• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. Where do we go from here......................

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like the idea of trading DK at all, unless we get 2 firsts for him and use one on a WR and the other to trade up for QB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a disappointing stat... JSN leads the league in dropped passes per catchable balls... 12.7% of catchable balls have been dropped... Coming out of college, his hands were like glue... What the helk happened?

1702309587156.png

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a disappointing stat... JSN leads the league in dropped passes per catchable balls... 12.7% of catchable balls have been dropped... Coming out of college, his hands were like glue... What the helk happened?

View attachment 348282
he essentially didnt play an entire year of college ball, he is soft, he is afraid of contact. this years WR class is FAR deeper, which is annoying.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to trade DK Metcalf if we can so we can use that pic to bundle with our first to move up for a quarterback our guy is there for us to take. If not, we’d still have a high draft pick and DK will be moving on. That guy is a headache and I’m getting tired of him.

Maybe the Chiefs or Jets would trade for him

He's getting fed up because our stupid ass coaching system isn't feeding him the ball when it's OBVIOUS to even a 6 year old kid playing Madden you should.

He gets 2 receptions in the FIRST drive. The 49ers BEST corner goes out (ON THAT 1st DRIVE)... and a backup has to come in to guard DK. And what does Seattle do? Target him TWICE more (once in double coverage resulting in a pick) in the game... the first not coming until like the late 3rd quarter. What the actual FUCK?

The coaching on this team stinks. Trading DK accomplishes nothing. Getting rid of the coaches may actually keep DK around because someone will be able to understand we have talent, and how to fuckin' use it.

Pete has never had a 4 loss streak in his career with Seattle. Well he does now and he'll be breaking even further ground next Monday I'm willing to bet. This is a defense with the highest paid safeties in the league, EARLY draft picks on EDGE and a top 5 cornerback (who has lived up to it I have to say), a pro bowl rookie DB that has regressed, a HOF ILB (yes has lost a step but still productive), another 1st round pick at ILB. A DL with a high paid free agent, a former DT (Reed who is having a great year), and a 2nd round given up for a 1/2 season rental on a very good DT.

The absolute FUCK!? Meanwhile Seattle is giving up the most points and yards allowed combined in Carroll's career. Now I know we had the legion of boom, etc... but there is talent on this defense... and Carroll for whatever reason can no longer figure out how to make it better than the first year he was here? KIDDING ME!? He keeps marching out that stupid soft zone D that especially the 9ers blow apart every time, fails to adjust at all, and allows RBs to routinely gash the D.. The whole point of his soft zone is to 'bend' not break. Well like it does a fuck ton of good anyway, but now even the 9ers are like, "Fuck that, we'll break your system." And did it 4 times yesterday with HUGE 40+ yard plays.

Carroll is washed up. He needs to go. If Jody doesn't pull the trigger, Schneider will probably leave and she's going to lose the value of selling the team... Or JUST FUCKIN' SELL IT JODY, and get a winner in here... tired of you hanging onto it for whatever reason. If Carroll isn't gone at the end of the season I have zero faith in ownership which means we're in for a dumpster fire team for the foreseeable future.

That Rams game was really telling in week 1. Basically everyone considered it a lock for Seattle... and we got blown out at home. I know we all said "Oh it's 1 game. It's okay." I didn't say that. I immediately put us to DEFCON 3.... And here we are. That game showed EXACTLY that Carroll and this coaching staff is done. They're just paycheck collectors at this point. Everyone on this forum (mostly) keeps saying, "We need to draft a QB!" WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GONNA FIX!? You're already fielding one of the worst defenses with almost the highest defensive paid payroll in the fuckin' league!

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting fed up because our stupid ass coaching system isn't feeding him the ball when it's OBVIOUS to even a 6 year old kid playing Madden you should.

He gets 2 receptions in the FIRST drive. The 49ers BEST corner goes out (ON THAT 1st DRIVE)... and a backup has to come in to guard DK. And what does Seattle do? Target him TWICE more (once in double coverage resulting in a pick) in the game... the first not coming until like the late 3rd quarter. What the actual FUCK?

The coaching on this team stinks. Trading DK accomplishes nothing. Getting rid of the coaches may actually keep DK around because someone will be able to understand we have talent, and how to fuckin' use it.

Pete has never had a 4 loss streak in his career with Seattle. Well he does now and he'll be breaking even further ground next Monday I'm willing to bet. This is a defense with the highest paid safeties in the league, EARLY draft picks on EDGE and a top 5 cornerback (who has lived up to it I have to say), a pro bowl rookie DB that has regressed, a HOF ILB (yes has lost a step but still productive), another 1st round pick at ILB. A DL with a high paid free agent, a former DT (Reed who is having a great year), and a 2nd round given up for a 1/2 season rental on a very good DT.

The absolute FUCK!? Meanwhile Seattle is giving up the most points and yards allowed combined in Carroll's career. Now I know we had the legion of boom, etc... but there is talent on this defense... and Carroll for whatever reason can no longer figure out how to make it better than the first year he was here? KIDDING ME!? He keeps marching out that stupid soft zone D that especially the 9ers blow apart every time, fails to adjust at all, and allows RBs to routinely gash the D.. The whole point of his soft zone is to 'bend' not break. Well like it does a fuck ton of good anyway, but now even the 9ers are like, "Fuck that, we'll break your system." And did it 4 times yesterday with HUGE 40+ yard plays.

Carroll is washed up. He needs to go. If Jody doesn't pull the trigger, Schneider will probably leave and she's going to lose the value of selling the team... Or JUST FUCKIN' SELL IT JODY, and get a winner in here... tired of you hanging onto it for whatever reason. If Carroll isn't gone at the end of the season I have zero faith in ownership which means we're in for a dumpster fire team for the foreseeable future.

That Rams game was really telling in week 1. Basically everyone considered it a lock for Seattle... and we got blown out at home. I know we all said "Oh it's 1 game. It's okay." I didn't say that. I immediately put us to DEFCON 3.... And here we are. That game showed EXACTLY that Carroll and this coaching staff is done. They're just paycheck collectors at this point. Everyone on this forum (mostly) keeps saying, "We need to draft a QB!" WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GONNA FIX!? You're already fielding one of the worst defenses with almost the highest defensive paid payroll in the fuckin' league!
He's also not open as much as he thinks he is... Some of it is on him...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im on the same page. Its way passed the time to make a coaching change, and if i doesnt happen an ownership change is due.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gives me a glimmer of hope he might retire after the season

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 348282
It doesn't really mean anything, tbh. Drops happen to lots of young guys and a good amount of them were also due to those early throws in the flat where defenders were arriving fast. Play-calling and Geno not getting the ball there quite early enough are a factor. We never really saw Waldron giving JSN good looks down the field much the first half of the season. We are not talking Kadarius Toney type of drops here. Regardless if these guys call them "catchable".

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really mean anything, tbh. Drops happen to lots of young guys and a good amount of them were also due to those early throws in the flat where defenders were arriving fast. Play-calling and Geno not getting the ball there quite early enough are a factor. We never really saw Waldron giving JSN good looks down the field much the first half of the season. We are not talking Kadarius Toney type of drops here. Regardless if these guys call them "catchable".

I agree with this. He had a couple of bad drops, the one in the Ravens game comes to mind. But he also had a lot of tough balls to haul down that even a vet would have a tough time with. What I like seeing is his YAC potential and his ability to consistently get open.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time they cut Jamal Adams and start with that. I'm not holding out much hope that Pete retires so let's start with getting rid of some deadwood. If we get in the play-offs it will be somewhat interesting to see how it goes. We almost assuredly avoid the Niners in the WC, thank god and could be looking at facing the Eagles or Lions who are both beatable. If it's at Dallas we are fucked. So Pete likely stays on in that scenario for sure.
One other thing of note and it pains me to say this because I love the man and the player but I hope Bobby Wagner retires and we retire his jersey and await his HOF induction. It's really hard to watch him now. It would be wonderful if he could have gone out like Ray Lewis with another ring but that isn't happening. Bobby has been fantastic but it's time to face reality.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. He had a couple of bad drops, the one in the Ravens game comes to mind. But he also had a lot of tough balls to haul down that even a vet would have a tough time with. What I like seeing is his YAC potential and his ability to consistently get open.
He's a fantastic route runner. And only going to get better with the nuances of the position.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time they cut Jamal Adams and start with that. I'm not holding out much hope that Pete retires so let's start with getting rid of some deadwood. If we get in the play-offs it will be somewhat interesting to see how it goes. We almost assuredly avoid the Niners in the WC, thank god and could be looking at facing the Eagles or Lions who are both beatable. If it's at Dallas we are fucked. So Pete likely stays on in that scenario for sure.
One other thing of note and it pains me to say this because I love the man and the player but I hope Bobby Wagner retires and we retire his jersey and await his HOF induction. It's really hard to watch him now. It would be wonderful if he could have gone out like Ray Lewis with another ring but that isn't happening. Bobby has been fantastic but it's time to face reality.

I would be shocked if Bobby plays another year. He still can do some things but he's clearly lost his wheels. I hope he stays on as a coach or announcer or pundit or some such.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fantastic route runner. And only going to get better with the nuances of the position.

Agreed. That's one reason I want Lockett to stay on one more year and ease JSN into the No. 2 possession role that Tyler has excelled at for years.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bobby has another year in him. He still has "it" and can, at the very least, be a solid rotational guy. Pretty sure he is in the top three in the league for tackles right now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bobby has another year in him. He still has "it" and can, at the very least, be a solid rotational guy. Pretty sure he is in the top three in the league for tackles right now.
I see what you're saying but I can say for certain he does not have, "it" in pass coverage anymore... ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what you're saying but I can say for certain he does not have, "it" in pass coverage anymore... ;)
Yes Wagner can still tackle but as @Anointed One said he has become a liability on passing downs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Bobby but he's pretty much cooked. He's got intangibles, of course, but he's a liability on defense in too many situations.