• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digestued and seen all of the evidence. Now for my take

Neal: 20 Games. Will get 5-10. Complete douche move. Makes No effort to avoid Marchand and actully changes direction to hit him.

Thorton: 50 games. Will get life. I believe life bc Like someone said on twitter. The lawyers are watching the NHL Move thaty is why life

I also believe that Oprik should suspended for the Erickson Hit

Yeah, but how many games should Cooke and Scott get?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2aafr10.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digestued and seen all of the evidence. Now for my take

Neal: 20 Games. Will get 5-10. Complete douche move. Makes No effort to avoid Marchand and actully changes direction to hit him.

Thorton: 50 games. Will get life. I believe life bc Like someone said on twitter. The lawyers are watching the NHL Move thaty is why life

I also believe that Oprik should suspended for the Erickson Hit

I don't think you can suspend a guy for a legal hit, so I disagree on Orpik (no contact to the head, the puck looked like it may have contacted Eriksson's stick in one angle, but it's too close to call either way), but I would be fine with those two suspension lengths.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but how many games should Cooke and Scott get?

now that we're playing guessing games...how many games will the Sabres lose this year?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that we're playing guessing games...how many games will the Sabres lose this year?

Hopefully as many games as Thornton gets suspended for.

Unlike most Bruins fans, I can still remain on topic without resorting to petty deflecting because of insecurity issues.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, long story short:

I don't think it's realistic to expect teammates to react differently to their teammate being knocked out based on legality of the hit. Especially considering they probably can't see the hit with every angle and slow MO that we can with highlights. If it's even remotely questionable, and a guy gets hurt, expect to drop the gloves, and drop the gloves. End it then and there. It's the safest way to handle it.

Steve Moore fought Matt Cooke. How did that end for him?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wanted to drop Francois Leroux and Glenn Featherstone into a SportsHoopla conversation and this seems like a good opportunity.

Both were no-talent ass hats!

:suds:

Featherstone is a friend, be nice. He gave all he had out there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I add Bruce Shoebottom since we're name-dropping (former Bruin as well).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sean Avery tweet is enlightening because his point of view is likely held by other NHLers. THEREIN LIES THE ISSUE. The culture of that is disgusting. "You legally hit my guy and as a result he was injured...so I'm gonna knock you out cold with your back turned, hope you learn your lesson pussy." That's just so very very twisted. It's disturbingly super-macho, deluded, and gosh I truly worry about the state of mind someone is in to think that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sean Avery tweet is enlightening because his point of view is likely held by other NHLers. THEREIN LIES THE ISSUE. The culture of that is disgusting. "You legally hit my guy and as a result he was injured...so I'm gonna knock you out cold with your back turned, hope you learn your lesson pussy." That's just so very very twisted. It's disturbingly super-macho, deluded, and gosh I truly worry about the state of mind someone is in to think that.

Sean Avery has always had a screw loose so maybe he's an outcast but I can agree with that sentiment to an extent

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the 1st time I've seen it, and I have to say I'm 50/50 on if it was intentional or not.

He may not have noticed his head was there because he was looking up the ice. Then again, that could have been his excuse the whole time?

lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I had only seen the one angle I had that opinion too. As soon someone posted the other angle I, and IPW, both instantly agreed it was on purpose.