• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So with the B1G and Pac12 getting less competitive in recruiting, etc.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12
lost to Arkansas State
lost to La Lafayette
chickened out on playing SMU and La Tech
Did beat FCS E Kentucky
has games against FCS Missouri State and Holy Boys Choir University aka HBU
has another game against Sun Belt with Coastal Carolina, so far, Sun Belt is 2-0 vs Big 12

Big 12 is not exactly super dee dooper in football right now.

And if you look at recruiting rankings for 2021 (which for the record is highly volatile for the time being) you have OU/Texas in the top 15 and then five BIG schools until you get to TCU. It's another big drop until 37 WVU.

But again that is all secondary to the fact the average BIG school received nearly 20 million more per school in revenue sharing last year.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue the ACC. Keep in mind that I am also looking at potential and the full history over the course of 30-40 years.

In the ACC, the following programs, with the right coaches, could all become the next Clemson:

1. Georgia Tech
2. Florida State
3. Miami
4. Virginia Tech
5. North Carolina
6. Pittsburgh
7. Syracuse - this one maybe iffy but they had High Level Contending teams in the 1990s and early 2000s
8. Clemson

In fact all of these teams with the exception of North Carolina and Virginia Tech have won CFB National Titles. If you add Clemson that puts the team count to 8 ACC schools with recruiting regions that could allow them to compete at a HIGH LEVEL.

SEC has the following teams that have potential to be the next Alabama/Clemson:

1. Auburn
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Tennessee
6. Texas A&M
7. Arkansas.
8. Ole Miss
9. South Carolina
10. Alabama

That is 10 teams from the SEC who could potential put together teams that can compete for National Title. All of those programs are in or very near hot bed regions and out of that mix, every one of those teams with the exception of South Carolina have won a National Title.

I don't see that depth in the Big10. I see 4 programs in the B1G that can compete for National Titles with the right recipe: Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Nebraska. Wisconsin is a maybe but they really don't recruit the talent and they are NOT in a recruiting hot bed.

Good lord man. Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Syracuse? Syracuse!?!?

lol

Not Wisconsin. Syracuse. Hell Maryland has a better chance of pulling it together than a school from upstate NY in a region that CFB is like the 7th favorite sport. I've been up there. They watch horse racing before they give a shit about Syracuse football.

Reactions: gob

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
volbound2002 is our very own Lord Halifax/Neville Chamberlain from Britain in WWII and Henri Petain from France.

I will compare everything to the first thing that happens,

According to Volbound2002 Japan defeated the United States of America after Pearl Harbor and Germany defeated Europe and Russia.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord man. Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Syracuse? Syracuse!?!?

lol

Not Wisconsin. Syracuse. Hell Maryland has a better chance of pulling it together than a school from upstate NY in a region that CFB is like the 7th favorite sport. I've been up there. They watch horse racing before they give a shit about Syracuse football.

Syracuse has a National Title, Wisconsin has NEVER won a National Title.

Syracuse had high level teams in the 1990s that were competing for National Titles. Do you not remember Donovan McNabb? In 1998 for example, they almost beat the National Champion Tennessee Vols. They beat Michigan, the defending National Champion, and won the Big East Conference. They have been down for a while but given the right formula, they could turn that around.

They live in one of the most populous states.

Arkansas was going 11-2 under Bobby Petrino and competing with everyone just 6-7 years ago. Arkansas borders Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana, major recruiting hot bets. They are a top 20 all-time football program and have won National Titles before.

Ole Miss was playing at a high level as a top ten program and recruiting at a high level under Hugh Freeze. They also had great teams with David Cutcliffe. Ole Miss has a National Title and played for Titles as well.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
volbound2002 is our very own Lord Halifax/Neville Chamberlain from Britain in WWII and Henri Petain from France.

According to Volbound2002 Japan defeated the United States of America after Pearl Harbor and Germany defeated Europe and Russia.

??? This post makes no sense.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with most of you losers is you act like you don't know anything about college football unless it happened over the last 5 years.

You can't deny that Football is in decline in the B1G and huge decline in the Pac12. I do think the ELITE B1G teams will be fine but the league in general is not good. Teams like Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Minnesota, etc. are going to continually find it hard to compete. Mid-Major schools in Sunbelt teams will field more talented team than these B1G teams.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse has a National Title, Wisconsin has NEVER won a National Title.

Syracuse had high level teams in the 1990s that were competing for National Titles. Do you not remember Donovan McNabb? In 1998 for example, they almost beat the National Champion Tennessee Vols. They beat Michigan, the defending National Champion, and won the Big East Conference. They have been down for a while but given the right formula, they could turn that around.

They live in one of the most populous states.

Arkansas was going 11-2 under Bobby Petrino and competing with everyone just 6-7 years ago. Arkansas borders Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana, major recruiting hot bets. They are a top 20 all-time football program and have won National Titles before.

Ole Miss was playing at a high level as a top ten program and recruiting at a high level under Hugh Freeze. They also had great teams with David Cutcliffe. Ole Miss has a National Title and played for Titles as well.

So in your estimation Syracuse...of which plays in a state in which many of the schools with population don't even play football is on the cusp of great things because of Donovan Mcnabb?

You know..Minnesota also has many national titles. Those are about as useful today as Syracuse winning a national championship in basketball in 2003.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your estimation Syracuse...of which plays in a state in which many of the schools with population don't even play football is on the cusp of great things because of Donovan Mcnabb?

You know..Minnesota also has many national titles. Those are about as useful today as Syracuse winning a national championship in basketball in 2003.

I will maybe agree with you on Syracuse. I respect their program but they have been down a while and their state is not a good recruiting bed. However, that still leaves ~7 teams for the ACC. Far more than the B1G.

I see you didn't even try to argue Arkansas or Ole Miss because you knew that I won that argument.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I'm bored to be engaging in this craziness. Whatever floats your boat man. Yep. Arkansas is the next Clemson. no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Volbound is also severely mentally challenged.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your conference and team sat out this Fall like a bunch of pussies. No one wants to play in your wimp ass league anymore. Recruits already leaving the Slob10. Ohio State should be begging the Big12 to join their league this Fall and make the move for GOOD. Leave behind your shitty ass conference. You would get to play Oklahoma and Texas every year.

I respect Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan but the rest of the teams are crap. Grab those teams and run to the Big12. Leave the rest of the garbage behind.
Have you missed your meds?

"My team" is Ohio State - who you in one sentence called a bunch of pussies and in another said you respected them.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic and So am I. - - - @volbound2002

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the B1G is primarily those 4 schools listed. I cannot think of anyone outside of those 4 schools that is a true contender at a high level. Even among those 4 contenders, only Ohio State has done anything since the 1990s. Wisconsin is just sitting out but every time I talk to someone from Wisconsin, they are a Packers fan and very few really like the Badgers. Wisconsin also doesn't really compete well once they run into a team with significant talent.
In the last decade, the only out of conference team to beat us by more than 10 was the 2015 Alabama team who won the title. In that time, we've beaten LSU, Auburn, Miami, and USC.

I guess we must have different definitions of "competing."

(Also, by all accounts we are about to bring in by far our highest recruiting class this cycle. Sorry to dispel your narrative.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your conference and team sat out this Fall like a bunch of pussies. No one wants to play in your wimp ass league anymore. Recruits already leaving the Slob10. Ohio State should be begging the Big12 to join their league this Fall and make the move for GOOD. Leave behind your shitty ass conference. You would get to play Oklahoma and Texas every year.

I respect Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan but the rest of the teams are crap. Grab those teams and run to the Big12. Leave the rest of the garbage behind.
Actually they are getting closer everyday to starting in the fall. Good luck losing in the SEC

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue the ACC. Keep in mind that I am also looking at potential and the full history over the course of 30-40 years.

In the ACC, the following programs, with the right coaches, could all become the next Clemson:

1. Georgia Tech
2. Florida State
3. Miami
4. Virginia Tech
5. North Carolina
6. Pittsburgh
7. Syracuse - this one maybe iffy but they had High Level Contending teams in the 1990s and early 2000s
8. Clemson

In fact all of these teams with the exception of North Carolina and Virginia Tech have won CFB National Titles. If you add Clemson that puts the team count to 8 ACC schools with recruiting regions that could allow them to compete at a HIGH LEVEL.

SEC has the following teams that have potential to be the next Alabama/Clemson:

1. Auburn
2. LSU
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Tennessee
6. Texas A&M
7. Arkansas.
8. Ole Miss
9. South Carolina
10. Alabama

That is 10 teams from the SEC who could potential put together teams that can compete for National Title. All of those programs are in or very near hot bed regions and out of that mix, every one of those teams with the exception of South Carolina have won a National Title.

I don't see that depth in the Big10. I see 4 programs in the B1G that can compete for National Titles with the right recipe: Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Nebraska. Wisconsin is a maybe but they really don't recruit the talent and they are NOT in a recruiting hot bed.
LOL stop talking, you are making yourself look like an idiot

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Wisconsin?