• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So THAT's how we're cheating

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s ole Warde’s wife look like?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks worse for Michigan. Not sure what the NCAA can do here?
I'm not NCAA attorney, but I'm almost 100% sure that driving around in a vehicle that belongs to the AD of the school you attend is not something the NCAA is OK with.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not NCAA attorney, but I'm almost 100% sure that driving around in a vehicle that belongs to the AD of the school you attend is not something the NCAA is OK with.

It was the AD's son who was using it. It was registered to the mom. Taking your buddy's car isn't a big deal. The circumstances look worse for Michigan than anything that could be NCAA related.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the AD's son who was using it. It was registered to the mom. Taking your buddy's car isn't a big deal. The circumstances look worse for Michigan than anything that could be NCAA related.
It was Simpson who was using it. The AD's son wasn't even there when the accident happened. He's also a student manager for the basketball team, so it would seem to me that it's a violation. Again, I'm fairly certain college athletes can't be allowed to drive cars owned by people involved with the program. I don't really care about the situation as a fan, not a big deal. I'm mostly talking about how if this happened at OSU, the michigan fans would be losing their minds.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Simpson who was using it. The AD's son wasn't even there when the accident happened. He's also a student manager for the basketball team, so it would seem to me that it's a violation. Again, I'm fairly certain college athletes can't be allowed to drive cars owned by people involved with the program. I don't really care about the situation as a fan, not a big deal. I'm mostly talking about how if this happened at OSU, the michigan fans would be losing their minds.

They are also roommates. Taking your roommates car wouldn't constitute a violation no matter who your roommate is IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also roommates. Taking your roommates car wouldn't constitute a violation no matter who your roommate is IMO.
My guess is when your roommate is the son of the AD, that might be a bit more murky than if he was just some guy.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, the people in charge of these programs need to talk to their players and their staff members. This was just carelessness, it seems. Deserves to be punishments, but it doesn't seem like an attempt to gain any kind of an advantage. Then again, arguably the greatest cbb team every for the Gophers lost the right to play in the NCAA tourney over a pair of tickets a player sold for some cash, so I hope they ban them for at least one post season. Throw the book at my favorite program, do the same for everyone else.