• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess going back to last year you have to give McCarthy credit for at least changing the way this team approaches FA with our defense. Last year we signed Poe and Dix at two of our historically ignored spots and Griffin, McCoy and A Smith on the DL. All are gone and Dix never even played here, but at least he tried to add players. So while our choice of players still sucks and could again this year (time will tell), at least we are recognizing we need to upgrade the talent on this team. No if we just pick quality over quantity we'd really accomplish something
I agree with that. They did and are trying to address needs. Like I said, I won't get excited about the offseason. I will wait to see who is on the field in Sept.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had been doing a good job up until last year not spending a bunch in FA and getting some quality depth. Then for some inexplicable reason, we sign 2/4 of the DL off the worse rush defense in the league. One gets hurt and never plays and the other helped pave the way toward a (near?) franchise worse rush defense. This year it looks to be a case of once bitten twice shy. We are adding depth in bodies, but nothing we've added is going to start on Sundays for us barring injury.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had been doing a good job up until last year not spending a bunch in FA and getting some quality depth. Then for some inexplicable reason, we sign 2/4 of the DL off the worse rush defense in the league. One gets hurt and never plays and the other helped pave the way toward a (near?) franchise worse rush defense. This year it looks to be a case of once bitten twice shy. We are adding depth in bodies, but nothing we've added is going to start on Sundays for us barring injury.
You don't really know that yet if some won't be starters or valuable back ups. They could not foreseen the injury to JM last year. The signings of he, Poe, and Griffith looked solid. The Dix cut was surprising. But you Can't play Monday morning QB now. At the time, the signings addressed needs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interior DL players rotate so much these days that having Gallimore, Hill, Watkins and Urban is a good steady core add someone like Alim McNeill could be a solid steady run/pass IDL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't really know that yet if some won't be starters or valuable back ups. They could not foreseen the injury to JM last year. The signings of he, Poe, and Griffith looked solid. The Dix cut was surprising. But you Can't play Monday morning QB now. At the time, the signings addressed needs.
I think Neal starts at SS and we will add a starting FS as well

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of God, let them go once they are done. You pay guys for what they'll do going forward not because they were great players in the past. Enough already. We bringing back Witten too? They want to coach, I'm all in, but these guys cannot contribute on the field any more

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this one waits until the Summer. May get a better bargain then

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of God, let them go once they are done. You pay guys for what they'll do going forward not because they were great players in the past. Enough already. We bringing back Witten too? They want to coach, I'm all in, but these guys cannot contribute on the field any more

be positive.
They might be talking of his future as a LB coach :)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.SportsHoopla.com/articl...retiring-from-nfl-after-9-seasons-682607.html

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be positive.
They might be talking of his future as a LB coach :)
Yup, that would be great. Get the good without the bad. Obviously it's been a while since he was a top player, but it was really tough watching him last year. It was almost sad to watch one of your favorite players just embarrass himself. It was even worse than watching Witten the last two years.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't Monday morning this. I said it at the time, I think even before the signing was final, that adding both Carolina DTs was bad. I did not mind the Griffith signing and like many fans thought Dix would become a starter.

post #180
Dallas Cowboy Signings

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't Monday morning this. I said it at the time, I think even before the signing was final, that adding both Carolina DTs was bad. I did not mind the Griffith signing and like many fans thought Dix would become a starter.

post #180
Dallas Cowboy Signings
I for one not only thought Dix would be the starter but that he would do really well last year. His assumed skill set was exactly what we needed. You win some you lose some...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one of the few that did not like it. We filled needs, just did not work out. Seems like it should have been a sign how bad 2020 would be. Unreal, that all of your free agents signings did not work out well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one of the few that did not like it. We filled needs, just did not work out. Seems like it should have been a sign how bad 2020 would be. Unreal, that all of your free agents signings did not work out well.
Last year the plan got a B and It seemed like we did the right thing by finally plugging a bunch of huge holes. The execution unfortunately got a D.
But that is the story of most of our FA picks every year. We buy the cheapest guys we can and are surprised when they don't work out. This is fine when you have multiple playmakers on defense but we don't. While we do need depth and rotational guys, what we need most is a couple of top end talent players. Maybe we get one or two in the draft :hope:

Cowboy fans getting excited over our moves would be like Bengals fans getting excited over signing Awuzie.
2021...rinse, repeat??? Time will tell.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was two Dtackles off the worst rushing defense in football. I was hopeful but more skeptical. I had high hopes for Dix, boy was I wrong there.

This year I'm very optimistic about Quinn and the kinda players he's bringing in. It seems to me he's transforming this defense with instinctive football players that will be much better playing to their roles. I'll be shocked if Quinn isn't a HUGE upgrade....a difference maker to last years train wreak. I didn't see how this team could add a type A free agent without extending DLAW, Cooper and/or Elliott, and I'm glad these three haven't been extended. The impact has to come through the draft. I trust the college scouts. Optimistic is all me.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was two Dtackles off the worst rushing defense in football. I was hopeful but more skeptical. I had high hopes for Dix, boy was I wrong there.

This year I'm very optimistic about Quinn and the kinda players he's bringing in. It seems to me he's transforming this defense with instinctive football players that will be much better playing to their roles. I'll be shocked if Quinn isn't a HUGE upgrade....a difference maker to last years train wreak. I didn't see how this team could add a type A free agent without extending DLAW, Cooper and/or Elliott, and I'm glad these three haven't been extended. The impact has to come through the draft. I trust the college scouts. Optimistic is all me.

Agreed. As long as our oline isn't injured from jump street like last year the offense should be set.

Get 2 impact defenders in the draft along with some depth that could become starter material down the road, combined with bounce back years from some guys and I think we're in business.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. As long as our oline isn't injured from jump street like last year the offense should be set.

Get 2 impact defenders in the draft along with some depth that could become starter material down the road, combined with bounce back years from some guys and I think we're in business.
well with the addition of Nsekhe and with a couple of o-line draft picks maybe from Deonte Brown OG Alabama, Drake Jackson OC Kentucky and Adrian Ealy OF Oklahoma in the middle rounds might make things better