• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok after some time to digest:

Neal deserves 6, will likely get 2.

Thornton deserves 30+, will likely get 10. He slew footed a guy from behind who and then punched him a bunch while he was down. Cowardice personified. Bitch move.

If you lay someone out legally, you are not required to fight. That's moronic as fuck.

Fighting is not "part of hockey." It is part of North American hockey and an ever decreasing part of that.

Thornton deserves 30+...:lol: perhaps Euro hockey is more your taste?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cooke.

How many suspensions for Cooke? How many for Thornton?

:L

I called for a lot more penalty for Cooke than he got. I call for a lot more penalty than just about everyone gets.

I'm consistent with this.

But even so, Matt Cooke is irrelevant to this discussion, as he was not even playing in this game.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called for a lot more penalty for Cooke than he got. I call for a lot more penalty than just about everyone gets.

I'm consistent with this.

But even so, Matt Cooke is irrelevant to this discussion, as he was not even playing in this game.

I'm not sure what Matt Cooke has to do with this. I would have booted him for a season for his last transgression. Unless I am missing somethig he didn't play last night.

I deleted it cause it is just not worth it.

I have said what I think and believe that I was clear.

Agree or disagree. Dont much matter.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Matt Cooke? Ulf ?
Hypocrite much like your GM

I'm not saying that Thornton deserves a lifetime ban, but wouldn't it have been nice if the league had booted Cooke a while ago?

Thornton deserves 20+ (I'm certainly OK if that plus is a big one) but I don't think he deserves a lifetime ban for this one incident.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Thornton thing as basically an assault, similar to the Bertuzzi incident. He went after a guy from behind, slew footed him and punched his head into the ice. I mean there is nothing as all "hockey" about that. I saw the Emery attack on Holtby as similar but at least he went face to face and didnt slew foot the guy from behind. Emery got nothing, which is a joke, but shows the NHL is weird when it comes to punishment.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Thornton deserves a lifetime ban, but wouldn't it have been nice if the league had booted Cooke a while ago?

Thornton deserves 20+ (I'm certainly OK if that plus is a big one) but I don't think he deserves a lifetime ban for this one incident.

Yes what does he have like 3 or 4 suspensions?

Thornton has 0.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thornton has 0.

:L

You have to keep reading.

Are you seriously trolling?

I literally address your comment in

THE

NEXT

SENTENCE.

:wtf:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Matt Cooke has to do with this. I would have booted him for a season for his last transgression. Unless I am missing somethig he didn't play last night.

Oh, you didn't see him on the ice during the game? He was standing right next to John Scott.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thornton has 0.

Well, he'll have one after this incident.

The point is that these sorts of behaviors need to be nipped in the bud. Penalize them stiffly at the outset. Discourage it immediately.

The Thornton incident is an easy one to target because it didn't occur as a hockey play, and it was, as stated previously, basically an assault. Discipline needs to be stricter across the board, but this incident is pretty cut-and-dry in terms of the usual "intent" portion.

It's a clear double-digit game suspension, regardless of Thornton's history.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this off I fucking love science seems a lot can be applied to many of our "debates"

umoHkKv.jpg

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he'll have one after this incident.

The point is that these sorts of behaviors need to be nipped in the bud. Penalize them stiffly at the outset. Discourage it immediately.

The Thornton incident is an easy one to target because it didn't occur as a hockey play, and it was, as stated previously, basically an assault. Discipline needs to be stricter across the board, but this incident is pretty cut-and-dry in terms of the usual "intent" portion.

It's a clear double-digit game suspension, regardless of Thornton's history.

Yes he will. Bad play. Dumb move. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he will. Bad play. Dumb move. How many times do I have to repeat that?

None, just stop adding irrelevant qualifiers to the statement and arguing with people with whom you now claim you have been agreeing the whole time.

This is all very confusing. :noidea:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Shawn Thornton for what he brings in toughness and code but he broke that tonight and hit a guy who was down. The only other time I have seen him do this was Matt Cooke after the Savard hit which every hockey fan in the world stood up and clapped.

BTW was that the Penguins that Cooke played for?

In any case Shawn broke his own rules tonight and hopefully Orpik is ok.

10 games and I have no problem with that.

None, just stop adding irrelevant qualifiers to the statement and arguing with people with whom you now claim you have been agreeing the whole time.

This is all very confusing. :noidea:

My first post in this thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first post in this thread.

You brought up Cooke in that post, too, in a way which incriminated the Penguins, so I don't know what you're trying to prove here. :noidea:

When you say things like that, you undermine your original point and take a combative position. You asked for a fight, so I'm not sure why you're surprised you got one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still talking about Matt Cooke? Dude is on the Wild now, take it up with them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digestued and seen all of the evidence. Now for my take

Neal: 20 Games. Will get 5-10. Complete douche move. Makes No effort to avoid Marchand and actully changes direction to hit him.

Thorton: 50 games. Will get life. I believe life bc Like someone said on twitter. The lawyers are watching the NHL Move thaty is why life

I also believe that Oprik should suspended for the Erickson Hit