• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is of course not at all a surprise to anyone who listens to Jerry bang his shoe on the table yelling about how amazing Jaylon is...

I bet Jaylon led the league in tackles made 10 yards down the field.. course that does not help when the defense is with their backs to the endzone . Cowboys need to stop running backs from getting to the 2nd level and it got to start up front. You do that by drafting Tyler Shelvin . He is huge. He occupies blockers. They thought they had their guy in Poe,but he was washed up.

I would like to see Jaylon suffer a hammy pull which keeps him off the field. That Utah kid is better than him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, let's still draft their replacements.
It got to be highly considered to draft an OT early I think sewell long gone by pick 10. The guy that could be there is slater. I would prefer to take surtain or Farley at 10 and go defense with the 2nd and 3rd round pick. Go for a swing tackle with one of the fourth rounders maybe. We got Diggs and Wilson and nothing else in the secondary. I want a top safety in round 2. This defense is going to suck until they just use some resources.

If I had anything to say I move McGovern to tackle and and draft another guard. McGovern is underrated as an athlete. He can move and easily could transition to tackle. Steele is a complete bum. He would get cut from a CFL team and we started him all last season and he lost games. He sucks

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is jerruh sticks with players and it cost games. Does anybody think Jimmy Johnson would have let Jaylon Smith play all those games as badly as he played? Hell no

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a large part of the problem here in Dallas....Jerry determines who plays in many cases
Also as much as other guys have influenced decision making in recent years the fact remains we still ignore the safety and to a lesser extent DT positions and I think that's a Jerry thing. For whatever reason he doesn't prioritize those positions.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as much as other guys have influenced decision making in recent years the fact remains we still ignore the safety and to a lesser extent DT positions and I think that's a Jerry thing. For whatever reason he doesn't prioritize those positions.
100% correct and it's funny since he saw the impact Woodsen had and watched Jimmy draft Russell Maryland #1 overall

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT was all Marinelli. He wanted a certain type of player. Penetrating one gap over a bigger guy. so we had all these smaller type DTs. I think you could see last year after Rod was gone that we brought in 2 free agent DTs And drafted another. Unfortunately the FAs didn’t work out for shit but the attempt was made so I don’t think that’s a Jerry thing. Safety...who knows. I think every Cowboy fan has been calling for a big name free agent, early draft pick or in many years both to fix that spot. We just won’t do it Even though the impact of good safety play is obvious all over the league. if We finally ever stop overvaluing and resigning our own marginal players year after year after year we’d have money to use to bring in some much needed talent. That to me falls on Jerry and Stephen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the long term plan is for Cooper and also what his trade market would be this year. As we all know next off season we can move on from him with a $6M cap hit. If that is the plan for him anyway (I would, but not sure the team feels the same) we could trade him this year and only incur an $8M hit - only $2M more. This would save us $14M against this years cap and $20M if done after 6/1. It would also bring back a valuable draft pick or player (or not worth doing this year).

We are not as good of a team without him as with him, but we'd still have both Lamb and Gallup and trading him gives us the room to tag Dak (if that is the plan) or sign him without a crazy backloading of his contract (not a huge deal because the cap came down so much this year and is expected to go up in the future). Trading him also could allow us to sign a defensive playmaker or keep us from having to restructure a boatload of contracts which everyone with knowledge of our cap history (and the Eagles current predicament) knows that's not smart.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really dumb as well. It like Jerruh was not watching the impact Woodson had on those 90's defenses. The blue print to beat the Cowboys is clear. You run the ball and throw deep cause we got no safety that can help out on the deep end. A DT like Tyler Shelvin is desperately needed and if you dont go DB in round two I highly suggest drafting Shelvin. Now maybe you draft a Adarius Washington or Richie Grant in round 2 and get that big DT in round 3. But you need playmakers in the secondary. Farley and Surtain are my top choices at 10. This team ain't doing chit until they use serious draft capital on defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the long term plan is for Cooper and also what his trade market would be this year. As we all know next off season we can move on from him with a $6M cap hit. If that is the plan for him anyway (I would, but not sure the team feels the same) we could trade him this year and only incur an $8M hit - only $2M more. This would save us $14M against this years cap and $20M if done after 6/1. It would also bring back a valuable draft pick or player (or not worth doing this year).

We are not as good of a team without him as with him, but we'd still have both Lamb and Gallup and trading him gives us the room to tag Dak (if that is the plan) or sign him without a crazy backloading of his contract (not a huge deal because the cap came down so much this year and is expected to go up in the future). Trading him also could allow us to sign a defensive playmaker or keep us from having to restructure a boatload of contracts which everyone with knowledge of our cap history (and the Eagles current predicament) knows that's not smart.
Cooper could be a cap casualty. I think I would prefer to trade Gallup and keep Coop. I like Gallop but I dont think any team can afford all 3 and Coop is better than Gallup. I think Gallup is going to get a lot of money once he hits FA.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really dumb as well. It like Jerruh was not watching the impact Woodson had on those 90's defenses. The blue print to beat the Cowboys is clear. You run the ball and throw deep cause we got no safety that can help out on the deep end. A DT like Tyler Shelvin is desperately needed and if you dont go DB in round two I highly suggest drafting Shelvin. Now maybe you draft a Adarius Washington or Richie Grant in round 2 and get that big DT in round 3. But you need playmakers in the secondary. Farley and Surtain are my top choices at 10. This team ain't doing chit until they use serious draft capital on defense.
Not necessarily deep because for years we played our safeties (or at least one) so deep that no one could get behind them without a race car on some plays, but certainly running and then picking apart our secondary as you say is the blueprint and we saw it play out week after week for years. I remember times and even this past year when our opponent would complete a 20 yardish plus pass and then you would see the safety come into the picture from at least 30 plus yards with no one anywhere near them or even a threat to become their responsibility. It's just bizarre how poor the combo of safety play/scheme has been over the last decade plus for this team

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT was all Marinelli. He wanted a certain type of player. Penetrating one gap over a bigger guy. so we had all these smaller type DTs. I think you could see last year after Rod was gone that we brought in 2 free agent DTs And drafted another. Unfortunately the FAs didn’t work out for shit but the attempt was made so I don’t think that’s a Jerry thing. Safety...who knows. I think every Cowboy fan has been calling for a big name free agent, early draft pick or in many years both to fix that spot. We just won’t do it Even though the impact of good safety play is obvious all over the league. if We finally ever stop overvaluing and resigning our own marginal players year after year after year we’d have money to use to bring in some much needed talent. That to me falls on Jerry and Stephen.
You bring up a great point. They think Jaylon is the next Butkus. Hopefully the move back to the 4-3 makes Jaylon and LVE better. The other player I am going to bash is Connor William's. Cowboys think he is better than he actually is. He gets zero movement in the running game. Connor also gets destroyed whenever he plays against a good defensive tackles. The Eagles Fletcher Cox and that Redskin front destroyed connor William's in 2020. But all I keep hearing is how great Connor is. I am not impressed with him....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home to watch the last minute of the Dallas Pitt game. Great play by Gregory on 4th and less than 1 backed up inside our own 20 to get the Cowboys the ball back. Great 30 yard catch by Lamb on the first play to immediately get the ball to mid-field. Then Gilbert gets them to the 30. probably threw an out a little too short to get a good shot at a score on the last play which wasn’t a great throw, but not much to blame Gilbert about. I had forgotten how this game ended. Still can’t believe Pitt didn’t kick the FG at the end

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the team does with Gregory. He is on a one year deal right now. He is a guy whose price tag could go up significantly after the year...or get suspended and never be heard from again. With the rule changes I suspect the former is more likely than the latter. Perhaps we should be looking at doing something now. :scratch:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the team does with Gregory. He is on a one year deal right now. He is a guy whose price tag could go up significantly after the year...or get suspended and never be heard from again. With the rule changes I suspect the former is more likely than the latter. Perhaps we should be looking at doing something now. :scratch:
Cowboys absolutely should get a short extension done. 2 year team friendly extension incentive based with an out if he gets suspended. He is the 2nd best defensive lineman. He is a freak athlete nolan deserved to be fired for not playing Gregory more snaps. Just dont get the coaching staff. They start Thompson and think he is better than Wilson,yet we all knew Thompson sucked

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys absolutely should get a short extension done. 2 year team friendly extension incentive based with an out if he gets suspended. He is the 2nd best defensive lineman. He is a freak athlete nolan deserved to be fired for not playing Gregory more snaps. Just dont get the coaching staff. They start Thompson and think he is better than Wilson,yet we all knew Thompson sucked
I agree. Guilt him into a two year team friendly deal. I normally say players don't owe the team anything in this case he does.