• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who's the backup QB?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let a crisis go to waste.

I don't care if it's conventional thinking or was is normally done in the NFL.
But you have to take on the added risk of losing this season for the sake of the next 10.

Every QB under center while Romo is out must be a potential prospect to lead the Dallas Cowboys into the next decade. If some band aid keeps our playoff hopes alive by the time Romo gets back and were are no closer to finding our next QB ...In my eye's that will be a shallow victory.

If you need proof of how important this is, look no further than your own reactions when Romo went down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's old Bruce gradkowski these days ? Ha. I wouldn't mind any of the 3. I'm pulling hard for Weeden. I think he has something to offer. I hate it that he is not going to have Dez though to help him out. The only thing I worry about Weeden is him forcing passes. Punts aren't bad. Beasley has to better on PRs too. I don't necessarily mean return yards. He has to catch the damn ball in the air. Philly flipped the field 3 times yesterday when I thought we were gonna get it around the 40.
I'm confused why Lucky isn't back there. I didn't read there was a concern on him securing the ball, but that must be the issue. He obviously offers more once he catches it. If he wasn't active, sure, but he is active anyway.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let a crisis go to waste.

I don't care if it's conventional thinking or was is normally done in the NFL.
But you have to take on the added risk of losing this season for the sake of the next 10.

Every QB under center while Romo is out must be a potential prospect to lead the Dallas Cowboys into the next decade. If some band aid keeps our playoff hopes alive by the time Romo gets back and were are no closer to finding our next QB ...In my eye's that will be a shallow victory.

If you need proof of how important this is, look no further than your own reactions when Romo went down.
Totally disagree. The task at hand is each game and keeping our playoff hopes alive. the future is just that and is an ongoing process. no way will this team throw someone out there just to see what they have for the next 10 years. That is for the off season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hair was on fire, that's for sure, but I think most of the crew have calmed down for now.
but then again....there is always this coming Sunday.
I certainly may have missed a few posts, but reading the board I saw a lot less gloom and doom than I would have expected. Knee jerk reactions are sometimes just that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big reasons I thought we would beat Philly had to with chemistry. It's hard to believe that a team with all those new players , especially at Qb, RB, and WR 1 can just come out and be a great team. Now they may grow into it in a few weeks. They sure looked good the second half vs the Falcons. They are asking for trouble though with too many 3 and outs. I thought their defense played pretty well. / now we face the same challenge- as far as Qb, rb, Wr. The difference being our guys have been here a little while.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly may have missed a few posts, but reading the board I saw a lot less gloom and doom than I would have expected. Knee jerk reactions are sometimes just that.
I don't know what to tell you my man....opinions vary?

I'm sure it's me and you remain 100% correct. Ask anyone that knows me...I hate knee jerk reactions and people who live and die by the moment. I find those people more often than not play both sides of the street.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to tell you my man....opinions vary?

I'm sure it's me and you remain 100% correct. Ask anyone that knows me...I hate knee jerk reactions and people who live and die by the moment. I find those people more often than not play both sides of the street.
I tend to be a "big picture" guy that doesn't live and die by the second and act as if we are going 16-0 after a win or 0-16 after a loss as well, but I didn't see too many people saying the season was over. Again, I may have missed the posts because I wasn't on the board until later on that night. I saw a few posts that the sky was falling, but nowhere near what I would have expected.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to be a "big picture" guy that doesn't live and die by the second and act as if we are going 16-0 after a win or 0-16 after a loss as well, but I didn't see too many people saying the season was over. Again, I may have missed the posts because I wasn't on the board until later on that night. I saw a few posts that the sky was falling, but nowhere near what I would have expected.

it was precisely the season was over, but I'll say again for you....
opinions vary.

I really don't know what else to say...this hair ain't worth splitting

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bummed about losing Romo, still am. Never mentioned season being over. Not too many teams can overcome losses of qb, top Wr, top Cb, arguably best two pass rushers( for two more weeks). Good thing is 2-0 and our coaching staff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bummed about losing Romo, still am. Never mentioned season being over. Not too many teams can overcome losses of qb, top Wr, top Cb, arguably best two pass rushers( for two more weeks). Good thing is 2-0 and our coaching staff

Of course we SHOULD be bummed. If it wasn't a big loss and doesn't affect our chances to win we are idiots for giving him over $20M per year, right? That's common sense. My first key is always is the guy coming back. Anything can happen, but winning 3 or 4 playoff games in a row with Weeden would obviously be very difficult. Beating Atl and NO the next two weeks IMO is something we can still do with the team that has been put together. I'm not just hoping for playing 3-5 or 4-4 without Romo. I'm hoping we are up couple of games in the division when he comes back and think we can do it, but we'll find out soon. I think the idea that Weeden is who he was in the AZ game has permeated throughout this fan base (people were calling for Vaughn to beat him out based on what???) ever since and that was a tough draw IMO. Every QB has games like that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget how things used to be on this board when i first joined. I was always optimistic with Romo at the helm.

But I was quick to learn that if you wanted to paint a bulls-eye on your back on this board, all you had to do was show a little optimism.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we SHOULD be bummed. If it wasn't a big loss and doesn't affect our chances to win we are idiots for giving him over $20M per year, right? That's common sense. My first key is always is the guy coming back. Anything can happen, but winning 3 or 4 playoff games in a row with Weeden would obviously be very difficult. Beating Atl and NO the next two weeks IMO is something we can still do with the team that has been put together. I'm not just hoping for playing 3-5 or 4-4 without Romo. I'm hoping we are up couple of games in the division when he comes back and think we can do it, but we'll find out soon. I think the idea that Weeden is who he was in the AZ game has permeated throughout this fan base (people were calling for Vaughn to beat him out based on what???) ever since and that was a tough draw IMO. Every QB has games like that.

Aikman gave out some interesting info that Romo continued his Wednesday off routine as a precaution. (since preseason I assume)

And that Weeden was the beneficiary of lots of extra reps.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman , oddly enough, was quick to point out that he was out for 5 weeks with this injury. Aikman had so many bumps and bruises- I can't remember when this happened to him. Rookie year? 1991?? is all I could think of

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kind of my point. This isn't college. We can't just plug another 5 star guy in their spots like Alabama. I get that they are all Pros. The league is not set up for teams with big time injuries to win. Salary cap puts a strain on that. A lot of our salary cap is sitting on the sidelines due to suspension or injuries right now.

As far as Romo, most know on here what he means to me. I just wonder how much more the guy can take. Watching Wit limp around the other day was sad as well. These guys make a hell of a lot of money- I get that, but for once I thought Romo was really healthy. The acquisition of Hardy, likely for just one yr, made me really think we were prime for the run. All hope is not lost. As a big picture guy like many are saying, it's hard not to think about where we will be going come January if we make the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman , oddly enough, was quick to point out that he was out for 5 weeks with this injury. Aikman had so many bumps and bruises- I can't remember when this happened to him. Rookie year? 1991?? is all I could think of
i heard that comment too. Sounded like a little dig at Romo. I figured you cursed Aikman out after that comment...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget how things used to be on this board when i first joined. I was always optimistic with Romo at the helm.

But I was quick to learn that if you wanted to paint a bulls-eye on your back on this board, all you had to do was show a little optimism.
Sure, that's it. Optimism gets arrows shot your way not blind homerism...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little story for you Cowboy faithful. In 2010, when Romo went down , I came to work the next day. My door leading to my office had the yellow caution tape up. I was like WTF. I walked in and there was an outline of a body taped on my floor with an arm up in the air. Needless to say , I was ready to brawl. Yesterday, I expected something similar. My coworkers were pretty sympathetic.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten may be out for this weekend. Lucky has got to turn around