• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees closer suspended 30 games

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insinuating that the Red Sox are more hated then the Yankees?

We don't hate the Red Sox. We hate Red Sox FANS. :suds:

No, not really... Just I was thinking there would be more people bashing him if he was on the Sox

What should we expect from Brandon Belt this year? Needed a 1st/3rd and picked him up

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really... Just I was thinking there would be more people bashing him if he was on the Sox

What should we expect from Brandon Belt this year? Needed a 1st/3rd and picked him up

If he's healthy, he has ability. Hit around .275 25HR 80RBI with GG caliber defense. I think if the Giants can get guys on base the way they did last season, he has a real chance of crushing those numbers, but he has to stay healthy. He played 137 games last season but he toughed through quite a few of those games and played through injuries that many would have gone on the shelf for. And seemingly every time he got hurt, it was in the middle of a vintage Belt hot streak, where he's hitting EVERYTHING hard.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy, he has ability. Hit around .275 25HR 80RBI with GG caliber defense. I think if the Giants can get guys on base the way they did last season, he has a real chance of crushing those numbers, but he has to stay healthy. He played 137 games last season but he toughed through quite a few of those games and played through injuries that many would have gone on the shelf for. And seemingly every time he got hurt, it was in the middle of a vintage Belt hot streak, where he's hitting EVERYTHING hard.

well injury risk aside... Sounds like a worthy pick up I was able to get :)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he did was fucked up and there is no place for that. That being said, why couldn't he at least choke out Dustin Pedroia? At least someone who is playing on the Sox team.:noidea:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Belt is a good grab (especially for a corner spot) but he's also a guy who has more value in real life than in fantasy. That park is always going to depress his power numbers from the left side.

I have a feeling that he is going to sign as a free agent to play in Texas or some park like that and half the country is going to say "where the fuck did that come from?" and mumble about steroids when he hits 35 HRs.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt is a good grab (especially for a corner spot) but he's also a guy who has more value in real life than in fantasy. That park is always going to depress his power numbers from the left side.

I have a feeling that he is going to sign as a free agent to play in Texas or some park like that and half the country is going to say "where the fuck did that come from?" and mumble about steroids when he hits 35 HRs.
Last time I said I said something along those lines was when Pedro Feliz signed with the Phillies. Look how that turned out....

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I said I said something along those lines was when Pedro Feliz signed with the Phillies. Look how that turned out....

If I'd heard that I would have tried to talk you out of it :wink:. Guy was 32 years old and coming off of 3 straight seasons of 85 OPS+ or lower. I'm confident that's not going to be Belt (at the very least, he'll be younger when he hits free agency).

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'd heard that I would have tried to talk you out of it :wink:. Guy was 32 years old and coming off of 3 straight seasons of 85 OPS+ or lower. I'm confident that's not going to be Belt (at the very least, he'll be younger when he hits free agency).
I know, I wasn't being literal. Brandon Belt is a far superior player to Feliz. But with an ISO around .200 in his last four or five years in SF, I thought he might be able to show a little more power in CBP. I knew his OBP would always suck.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the yanks will be fine. they got betances and miller