• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some gems in today's Down Goes Brown

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign: The players responded to the owners' most recent offer by presenting not one but three different counter-proposals.

Bad sign: Those three different offers were created by Donald Fehr shifting his weight slightly while he sat pantsless on the photocopier.

:lol:

There's a horrible mental picture.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Good sign: Bettman seems to already be thinking ahead to bringing back the post-lockout slogan "Thank You Fans", since he keeps writing that phrase in his notebook over and over again while smiling.
Bad sign: On closer examination, that first word may not be "Thank".

:(

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a second, I thought DownGoesBrown was stealing GunsandBeer material (with all the Jeremy Jacobs slams). But then I remembered that G&B was never funny.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down Goes Brown: Checking in on the NHL stars playing in Europe

Rick Nash - Agreed to terms with Swiss league powerhouse HC Davos after they were willing to meet his critical contract demand that they be absolutely 100% sure that they don't play in Columbus.

Alexander Semin - Got tired of constantly being referred to as "the enigmatic Russian"; signed with his hometown team in Russia so that he could try constantly being referred to as "the enigmatic local boy" instead.

Joffrey Lupul - Recently signed with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg of the KHL in an effort to keep his "playing for a hopeless last place team" skills sharp.

Ilya Bryzgalov - Was named player of the week in the Intergalactic Hockey League after posting back-to-back shutouts against the first place Vogsphere Vogons, according to the story he's currently telling terrified fellow bus passengers who are trying not to make eye contact with him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a second, I thought DownGoesBrown was stealing GunsandBeer material (with all the Jeremy Jacobs slams). But then I remembered that G&B was never funny.

lol, I have/hate to admit, he was one troll who always got under my skin. Dup and Maddog never bothered me that much, because they'd usually be too into themselves.

F GunsandBeer. That guy was something else.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Bissonnette - His new contract with the British league's Cardiff Devils gives the veteran enforcer the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be known as "the guy with the relatively nice teeth".

Patrick Kane - Chose to accept an offer from EHC Biel in Switzerland due to the city's educational opportunities, we're assuming, since he spent the entire contract negotiation asking questions about the quality of local sororities.

Those were my two favourites...

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, it was a little bit awkward when Bure was making his way to the podium for one of the biggest moments of his entire life and Mike Richter sprawled across and stopped him out of force of habit.

One of my favorite hockey moments

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one last thing: Are you going to be paying with cash or credit? What's that? You say you're "planning to find some spineless city council and stick them with the bill". Wonderful.

That's a fantastic Daryl Katz zinger...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Just one last thing: Are you going to be paying with cash or credit? What's that? You say you're "planning to find some spineless city council and stick them with the bill". Wonderful.

That's a fantastic Daryl Katz zinger...

I figured it was about Glendale
works for both, sadly