• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any turnover is allowed to be challenged. If Myles had sprinted to the end zone and the play was challenged perhaps it tuns to a TD? Down by contact can also be challenged.

false

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any turnover is allowed to be challenged. If Myles had sprinted to the end zone and the play was challenged perhaps it tuns to a TD? Down by contact can also be challenged.
Back to reality.

No, you cannot challenge that play. Once it was blown dead, you can't challenge it. There is 0 chance they could turn that into a TD or even an advancement of the ball.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Advancing the ball after the whistle has been blown can not be challenged.

Possession can.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player fumbled prior to being down by contact, its reviewable.
From the NFL spokesman:

“The ruling on the field was a fumble, recovered by the defense. Because a whistle was blown, there could be no advance of the fumble, and that ended the play,” NFL spokesman Michael Signora told PFT via email. “Replay was used to determine if in fact it was a fumble and/or if the player was down by contact, but no advance of the fumble could be added at this point."

You cannot challenge that the recovering player wasn't down by contact, and therefore could advance the ball. I'm sorry but this is pretty basic stuff.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to reality.

No, you cannot challenge that play. Once it was blown dead, you can't challenge it. There is 0 chance they could turn that into a TD or even an advancement of the ball.

Correct.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advancing the ball after the whistle has been blown can not be challenged.

Possession can.
Yeah, that makes sense. So in a nutshell had Jacks ran to the end zone and the play was challenged it would not have mattered. Makes sense. My bad

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref shouldn't have blown his whistle so quick. He took away any advantage the Jags might have gained from that play. Little things like that add up when refs are steering a game one way or the other. You see it all the time in football.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref shouldn't have blown his whistle so quick. He took away any advantage the Jags might have gained from that play. Little things like that add up when refs are steering a game one way or the other. You see it all the time in football.
And that is what I implied earlier the ref saw him as down by contact, at least that is what I gathered from the play.

That was a weird fumble.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reruns of both games will be shown tonight on the NFL network starting at 8 PM. Not sure if reruns of the Myles Jack play will be shown and analyzed.
I saw that. I may watch the Pat/Jags game but I'm not watching that Eagles game--there's no way they beat the Vikings again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reruns of both games will be shown tonight on the NFL network starting at 8 PM. Not sure if reruns of the Myles Jack play will be shown and analyzed.
To what end? If the ref screwed the pooch nothing can be done about it now. But you know people, well, some people have to try and find a way to lessen the accomplishments of the Pats. It's funny you would think supposed grown behind men would be able to move past all the drama. But in the end most are just looking for attention.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let it play out, then review it

It shouldn't be that difficult.