• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who's the backup QB?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard that comment too. Sounded like a little dig at Romo. I figured you cursed Aikman out after that comment...

Well everyone is saying he missed the final 10 games. I may be wrong, but we were out of it. I think he could have come back the final 2.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard that comment too. Sounded like a little dig at Romo. I figured you cursed Aikman out after that comment...

I was just trying to figure out when it was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point. This isn't college. We can't just plug another 5 star guy in their spots like Alabama. I get that they are all Pros. The league is not set up for teams with big time injuries to win. Salary cap puts a strain on that. A lot of our salary cap is sitting on the sidelines due to suspension or injuries right now.

As far as Romo, most know on here what he means to me. I just wonder how much more the guy can take. Watching Wit limp around the other day was sad as well. These guys make a hell of a lot of money- I get that, but for once I thought Romo was really healthy. The acquisition of Hardy, likely for just one yr, made me really think we were prime for the run. All hope is not lost. As a big picture guy like many are saying, it's hard not to think about where we will be going come January if we make the playoffs.
Romo will never be truly healthy again. It just doesn't happen when you are that age and have the physical problems he does and play QB at the NFL level. He is an injury risk whether we want to admit to or not and will be for the rest of his career. My main point with this is he will be back and that is a silver lining.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little story for you Cowboy faithful. In 2010, when Romo went down , I came to work the next day. My door leading to my office had the yellow caution tape up. I was like WTF. I walked in and there was an outline of a body taped on my floor with an arm up in the air. Needless to say , I was ready to brawl. Yesterday, I expected something similar. My coworkers were pretty sympathetic.
LOL...so it's not just us!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone is saying he missed the final 10 games. I may be wrong, but we were out of it. I think he could have come back the final 2.
Sounds like how I remember it too

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will be back as long as this team is in contention, anyone who thinks different lay you money on it. The only reason he didn't come back in 2010 is because there was no need in it. He will be back.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will be back as long as this team is in contention, anyone who thinks different lay you money on it. The only reason he didn't come back in 2010 is because there was no need in it. He will be back.

Who is doubting that?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is doubting that?

Disregard my comment, that's what I get for not reading all the post. Note to self, read all the comments before responding dumbass lol.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998 is when Aikman did it. I just don't remember It

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998 is when Aikman did it. I just don't remember It

Had to believe Aikman will be 49 years old in November. Seems like yesterday he was slinging TD's in the Super Bowl, my how time fly's.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo may not win the job back when he gets healthy. Not sure who this guy is Jerry is referring to, but seems like a future HOF'er to me:

Jerry Jones: You won’t see a more gifted passer than Brandon Weeden
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 22, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
wzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu4ymuyzjk4otuymdkzzdzjmdfkywy4ndm2zddmogu3-e1442937881615.jpeAP
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks Cowboys General Manager Jerry Jones made a brilliant move when he signed Brandon Weeden as the backup quarterback.

Jones said on 105.3 The Fan that Weeden has all the tools to fill in capably for the injured Tony Romo.

“This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won’t see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it. If he can basically prepare, be the starting quarterback, come in and execute and keep his head right, then I feel good about Weeden.”

Unless Jerry Jones is talking about a different Brandon Weeden than the one who washed out after two seasons and a 71.8 passer rating in Cleveland, those comments are just a wee bit ridiculous. But Jones insists that Weeden will prove he is a different quarterback than he was then.

“Certainly we think Weeden has really progressed. As [Cowboys quarterbacks coach] Wade Wilson said, he’s just not the same guy that we had last year. He’s progressed that much. He said that before we had this issue with Tony. I think we all feel good about what we got,” Jones said.

With Romo out for half the season, Cowboys fans had better hope Jones is right. Weeden may not be the most gifted passer you’ll ever see, but he’s the most gifted passer who’s healthy enough to play for the Cowboys for the next eight weeks.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to believe Aikman will be 49 years old in November. Seems like yesterday he was slinging TD's in the Super Bowl, my how time fly's.

Aikman was and is a very smart guy. He got out when he needed to. He still looks like he can sling it. Love number 8

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo may not win the job back when he gets healthy. Not sure who this guy is Jerry is referring to, but seems like a future HOF'er to me:

Jerry Jones: You won’t see a more gifted passer than Brandon Weeden
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 22, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
View attachment 32373AP
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks Cowboys General Manager Jerry Jones made a brilliant move when he signed Brandon Weeden as the backup quarterback.

Jones said on 105.3 The Fan that Weeden has all the tools to fill in capably for the injured Tony Romo.

“This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won’t see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it. If he can basically prepare, be the starting quarterback, come in and execute and keep his head right, then I feel good about Weeden.”

Unless Jerry Jones is talking about a different Brandon Weeden than the one who washed out after two seasons and a 71.8 passer rating in Cleveland, those comments are just a wee bit ridiculous. But Jones insists that Weeden will prove he is a different quarterback than he was then.

“Certainly we think Weeden has really progressed. As [Cowboys quarterbacks coach] Wade Wilson said, he’s just not the same guy that we had last year. He’s progressed that much. He said that before we had this issue with Tony. I think we all feel good about what we got,” Jones said.

With Romo out for half the season, Cowboys fans had better hope Jones is right. Weeden may not be the most gifted passer you’ll ever see, but he’s the most gifted passer who’s healthy enough to play for the Cowboys for the next eight weeks.

Come on man, he was a Yankee ..that has to count for something. (who cares if they spelled his name wrong)

original.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather have this guy:

460x.jpg

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ole Jerry hahaha, that's why he looked like his wife just left him and took his billions when Romo went down hahaha.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten may be out for this weekend. Lucky has got to turn around

Maybe, but I'd say we see him. "Typical Football stuff". I'd say that sums up Jason Witten...

Report: “Not a lock” that Jason Witten plays this week
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 22, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
zdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti4ytuwodflmtmzm2m3mwi0nzdmm2rmzjq1mzaym2jj1-e1442941893183.jpeAP
It’s a good thing Brandon Weeden is such a good thrower of the football.

Because he’s running out of people to throw to.

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, veteran tight endJason Witten is “not a lock” to play this weekend against the Falcons.

Witten is getting treatment for two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, which makes his availability a real concern this week.

Witten downplayed the injuries Sunday, calling them “typical football stuff.” And frankly, the guy played the opener after a ruptured spleen in the 2012 preseason, so his tough-guy credentials are well-established. He’s started 133 straight games.

But if he doesn’t play, it’s one more hurdle for the Cowboys to clear, after league-leading rusher DeMarco Murray left in free agency and star wide receiver Dez Bryant broke his foot in the opener.

So Weeden better be good.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I'd say we see him. "Typical Football stuff". I'd say that sums up Jason Witten...

Report: “Not a lock” that Jason Witten plays this week
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 22, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
View attachment 32443AP
It’s a good thing Brandon Weeden is such a good thrower of the football.

Because he’s running out of people to throw to.

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, veteran tight endJason Witten is “not a lock” to play this weekend against the Falcons.

Witten is getting treatment for two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, which makes his availability a real concern this week.

Witten downplayed the injuries Sunday, calling them “typical football stuff.” And frankly, the guy played the opener after a ruptured spleen in the 2012 preseason, so his tough-guy credentials are well-established. He’s started 133 straight games.

But if he doesn’t play, it’s one more hurdle for the Cowboys to clear, after league-leading rusher DeMarco Murray left in free agency and star wide receiver Dez Bryant broke his foot in the opener.

So Weeden better be good.

I'll be surprised if Witten doesn't play.