• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So much for that Rockets dynasty

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA beat them last night, dropping them to a 6 seed.

Is Kevin McHale's job on the line?

This team is under-performing ever since they tried to rebuild it on the fly by acquiring Harde, Howard, Ariza, Smith, Terry, and letting Parsons walk.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA beat them last night, dropping them to a 6 seed.

Is Kevin McHale's job on the line?

This team is under-performing ever since they tried to rebuild it on the fly by acquiring Harde, Howard, Ariza, Smith, Terry, and letting Parsons walk.

How exactly are they under performing? And 2,3,5, & 6 are so close that they can finish in the 3rd seed.

On top of that most had predicted them missing the playoffs or getting a 7th or 8th seed at the start of the season.

Considering all the injuries they had and the terrible offseason they had, this team actually overachieved this season.

Your 2nd best player missed more than half of the season and your starting PF played in less than 25 games and you're likely to finish with 56 wins.

McHale should actually get votes for COY all things considered. They'll likely end up as the 5 seed and make it to the 2nd round and lose to GSW in 5 or 6 games.

Damn good year if you ask me

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly are they under performing? And 2,3,5, & 6 are so close that they can finish in the 3rd seed.

On top of that most had predicted them missing the playoffs or getting a 7th or 8th seed at the start of the season.

Considering all the injuries they had and the terrible offseason they had, this team actually overachieved this season.

Your 2nd best player missed more than half of the season and your starting PF played in less than 25 games and you're likely to finish with 56 wins.

McHale should actually get votes for COY all things considered. They'll likely end up as the 5 seed and make it to the 2nd round and lose to GSW in 5 or 6 games.

Who predicted them missing the playoffs?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..............when they acquired Howard an awful lot of the experts had them as title contenders.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who predicted them missing the playoffs?

1 or 2 analyst had them missing the playoffs because everyone was so high on the Suns and nearly everyone had Phoenix making the playoffs. Usually the team that they had Phoenix replacing was Houston or Dallas.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..............when they acquired Howard an awful lot of the experts had them as title contenders.

Not really. I don't think in their 2 years together I seen anyone predict them to even make a conference finals. They were always one player away and still are one player away which is why I consider making it to the 2nd round a success for them

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are still a very dangerous team.

If they had been healthy, they are likely 2 or 3 games better and firmly in control of a top 4 seed..
San Antonio was equally crushed by injuries in fairness.

MEMPHIS was the team who completely benefitted from all the OKC/HOUSTON/SAS injuries.
That is why the Grizz are slowly fading back to the pack as the other teams get healthier.

I think the Rockets are the best team outside of the Spurs/Clips/Warriors trio.
They are not quite as good, but nobody wants to play them either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are still a very dangerous team.

If they had been healthy, they are likely 2 or 3 games better and firmly in control of a top 4 seed..
San Antonio was equally crushed by injuries in fairness.

MEMPHIS was the team who completely benefitted from all the OKC/HOUSTON/SAS injuries.
That is why the Grizz are slowly fading back to the pack as the other teams get healthier.

I think the Rockets are the best team outside of the Spurs/Clips/Warriors trio.
They are not quite as good, but nobody wants to play them either.

I agree with everything you said. If they did not have all these freaking injuries, they're likely the 2nd seed and hot on GSW ass. Amazing that they have 53 wins all things considered. They would have 60+ wins if not for all the injuries.

I actually think the Rockets are better than the Clippers.

Anyway DJ may have a point about McHale though. He needs to get out of the first round. I can see him losing his job if they're eliminated in round 1 again

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...they are doing fairly well considering they lost their starting SF in free agency, their starting and back-up Pf's to injury, their starting franchise Center to injury and their starting pg....again, to injury.

All that and they could still end up as the 3rd seed.

Portland is messing up the seeding because they are a division winner.

With that said, the Lakers probably dodged a bullet when he walked.

Could you imaging having all that money sunk into a broken Kobe, Nash and Howard?:eek:

Reactions: GNG

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of hyperbole in this thread

Rockets are fine where they are. Seeding in the West is all a wash. Sure the initial expectations were the Rockets to contend for a title when Harden and Dwight teamed up, but I don't think anyone predicted a Miami like run with this unit.

Tmac and Yao had much higher expectations to me than Dwight and Harden. THAT was a team underachieved. These guys if anything have exceeded expectations if you factor in all the injuries and the mess of an off season they had.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of hyperbole in this thread

Rockets are fine where they are. Seeding in the West is all a wash. Sure the initial expectations were the Rockets to contend for a title when Harden and Dwight teamed up, but I don't think anyone predicted a Miami like run with this unit.

Tmac and Yao had much higher expectations to me than Dwight and Harden. THAT was a team underachieved. These guys if anything have exceeded expectations if you factor in all the injuries and the mess of an off season they had.

They still need one more player....a borderline star to compete for a title.

Parsons was not that player and Ariza damn sure isn't either

But yeah this team has overachieved this year for sure. Last year I don't think they under or overachieved in the regular season.

They need the 5th seed or higher in order to get out of round 1 this year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agre with you- I think they have done a great job- ---they did take a risk on letting Parsons go for Bosh- and if that wouldve paid off they would probably be the favorites in the West (if Bosh was not out for the season)- but they do still have that same cap room this offseason to add a piece to a team that is very good- and personally- id rather have the flexibility to draw someone to Texas, with no state income tax, the chance to win- then give that spot to Chandler Parsons and ruin my flexibility.

This team has to make very doable upgrades to be very good- If they upgraded the PG and PF spot in the offseason- which is extremely attainable- they will be right back here.....right now with Patrick Beverely gone- their PG spot has gone from mediocre/below average to atrocious......

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Rockets have accomplished what they did with McGrady and Yao Ming which gave them a long time in the playoffs and really competitive, but a dollar short in title contention. That's pretty much what I think they are now