• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand this mentality. You're alive to see one of the GOAT teams and you're bitching. I'm lucky enough to have seen Gretzky, Jordan, Barry Sanders, the 49ers dynasty, the Cowboys dynasty etc...that's what being a sports fan is all about.

I always love hearing stories about the greats I wasn't old enough, or alive to see, from people who were.

You should consider yourself lucky.

It would have been awesome if they kept the 80's version of the Edmonton Oilers around!! I think you can also tip your hat to Nick Saban and the current Alabama run!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the upside, every time NE goes to the SB a piece of Goodell dies inside so that's a good thing!

and I love every second of that!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should of done what the Patriots did on that play, I mean @#$^ me ... It wasn't rocket science ...

Yes they should have but hindsight... But as I said back then (and I still believe it) that it was the right call just poorly executed by the Seahawks and wonderfully played by the Patriots!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been awesome if they kept the 80's version of the Edmonton Oilers around!! I think you can also tip your hat to Nick Saban and the current Alabama run!!

Ya true. Good call. Bama special.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand this mentality. You're alive to see one of the GOAT teams and you're bitching. I'm lucky enough to have seen Gretzky, Jordan, Barry Sanders, the 49ers dynasty, the Cowboys dynasty etc...that's what being a sports fan is all about.

I always love hearing stories about the greats I wasn't old enough, or alive to see, from people who were.

You should consider yourself lucky.

Add Walter Payton,Jerry rice,the Lakers/Celtics matchups of the 80`s for me on top of that.........

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of bandwagon Pats fans on this thread.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from being a Pats fan, but I found this funny.
zOeArue.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars linebacker Myles Jack made a sensational play in the AFC Championship Game when he ran down Patriots running back Dion Lewis, forced a fumble and recovered it. But did the officials rob Jack of an even more sensational play?

After recovering the ball on the ground, Jack got up and started sprinting down the field, appearing to have a clear path to the end zone. The officials immediately blew the play dead, however, ruling Jack down by contact as soon as he recovered.

The question is whether Jack actually had made contact with Lewis after he recovered the fumble. And replays indicate that he may not have: Jack was still grasping for the ball as he rolled over and away from Lewis and didn’t appear to have possession of the ball until he was free of Lewis and not near any other Patriots. Jack clearly didn’t think he was down, which is why he got up and started sprinting for what could have been a touchdown.

The play was reviewed, but only as to the question of whether it was a fumble and whether the Jaguars recovered. It clearly was a fumble and Jack clearly did recover. But there could be no review of whether Jack was down by contact after recovering the ball because the officials had blown the play dead. Once a play is blown dead, nothing that happens after that can be changed in instant replay.

If the officials had allowed the play to continue, Jack may very well have run for a touchdown that would have given the Jaguars a 27-10 lead with less than 14 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. It’s possible the Patriots still could have come back and won, but it would have been a whole lot harder if they were behind by three possessions instead of two.

The official who blew the play dead may have had a better view than the TV cameras of where Jack and Lewis were at the time Jack recovered the fumble, or he may have just assumed Jack was touched down because he saw Jack and Lewis going to the ground right next to each other. If the officials would err on the side of letting a play go, it would allow replay to fix any mistakes. But when asked about the play, the league office told PFT that officials are supposed to call what they see, and not let a play go just because they might get corrected on replay.

“The ruling on the field was a fumble, recovered by the defense. Because a whistle was blown, there could be no advance of the fumble, and that ended the play,” NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via email. “Replay was used to determine if in fact it was a fumble and/or if the player was down by contact, but no advance of the fumble could be added at this point. The officials are instructed to officiate as to what they see on the field, not to replay.”

This play was blown dead, and it may have cost the Jaguars a touchdown that could have been the difference between a loss and a trip to the Super Bowl.

That's a lot of shit! Can you reduce that to.......I'm not happy.....

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars linebacker Myles Jack made a sensational play in the AFC Championship Game when he ran down Patriots running back Dion Lewis, forced a fumble and recovered it. But did the officials rob Jack of an even more sensational play?

After recovering the ball on the ground, Jack got up and started sprinting down the field, appearing to have a clear path to the end zone. The officials immediately blew the play dead, however, ruling Jack down by contact as soon as he recovered.

The question is whether Jack actually had made contact with Lewis after he recovered the fumble. And replays indicate that he may not have: Jack was still grasping for the ball as he rolled over and away from Lewis and didn’t appear to have possession of the ball until he was free of Lewis and not near any other Patriots. Jack clearly didn’t think he was down, which is why he got up and started sprinting for what could have been a touchdown.

The play was reviewed, but only as to the question of whether it was a fumble and whether the Jaguars recovered. It clearly was a fumble and Jack clearly did recover. But there could be no review of whether Jack was down by contact after recovering the ball because the officials had blown the play dead. Once a play is blown dead, nothing that happens after that can be changed in instant replay.

If the officials had allowed the play to continue, Jack may very well have run for a touchdown that would have given the Jaguars a 27-10 lead with less than 14 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. It’s possible the Patriots still could have come back and won, but it would have been a whole lot harder if they were behind by three possessions instead of two.

The official who blew the play dead may have had a better view than the TV cameras of where Jack and Lewis were at the time Jack recovered the fumble, or he may have just assumed Jack was touched down because he saw Jack and Lewis going to the ground right next to each other. If the officials would err on the side of letting a play go, it would allow replay to fix any mistakes. But when asked about the play, the league office told PFT that officials are supposed to call what they see, and not let a play go just because they might get corrected on replay.

“The ruling on the field was a fumble, recovered by the defense. Because a whistle was blown, there could be no advance of the fumble, and that ended the play,” NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via email. “Replay was used to determine if in fact it was a fumble and/or if the player was down by contact, but no advance of the fumble could be added at this point. The officials are instructed to officiate as to what they see on the field, not to replay.”

This play was blown dead, and it may have cost the Jaguars a touchdown that could have been the difference between a loss and a trip to the Super Bowl.

The play was blown dead. That's it. When the Jags got the fumble, did they mount a scoring drive? No, they choked like they did most of the 2nd half scoring a measly 2 FGs. The Patriots continually harassed Bortles while Brady was tossing darts thru Jags defense to Cook, Amendola, Lewis, and Dorsett. The best team clearly won.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will always be cheaters. In the hall of shame brady will be holding a deflated football and bellicheat will be holding a stack of video tapes. No matter how many games they win people will never forget. Too bad such a dynasty is tainted. They were good enough to win without cheating but cheated anyway.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will always be cheaters. In the hall of shame brady will be holding a deflated football and bellicheat will be holding a stack of video tapes. No matter how many games they win people will never forget. Too bad such a dynasty is tainted. They were good enough to win without cheating but cheated anyway.
Pete says hold my beer

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol! Newsflash, everyone has already forgotten. If one of those transgressions had proven to matter it might be different but stop them from taping and they go 18-0. Re-inflate the balls and they win two more superbowls, maybe three.

Yours is the stuff of ass-chaffed crybabies.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wasnt

Actually he was. when the ball was freed of Lewis' hand, Jacks' leg was against Lewis'. They showed a slow motion angle from above left. I don't believe the officials' eyes are so good that they could have actually seen that contact, but I think they blew the whistle early calling Lewis "down by contact", hence they killed the play before it was done. They got the possession correct.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was. when the ball was freed of Lewis' hand, Jacks' leg was against Lewis'. They showed a slow motion angle from above left. I don't believe the officials' eyes are so good that they could have actually seen that contact, but I think they blew the whistle early calling Lewis "down by contact", hence they killed the play before it was done. They got the possession correct.

No, the replay shows that Jack did not completely posses the recovery until he and Lewis were no longer in contact

I agree it was a bang bang play that would be very difficult to call in real time with the naked eye, but if the official ate the whistle as he is instructed to do, replay would have awarded the Jags a TD

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the replay shows that Jack did not completely posses the recovery until he and Lewis were no longer in contact

I agree it was a bang bang play that would be very difficult to call in real time with the naked eye, but if the official ate the whistle as he is instructed to do, replay would have awarded the Jags a TD
Jack would have fumbled, Pats would have recovered and ran it back with Brady as lead blocker on the return.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack would have fumbled, Pats would have recovered and ran it back with Brady as lead blocker on the return.

After Brady caused the fumble on a come from behind strip tackle

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it hilarious that people constantly use these two events as "CHEATING". During the Jets game the Patriots were filming the Jets from a position on the field that Goodell said they could not. If that same camera man had been fifteen directly in back of where he was, it would have been totally legal because he would have been in the first row of the stands. The taping of the defensive signals was not illegal, the spot whare the camera man took the film was.

Deflategate has been proven to be a complete facade. The NFL recognized that only one ball was at less than the league minimum air pressure. Brady was was never formally charged with any illegal act. To this day, the NFL will simple say, it is over, the case closed, we have no further comment. Article 46 was the case clincher for the league and Goodell's suspension of Brady. And oddly enough, with over inflated balls the colts couldn't score in the second half of the AFCCG and the patriots ripped their nuts off. Where have the Colts been ever since??? Cleaning toilets.

Geezer.................the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting a different result. Sorta like calling the patriots cheaters. Every time you do it, they win another Super Bowl.
Get my drift???

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one of the greatest QBs of all time, who will also play for them at a healthy discount, giving them a big edge in the salary cap.

They have one of the greatest coaches/GMs of all time, who is plenty crafty enough to take full advantage.

Finally, they play in a division with three of the most consistently underwhelming franchises in the league, giving them 6 games they will be heavy favorites in every single season.

That's a recipe for a dominant franchise. If only their fans didn't have such a victim complex. Embrace being the evil empire!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, they play in a division with three of the most consistently underwhelming franchises in the league, giving them 6 games they will be heavy favorites in every single season.

You're a Packer fan, right?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Packer fan, right?
I think you will find that, over the last 20 years, the Vikings, Bears and Lions have been consistently more successful than the Jets, Bills and Dolphins.