• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. Where do we go from here......................

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we’re kinda stuck with Pete until he decides to hang um up … And I’m not crazy about the idea of Bezos owning the Seahawks either … He’d probably start making the draft picks himself …
Otherwise an out of towner and we know the risks with that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense that has been mostly trending up!? Jesus Christ JMR.. we're at the threshold of hell. We have one of the worst defenses in the league (again) while paying out the ass for that performance.

Carroll needs to go. @HaroldSeattle and I (and a couple others) wanted Stroud.. we whiffed on that one big time... There is a TON of talent on this team that can easily be a playoff contender... sadly there is not really any talent at the COACHING position. Pete needs to go asap. I'm fine keeping Waldron around.

How did we whiff on him when we didn't have the opportunity to pick him? You can't just force a team to trade with you so you can get your guy. And these past 2 drafts illustrate pretty well the gamble of drafting QBs early. Stroud looks good. #1 overall Bryce Young has been pretty bad. The 3rd QB off the board in round 1 this year has missed most of the year with injury. The best QB from last year's draft is Mr Irrelevant. Just imagine how heads would be exploding on this board if we had drafted Richardson only to see him miss most of the year. It was happening in here when Spoon & JSN missed pre-season games!

Our defense is:
  • 25th in the league in PPG
  • 25th in the league in yards per game allowed
  • 26th in penalties
  • 29th in 3rd conversion for opponents
  • 8th in sacks... Definitely skewed by the 11 sack game vs the Giants... About the only good stat we have on the defensive side of the ball
  • 21st in INT's
  • 29th in the NFL in missed tackles
I guess I'm not really seeing how we are trending up...

The numbers are probably very much impacted by having just played SF and Dallas, #4 and #1 in the league in points per game scored. The D kept the team in quite a few games when the offense was doing nothing but hanging them out to dry. Hawks D is allowing an avg of 24.2 ppg, which is a hair below middle of the pack. There isn't much separation for most of the league. Our D only gives up 1.8 per game more than Philly. The performance vs Baltimore was really bad, I'll give you that. That's another game where the O was a total disaster. My biggest problem with the D is the indiscipline.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers are probably very much impacted by having just played SF and Dallas, #4 and #1 in the league in points per game scored. The D kept the team in quite a few games when the offense was doing nothing but hanging them out to dry. Hawks D is allowing an avg of 24.2 ppg, which is a hair below middle of the pack. There isn't much separation for most of the league. Our D only gives up 1.8 per game more than Philly. The performance vs Baltimore was really bad, I'll give you that. That's another game where the O was a total disaster. My biggest problem with the D is the indiscipline.

I understand what you’re trying to say, but in my opinion, if you’re going to take away the two games against SF and Baltimore, then you probably need to take away the games against the two worst teams we’ve played. New York Giants and Arizona come to mind. When you do that, they still don’t have a very good defense.

If we make it to the playoffs, we’re going to play good offenses, so our defense needs to step up and be better than what they have against good teams.

Granted, they are a little bit better than last year. But not enough improvement to make up for the talent we have on the roster in my opinion.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you’re trying to say, but in my opinion, if you’re going to take away the two games against SF and Baltimore, then you probably need to take away the games against the two worst teams we’ve played. New York Giants and Arizona come to mind. When you do that, they still don’t have a very good defense.

If we make it to the playoffs, we’re going to play good offenses, so our defense needs to step up and be better than what they have against good teams.

Granted, they are a little bit better than last year. But not enough improvement to make up for the talent we have on the roster in my opinion.
I agree with the talent statement. This team has a lot of talent YOUNG TALENT on both sides of the ball. When the offense can't get first downs you really screw over you're defense.
Thats what has happened to the Hawks for sure. They spend to much time on the field.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I suppose in a pure sense that is true, but there are a lot more offenses in the league closer to the level of NYG and AZ than they are to SF & Dallas. I also don't believe I proposed to "take away" games against the best offenses, but I just think we need to understand how those matchups might make things look a little worse than they really are. Throughout the course of a season, we'll face more offenses that are near middle of the pack than we will at the elite level like SF/Dallas.
Yeah, I suppose it depends on the draw. An offense from the NFCN or NFCS is a totally different animal than facing Dallas or SF. Nowhere close. I think the Hawks matchup pretty well with any team from the north or south.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the "looking to the future" topic, is TL still here next year on a $26.7M cap hit in his age 32 season? Cutting him pre-June 1 would free $7M. DK's cap number is almost as big, but he's only 27 next year and cutting him doesn't save hardly anything. I think Lockett needs to re-structure in order to stay. Just no way you can have what is now 20% of your cap on 2 WRs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Pete to retire even if the Hawks lose out. So on that note, fire both OC and DC plus draft a QB. There's a good amount of young talent on this team, just need better play callers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of old overpaid guys that need to go too

Adams and diggs.
Tyler lockett unless he restructures.
Bobby wagner, hate to say it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of old overpaid guys that need to go too

Adams and diggs.
Tyler lockett unless he restructures.
Bobby wagner, hate to say it.

We aren't paying Tyler 26 million next year certainly. I would be surprised if we get rid of both Diggs and Adams simply because that would create a huge hole in the defensive backfield. But both of them being gone within 2 years seems likely.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't paying Tyler 26 million next year certainly. I would be surprised if we get rid of both Diggs and Adams simply because that would create a huge hole in the defensive backfield. But both of them being gone within 2 years seems likely.
Diggs hasn't been playing that great and really dropped off after that injury. Meanwhile Adams is out AGAIN (this weekend, not that it matters) and that's the point... it really doesn't matter if both of them are gone. We keep running this soft stupid zone, what's the point?

None of those guys at this point in their career are worth over $20M (Diggs $21M next year, Adams $26M, and Tyler $26M). I think we've already restructured all 3 of them, so there's no point in restructuring again. Time to let em' walk. Or if we do a post 6/1 cut they can re-sign much lower. Love has been playing on par with Adams and Diggs is one of the worst FS in the league at the moment.

We spent a ton of money on the defense for either players that never really should've gotten that much, or has piled up due to restructuring... or Carroll needs to walk and get someone in there that can utilize the talent on defense correctly. It's amazing we have the 2nd highest paid defense in the league, and Carroll can't do fuck all with it. We started out good, but were against a bunch of garbage teams or ones with backup QBs (or ones playing injured). When we started going up against some decent competition, forget it lol. Can't cover runningbacks or tight ends or anything over the middle (been that way for YEARS) while Carroll employs his bullshit soft bend don't break zone, which breaks very easily these days.... it just takes 6-7 minutes to do it while keeping our offense off the field. And he can't dial up a blitz or stop a screen to save his life.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those guys at this point in their career are worth over $20M (Diggs $21M next year, Adams $26M, and Tyler $26M). I think we've already restructured all 3 of them, so there's no point in restructuring again. Time to let em' walk. Or if we do a post 6/1 cut they can re-sign much lower. Love has been playing on par with Adams and Diggs is one of the worst FS in the league at the moment.

Yeah, holy shitballs of America there is now way we can justify paying those guys that much against the cap next year. I think Adams is a really talented player that just hasn't worked out to the degree we expected here, but given the $ and his recent assholishness on that NY reporter's wife, I'm ok with sending him out of own. It's an overly simple way to look at it, but I can't think of one really good play Diggs has made all year. It seemed like we were trying Kobe Bryant at safety this pre-season, so maybe he factors in at that position for the future? Might need a total reboot at safety.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, holy shitballs of America there is now way we can justify paying those guys that much against the cap next year. I think Adams is a really talented player that just hasn't worked out to the degree we expected here, but given the $ and his recent assholishness on that NY reporter's wife, I'm ok with sending him out of own. It's an overly simple way to look at it, but I can't think of one really good play Diggs has made all year. It seemed like we were trying Kobe Bryant at safety this pre-season, so maybe he factors in at that position for the future? Might need a total reboot at safety.
You're right with Diggs... The only plays I remember him making, were the missed tackles downfield... That was the main knock on him when we traded for him and not we're seeing it too often right now... We still have Love who can fill one of those holes if we let both of them go...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Our chances to make the playoffs are slim.

Attachments

• IMG_3305.jpeg
    IMG_3305.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need to move on from Pete. I understand it may be a short term dumpster fire (yes, I remember the Mora HC experience) but it's time to leave. I can't take another soft zone defense season...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure we will all feel good when they go 9-8 and just miss the playoffs, moral victories.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be easy, but it's still quite possible. May end up needing the Rams to stub their toe a bit (Ravens should help us out today), and Hawks may need to win 4 of the last 5. I definitely think the Eagles are beatable. They have several very tight wins against so-so teams (and lost to the Jets), and they looked just as bad vs SF last week as we did on T-giving. Philly vs Dallas tonight may be another good indicator, and hopefully it's a super physical game. I would rest Geno today and maximize our chance for a win next week.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose out every game, fire Carroll... use the top 10 pick on something actually beneficial instead of a fuckin' top 5 nickel corner... and call it a day. Let's move forward. This roster is LOADED with talent. The 2nd highest payroll on the team, and we're THIS? Basically been blown out in 4 games in a row (about to be 5)? Give me a fuckin' break.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose out every game, fire Carroll... use the top 10 pick on something actually beneficial instead of a fuckin' top 5 nickel corner... and call it a day. Let's move forward. This roster is LOADED with talent. The 2nd highest payroll on the team, and we're THIS? Basically been blown out in 4 games in a row (about to be 5)? Give me a fuckin' break.
i support this message

have to hope the patriots win a few more games and a team willing to trade down, WA or TEN, gets the #2 spot.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to trade DK Metcalf if we can so we can use that pic to bundle with our first to move up for a quarterback our guy is there for us to take. If not, we’d still have a high draft pick and DK will be moving on. That guy is a headache and I’m getting tired of him.

Maybe the Chiefs or Jets would trade for him