• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Cowboys were serious about improving the defense they should consider JOK. He is the type needed.. the coverage skills are elite. He could cure some ills that are happening to this defense.

I think he would be a difference maker. I dont feel that way about very many. of the other defenders in this draft. There just something about him...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Cowboys were serious about improving the defense they should consider JOK. He is the type needed.. the coverage skills are elite. He could cure some ills that are happening to this defense.

I think he would be a difference maker. I dont feel that way about very many. of the other defenders in this draft. There just something about him...
I heard last week or so. The best safety in the draft by far was Trevon Moehrig but he is slated to go in the mid to late 20's. so unless we trade back I dont see that happening. almost every Mock I see shows us taking one of 2 CBs or Slater. One has us taking a LB. Micah Parsons of Penn State. (whoever that is)

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard last week or so. The best safety in the draft by far was Trevon Moehrig but he is slated to go in the mid to late 20's. so unless we trade back I dont see that happening. almost every Mock I see shows us taking one of 2 CBs or Slater. One has us taking a LB. Micah Parsons of Penn State. (whoever that is)
A buddy who is a PSU alum had some thoughts on Parsons when I asked him about the guy...

I never thought he was not as effective off the edge as he was in gaps. He has a RB's knack for hitting the interior gaps and reading/shedding blockers (he was an outstanding RB in HS). OL don't get many clean hits on him. When he was on the edge, teams game-planned away from him. He doesn't have the variety of moves/technique of a top edge rusher. His best quality is getting directly through faster than OL can move. The assertion that he cannot play the run is silly. He's an outstanding tackler. extremely instinctive on reading the line and getting through.

I would drop him on maturity questions, certainly. I've seen impulsive/ADHD qualities while at PSU. It's sometimes immature, like a big kid. He'll say the wrong thing or act without thinking. Sometimes he'll act the bully or knucklehead. He's a 245 lb middle-schooler at times. I really have no idea how he will do outside of the PSU structure.

Doesn’t sound like a guy I would go after at 10 but that’s just me...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy who is a PSU alum had some thoughts on Parsons when I asked him about the guy...

He sounds like an ILB/MLB, which if good enough I have no problems using a high pick on. The character issues you bring up however would give me pause if true. (as a top ten pick)

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounds like an ILB/MLB, which if good enough I have no problems using a high pick on. The character issues you bring up however would give me pause if true. (as a top ten pick)
Yep. I might be a little forgiving at 20. Not at 10.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know there are off the field questions, but what he wrote about him in between the lines is why I like him and would consider him at #10 and is exactly what we need. Maybe he can teach our other two knuckleheads how to get away an OL, hit a gap and tackle

"He has a RB's knack for hitting the interior gaps and reading/shedding blockers (he was an outstanding RB in HS). OL don't get many clean hits on him. When he was on the edge, teams game-planned away from him. He doesn't have the variety of moves/technique of a top edge rusher. His best quality is getting directly through faster than OL can move. The assertion that he cannot play the run is silly. He's an outstanding tackler. extremely instinctive on reading the line and getting through."

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Parsons,just not at 10. I just think JOK is a better player. JOK is a far better player in coverage. I just got JOK on my radar to go along with Farley,Horn,Surtain and Slater. I think any of these five would help the team in a big way. I also see JOK being mocked at around 17th or 18th. So he is on other peoples radar as well. JOK is a baller

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC East, the only division where all the teams have won a Superbowl.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would get the USC safety. Trade up in second round if he is there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins and Martin are no-brainers. Only the Cowboys would restructure a guy like Smith that has been a big injury risk lately. There is just no reason for this right now. Of course, if we don't spend it, it doesn't matter because it will just roll forward, but that $18M in dead money this year for Smith is certainly a red flag. Why they wouldn't at least wait to do this is vintage JJ and SJ... :doh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spotrac must not be showing all the re-structures because it only shows the Cowboys with a little over 9M in cap space
shows about $21M now. I guess we should find out what the cap is soon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe they restructured Smith, but it tells us the team still thinks he has a few years left at a high level. But I don't think that eliminates OT as a potential draft target. The idea of moving Collins to LG and bringing in a guy who can play RT day 1 and move to LT when Smith is out or retirees is still pretty appealing to me in both hte short term and the long term. I'm not as down on Connor Williams as everyone else, but that doesn't mean I think he is good either. I do like what I saw from McGovern and Knight, but let all 3 fight for depth snaps and with our OLs injury history there will be snaps to be had at some point. Biadasz was ok for a rookie but needs to be a lot better if he is going to start. Obviously with it being his first year, with no offseason program and his injuries, there is every chance to believe he can be. That would make for a darn good line and hopefully bring life back to our running game and allow our $40M QB to do his job. Then just use every other pick (and I do mean every other pick!) on defense and also bring in a starter or two via free agency. This could be a decent team next year IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. $7M per year for Awuzie???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2