• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is his injury history after his initial one. If he wasn't a injury concern Houston wouldn't have released him.
i think that was part of it but i also think they were also looking for salary relief

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say....this surprised me

Byron Jones signed a five-year contract with Miami this offseason, making him the fifth-highest paid cornerback in football. It is safe to say that, so far, that has not worked out as well as the Dolphins might have hoped. Jones allowed 10.6 yards per target and 17.6 yards per completion, both worst among starting cornerbacks in 2020. His two interceptions are misleading; he set a career low with just three pass breakups and 42 tackles and tied his career high with 10 broken and missed tackles, and his 82.5% deserved catch percentage was the highest SIS has recorded for him as well. Now, to be fair, some of those high average numbers come from the fact that opposing quarterbacks were more likely to challenge Xavien Howard or Eric Rowe; Jones had just 73 targets per Sportradar. But when he was targeted, Jones gave up far too much for someone of his caliber and paycheck. I'd expect him to bounce back next season, but those are not numbers you want to see out of your $82.5-million man.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Byron Jones signed a five-year contract with Miami this offseason, making him the fifth-highest paid cornerback in football. It is safe to say that, so far, that has not worked out as well as the Dolphins might have hoped. Jones allowed 10.6 yards per target and 17.6 yards per completion, both worst among starting cornerbacks in 2020. His two interceptions are misleading; he set a career low with just three pass breakups and 42 tackles and tied his career high with 10 broken and missed tackles, and his 82.5% deserved catch percentage was the highest SIS has recorded for him as well. Now, to be fair, some of those high average numbers come from the fact that opposing quarterbacks were more likely to challenge Xavien Howard or Eric Rowe; Jones had just 73 targets per Sportradar. But when he was targeted, Jones gave up far too much for someone of his caliber and paycheck. I'd expect him to bounce back next season, but those are not numbers you want to see out of your $82.5-million man.
Really didnt surprise me.
I was really surprised at his stats when he was with the Cowboys. I always thought of that as fools gold. I was really happy we didnt try & keep him. there isnt/wasnt one DB I would have paid high caliber money for. Comparing him to our other DBs. Sure he looked good, but he was never "that" good. I was unaware of the stats you are showing me here, but always knew he could never live up to the contract he was gonna get. Our Front office never seems to get much credit for good moves, but this was one of the good ones. That they got ridiculed for.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never high on him. He was solid, but not great. I had no problem letting him go. We drafted his replacement.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didnt surprise me.
I didn't say he was worth the money he got, but the following surprised the heck outta me.

Jones allowed 10.6 yards per target and 17.6 yards per completion, both worst among starting cornerbacks in 2020.

he set a career low with just three pass breakups and 42 tackles and tied his career high with 10 broken and missed tackles, and his 82.5% deserved catch percentage was the highest SIS has recorded for him as well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I soured on Jones the defensive back and Jones the punter during that playoff game vs the packers in 2017 . They both sucked in that game. Jones could not kick the ball more than 35 yards and Jones was defending on that long pass to the TE that kept Green Bay alive in that game . Byron Jones was not worth the money he got from the Dolpins

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I soured on Jones the defensive back and Jones the punter during that playoff game vs the packers in 2017 . They both sucked in that game. Jones could not kick the ball more than 35 yards and Jones was defending on that long pass to the TE that kept Green Bay alive in that game . Byron Jones was not worth the money he got from the Dolpins
I read cutting the punter (jones) saves this team 2M towards the cap.

Based on the guy that replaced him, Jones shoulda been cut yesterday

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was hurt and then not 100% when he came back for a while. Only gave up 40 receptions but that's misleading of course when you miss time. Diggs who was our best last year and missed even more games gave up 45 rec. Let's see how he does in Mia this year if healthy. Bizarre stat - his 2 Ints (not to say that is a lot) were as many as he had in 5 years in Dallas. Similar to Carr when he left and I think had 2 ints in his first two games...or something like that

Crazy that if we kept Jones and let Jaylon walk instead we probably make the playoffs. Doesn't matter because we would have been bounced in the first round and we would be saddled with another huge contract for a player probably not worth it. I'm a Jones fan but he just wasn't worth the money he was getting elsewhere. Same as Hitchens when we lost him a few years back to a contract too big for his talent. You just can't pay these guys top $ sometimes when you have cap issues.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Irving re-signed with the Las Vegas Raiders last week

"You've got some real people here who can appreciate a unique specimen like myself. I am a bit different on and off the field, and they understand that. I am comfortable here … not only that, man, but I see a team here with a bunch of good, young players that have been missing a little leadership."

Laughing Out Loud GIF by memecandy

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the best Mexican food I have ever had Saturday at a little place just outside Exeter. The wife also impressed. But......they played LOUD Mexican music, I love music, just not LOUD anything especially Mexican music.

Never have taken Mexican food out, as we know ya get a plate with a mountain of food, how does that work in take out? We live about 20 miles from there, so will be cold by the time we get home, so.....mocrowave????

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You've got some real people here who can appreciate a unique specimen like myself. I am a bit different on and off the field, and they understand that. I am comfortable here … not only that, man, but I see a team here with a bunch of good, young players that have been missing a little leadership."

So I must assume they are still missing leadership.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the best Mexican food I have ever had Saturday at a little place just outside Exeter. The wife also impressed. But......they played LOUD Mexican music, I love music, just not LOUD anything especially Mexican music.

Never have taken Mexican food out, as we know ya get a plate with a mountain of food, how does that work in take out? We live about 20 miles from there, so will be cold by the time we get home, so.....mocrowave????
Are you lost? Get yourself a GPS.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good Lord...

HE’S going to be a leader?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, in the "Schefter Throwing Shit At The Wall" series...