out possible trades because trading Cooper in that scenario and freeing up his cap space becomes an absolute no-brainer IMO if you could also get a high pick back or if not, then trading Gallup would work as well. You can't realistically go into the season with Coop, Gallup, Lamb and Chase but it would be tough to pass on a talent like Chase. Ideally some team knows that the Eagles and probably Giants will be drooling for him and thinks as highly of him as I do and offers us a sweet deal for our pick. Either way, my thinking out loud point is that the more QBs that go, the better for us. Not exactly an original thought, but running through the board really illustrates this point.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3