• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preferred Malik Hooker but can't hate the move.
Realizing it’s a low bar on which I base this observation... at the very least our safeties look like legitimate football players going into the season. It’s been awhile since we could make that statement.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys signing Damontae Kazee to a 1-year deal
I think Hooker is much, much better. I don't even think the talent level is close. But Kazee is a true Centerfielder type FS so I'm very happy with the signing. Maybe Hooker wasn't healthy (he's been injured a lot). Im guessing also it wasn't for a lot of money if a one year deal for a guy coming off a major injury. It's almost like the team has already made up their mind that they are taking a CB in the 1st because that hole just looks cavernous right now.

But for Christs sake keep Zeke away from this guy

1616727532272.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what they seem to be doing this off-season they could still bring him in
I'd be surprised if they did but read about Quinn liking Kazee's ability to play some slot corner so I guess it's possible if numbers are low enough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hooker is much, much better. I don't even think the talent level is close. But Kazee is a true Centerfielder type FS so I'm very happy with the signing. Maybe Hooker wasn't healthy (he's been injured a lot). Im guessing also it wasn't for a lot of money if a one year deal for a guy coming off a major injury. It's almost like the team has already made up their mind that they are taking a CB in the 1st because that hole just looks cavernous right now.

But for Christs sake keep Zeke away from this guy

View attachment 267743
just saw video on twitter

I'm pretty sure 22 is Neal. Zeke gottem both!!!

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was two Dtackles off the worst rushing defense in football. I was hopeful but more skeptical. I had high hopes for Dix, boy was I wrong there.

This year I'm very optimistic about Quinn and the kinda players he's bringing in. It seems to me he's transforming this defense with instinctive football players that will be much better playing to their roles. I'll be shocked if Quinn isn't a HUGE upgrade....a difference maker to last years train wreak. I didn't see how this team could add a type A free agent without extending DLAW, Cooper and/or Elliott, and I'm glad these three haven't been extended. The impact has to come through the draft. I trust the college scouts. Optimistic is all me.
This year isn't off to a hot start either. Got one DT off the worse run defense this off-season too. Another rotational DL from a piss poor Jets team. My gawd can we shop in any other section of the store?
I like Quinn as a coach and thought he made for a much better hire as a DC than Mccarthy as a HC. I am not as high on us having a bounce back defensively however. This draft has tons of size/length DE's. Hope we get a good one to pair with a solid corner. Then we need more beef on the line and smarts at safety.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw video on twitter

I'm pretty sure 22 is Neal. Zeke gottem both!!!
I seem to remember Zeke running over a member of the legion of boom during his rookie season. That safety was much bigger than Kazee. Where Kazee is needed is in coverage.. so this does not concern me very much.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this year FA as better than last season. Is it great? No ,but it is an improvement. Still need that massive 1tech. I do like the thought of Wilson,kazee and Neal on the field together,but to make this work the got to draft a DT that can play the run and occupy blockers. I absolutely draft either horn or surtain at 10 and find that run stopping DT in the 2nd or 3rd round. Cowboys with Wilson and Kazee are much improved at safety compared to the beginning of last season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realizing it’s a low bar on which I base this observation... at the very least our safeties look like legitimate football players going into the season. It’s been awhile since we could make that statement.
Thompson and Woods sucked last season. Couldn't tackle or cover. Thompson was terrible in all phases and Woods was going through the motions. Wilson and Kazee give max effort

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this year FA as better than last season. Is it great? No ,but it is an improvement. Still need that massive 1tech. I do like the thought of Wilson,kazee and Neal on the field together,but to make this work the got to draft a DT that can play the run and occupy blockers. I absolutely draft either horn or surtain at 10 and find that run stopping DT in the 2nd or 3rd round. Cowboys with Wilson and Kazee are much improved at safety compared to the beginning of last season.
2 one year deals and a STs guy at safety isn't what I was hoping for but I'll take it. None of these moves alleviate the need for a long term fix at safety (or DT, or LB, or CB, etc). Actually, I'm not really sure this team filled any needs at all. More bought some duct tape in to try and hide the leaks for a few months.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 one year deals and a STs guy at safety isn't what I was hoping for but I'll take it. None of these moves alleviate the need for a long term fix at safety (or DT, or LB, or CB, etc). Actually, I'm not really sure this team filled any needs at all. More bought some duct tape in to try and hide the leaks for a few months.
so we draft some like Andrew Cisco or Jevon Holland with #44

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we draft some like Andrew Cisco or Jevon Holland with #44
If we do, sure that could solve the problem and we wouldn't have to rush the guy onto the field year 1. Moehrig looks like a legit prospect. With all the QBs and OL that I think will go early there is a chance he's there with our 2nd pick, but that would require some luck because he looks like a guy ready to start week 1, so I think he is the first safety off the board. My preference is Hufanga. I think he fills that role that is very popular now and that we look like we are trying to put Neal in this year. I think this guy can be a playmaker on D. I also like Grant from UCF.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do, sure that could solve the problem and we wouldn't have to rush the guy onto the field year 1. Moehrig looks like a legit prospect. With all the QBs and OL that I think will go early there is a chance he's there with our 2nd pick, but that would require some luck because he looks like a guy ready to start week 1, so I think he is the first safety off the board. My preference is Hufanga. I think he fills that role that is very popular now and that we look like we are trying to put Neal in this year. I think this guy can be a playmaker on D. I also like Grant from UCF.
I don’t think Moehrig will be there at 44. Most see him as late 1st round

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand bringing in top FA safeties has not been our thing since we went and got Hamlin seemingly a lifetime ago. Its just not where this team spends their money, and I suppose I am fine with trying a few low price guys. But my problem with our approach is we seem to think the draft will solve all our deficiencies. Last I checked, all the other 31 teams also get draft picks. Pick a position in FA to attack with your cap dollars, shore up one spot. Don't need the best out there, just fairly good ones, guys that will work as starters or a rotation and be worth the money spent. Then add some depth at the spots you need with vet minimum contracts and fill the leftover holes with draft picks.

The way we seem to work the draft is:
#1 make a splash for the fans to buy jerseys and tickets. #2 find a replacement to a high priced vet that we are not going to extend or cut next year. #3 if a draft is deep at one position, we either take our top rated one or ignore it completely and sign some undrafted ones. Essentially do the opposite of what you should do and punt the value by not getting middle rounders.

This year we should be getting a great corner in the first. Pluck a good OL in the second. Then nab a safety in the 3rd. And finally bag a couple DL and a LB. That's what I'm seeing out of the draft in terms of value at our picks. We'll see what is there when its our time on the clock. But due to not securing much in FA to this point, we still have a huge gaping hole at CB and DT, along with not being able to 100% trust our safeties or LBers. Then we still have to add some youth to our aging and deteriorating OL. So who knows which holes actually get filled, but I'm guessing we don't get a safety yet again (in a draft ripe for one or two).

If we can slide back 2 to 4 spots from 10th overall in this draft, this would be a good draft to do so. With the elite offensive positions in this draft (4QB/2OT/3WR/1TE) I don't see how the two corners (Surtain and Horn) are both gone in the top 13. The likely teams that go corner are SF and NE out of the top 15, and they both have other needs too. If we can stay ahead of NE that should land us one. There will be two DEs taken fairly high as well as the top LB to round out the likely top 15 prospects. Side note - this discussion is best kept in a draft thread.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any substance to those Gallup for Gilmore rumors that would be a huge boost. I love Gallup but we could absolutely afford to lose him if it fills a gaping hole elsewhere.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year isn't off to a hot start either. Got one DT off the worse run defense this off-season too. Another rotational DL from a piss poor Jets team. My gawd can we shop in any other section of the store?
I like Quinn as a coach and thought he made for a much better hire as a DC than Mccarthy as a HC. I am not as high on us having a bounce back defensively however. This draft has tons of size/length DE's. Hope we get a good one to pair with a solid corner. Then we need more beef on the line and smarts at safety.
Just saw Kwity paye DE, from Michigan. He looks like a beast very versatile , but I still have Taco nightmares.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any substance to those Gallup for Gilmore rumors that would be a huge boost. I love Gallup but we could absolutely afford to lose him if it fills a gaping hole elsewhere.
I wonder if Gilmore would go somewhere and play without an extension. Plus we would have to add about $5M in cap space for the difference between the two I think. I wonder if it was more likely before we signed Lewis and his $2.5M cap hit this year. Gilmore and Diggs starting with an early draft pick and Brown backing them up and improved safety play would be pretty good. Probably not likely now that we went through most of our cap space on spare pieces, but obviously makes us better on the field this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

star trek thinking GIF by HULU

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one gets a double

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Up there in age and likely wants more $ than we can give but would be awesome on a 1 or 2 year deal. Unless the team, like me, thinks Parsons is going to be a star and is thinking of taking him