• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So which hole do we try to fill with our top 5 pick at the end of the year?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only offensive need, for now, coming from the draft should be OT. The rest should be all defense except the possibility of a QB to develop.

Stafford's temporary replacement, should he be dealt, may very well be a FA.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, drafting a CB will always be a high risk gamble. It just becomes less of a risk the lower the round but still a risk nonetheless.

No way in hell you take a CB in the top 5. Never take a CB or an elite lineman or QB. Name one CB picked in the top 5 who is awesome. Patrick Peterson gets roasted on the regular.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Lawson or Bosa would be great but you don't win in the NFL without a QB. Can't take another year of trying to win with an inaccurate, turnover machine.

A 1st year, 1st round QB, is more risk than drafting a CB, imo. Rookie QB's take time to develop and win. sidenote, Luck, RW and Kaepernick aren't always going to happen. I shouldn't even need to go through all the negatives with any of the three.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell you take a CB in the top 5. Never take a CB or an elite lineman or QB. Name one CB picked in the top 5 who is awesome.

you're assuming the Lions will draft top 5.
Peterson was solid as can be his 1st two years as a #7 pick. He's also given up the most 20+ yard pass plays for a CB for seasons 2013 and 2014, individually or combined. Yet, he still got that huge extension from the Cardinals.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1st year, 1st round QB, is more risk than drafting a CB, imo. Rookie QB's take time to develop and win. sidenote, Luck, RW and Kaepernick aren't always going to happen. I shouldn't even need to go through all the negatives with any of the three.

Yeah, but when you realize that you don't have a franchise QB. You have to take a chance on one.

Teams that turn the ball over most than the other team lose 85% of the time. Stafford is a huge liability at this point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but when you realize that you don't have a franchise QB. You have to take a chance on one.

I can somewhat agree with you here but remember what happened to Jax (Gabbert), Min (Ponder), TB (Freeman), Buf (Manuel), Ten (Vince Young, who many tabbed as elite) who all took a chance on drafting 1st round QB's.

not attempting be all asshole here, but I'm not buying into Goff or even Cook as being elite and surely not Paxton.

Word is that some team named Detroit Lions took a chance on a so-called elite QB in 2009. They're still delusional in year 7 thinking they have one that can become elite.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can somewhat agree with you here but remember what happened to Jax (Gabbert), Min (Ponder), TB (Freeman), Buf (Manuel), Ten (Vince Young, who many tabbed as elite) who all took a chance on drafting 1st round QB's.

I'm sure you and I could name off countless top 10 pick draft busts from all positions.

The one thing I'm sure we can agree on is the QB position is the most important. An Andrew Luck comes out once every 10-15 years. I don't need a rocket armed passer for the Lions. Just one who isn't so damn inaccurate. Stafford was inaccurate in college and nothing has changed. Dude is a turnover machine.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which could set you back at least 3 or more years. patience can become complicated.

I usually agree with your thinking on not drafting a CB in the top 5 or even top 10 (my usual thought process) but for me personally solely, I'd draft Ramsey over Goff, Cook or any other QB. That's just my take though and most likely not one other person on this board.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need a rocket armed passer for the Lions. Just one who isn't so damn inaccurate. Stafford was inaccurate in college and nothing has changed. Dude is a turnover machine.

100% agree here. I couldn't begin to name all the posts I made on this board about that in the bold.

He was a gunslinger in H.S., in College and still is in the NFL. he will never change. He is Brett Favre without the rings and his mobility to escape the pocket. Many other negatives to mention but not worthy anymore

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you want to go with a guy who looks like the most can't miss prospect in college football. You have to go Corey Coleman of Baylor. They had the Baylor game as the local game here in Las Vegas and the guy looked unbelievable.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you want to go with a guy who looks like the most can't miss prospect in college football. You have to go Corey Coleman of Baylor

he has been impressive. Stafford would make him look like Mike though... Williams or Thomas

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm is right. Paxton looked good today against that defense.

Too many throws off the back of his foot and not enough velocity on some short passes wouldn't bode well in the NFL. It's very similar to Goff.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Ragland just had a nice sack.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Ragland just had a nice sack.

He's not as good as CJ Mosley was but pretty damn close. Bama being Bama with all those penalties and now the partially blocked punt.