• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Playoff predictions for 15-16

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. No one has said anything that would need to be changed. All anyone has said is that it won't be quite as easy as last year. As I posted earlier...no one is saying it'll be a cakewalk, but no one is saying the Cavs will struggle either.

And the perception most of last year was that the east was weak. Just as the perception early this season was that the east was weak. Then most of the teams showed improvement. At one point last year it looked like the east might have something like 3 teams in the playoffs with a losing record.

3 of the teams were .500 or under .500

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that - just like last year - everyone will talk about how the east won't be a cakewalk for the Cavs because they're not that good and other teams are dangerous and not afraid of them.... until the Cavs make it out of the east - at which point everyone will talk about how much of a cakewalk the east is.

If the Cavs easily steamroll there way to the Finals, I'll gladly give them credit for upping their game.
Unless there are some unforeseen injuries, I won't be saying the East in general was a cakewalk.
It's been competitive all season.
I think it will remain that way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, there is going to be one person on these forums bragging when Cleveland get to the finals like it is some sort of shock and we all know who she is.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not something I even have an issue with... it's just the dynamic of the east right now. The natural result of having only one contender in the conference.

Before the playoffs start... everyone understandably wants to point out the strengths and potential danger of the other teams in the conference. "This will be no cakewalk".

Then... when the team makes it out of the conference.... everyone suddenly wants to talk about how easy the path is. "What a cakewalk".

Maybe none of you will do that if the Cavs make it to the finals. Hopefully, we'll find out. :-)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not something I even have an issue with... it's just the dynamic of the east right now. The natural result of having only one contender in the conference.

Before the playoffs start... everyone understandably wants to point out the strengths and potential danger of the other teams in the conference. "This will be no cakewalk".

Then... when the team makes it out of the conference.... everyone suddenly wants to talk about how easy the path is. "What a cakewalk".

Maybe none of you will do that if the Cavs make it to the finals. Hopefully, We'll see. :-)

Okay Wiggy. Whatever you say. :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, there is going to be one person on these forums bragging when Cleveland get to the finals like it is some sort of shock and we all know who she is.

:noidea: I'm not sure, but maybe you're referring to the person who posts absentee after every loss, until there is a win?
#rollinginshit

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we skip to the 2nd round already?

Spurs vs Thunder!!!!!
Warriors vs Clippers!!!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe none of you will do that if the Cavs make it to the finals. Hopefully, we'll find out. :-)

Have you considered the possibility that people came back sand said it was a cakewalk because it turned out to be a cakewalk?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine LeBron and the Cavs beating GSW (73-9) in the Finals... "GOAT LeBron" everywhere..

I really have some wild imaginations lately..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you considered the possibility that people came back sand said it was a cakewalk because it turned out to be a cakewalk?

But did it turn out that way because the Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks were that weak of opponents? Or because the Cavs were that good?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine LeBron and the Cavs beating GSW (73-9) in the Finals... "GOAT LeBron" everywhere..

I really have some wild imaginations lately..

No doubt. I've seen at least a couple of people try to suggest that if Lebron wins a title in Cleveland, it automatically elevates him to GOAT because it's Cleveland. :L

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I've seen at least a couple of people try to suggest that if Lebron wins a title in Cleveland, it automatically elevates him to GOAT because it's Cleveland.
I honestly don't think it would move the needle much in terms of his rank among the greats. (Assuming love and kyrie are healthy throughout the playoffs).

But it would change the narrative and perception of his legacy significantly, imo.

Especially if it comes against the 72-73 win warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did it turn out that way because the Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks were that weak of opponents? Or because the Cavs were that good?

Who knows? Probably a little of both. It really doesn't matter either way.

It's like when the Shaq/Kobe Lakers swept their way into the finals. No one thought that was going to happen. When it did, what else could it be called but a cakewalk? It doesn't matter if it was because the Lakers were that good or if the teams they faced were that bad. All that mattered was that it was a cakewalk.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? Probably a little of both. It really doesn't matter either way.

It's like when the Shaq/Kobe Lakers swept their way into the finals. No one thought that was going to happen. When it did, what else could it be called but a cakewalk? It doesn't matter if it was because the Lakers were that good or if the teams they faced were that bad. All that mattered was that it was a cakewalk.
:hmm: Ok, that actually makes a lot of sense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think it would move the needle much in terms of his rank among the greats. (Assuming love and kyrie are healthy throughout the playoffs).

But it would change the narrative and perception of his legacy significantly, imo.

Especially if it comes against the 72-73 win warriors.

Taking down the Warriors would help. As for changing his perception/legacy. I doubt it. It wasn't the first title with the Bulls, who like Cleveland, hadn't won anything, that moved the needle on Jordan. It was the fact that he kept winning titles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i feel like the Cavs have gone through some adversity this season too between the injuries and all these twitter non-stories, and i mean their freaking coach getting fired, - they have all had to deal with an inordinate amount of criticism for a team that just won the conference. I really think this team is ready for the playoffs to start and will be able to handle it when ,inevitably, stuff does not go their way.

When Love resigned he said one of the main reasons he came back was because of how pissed off it made him to watch his team- and he got to watch the playoffs and eventually the Finals and wanted to be part of it. Love is really gonna have to be a freaking force if the Cavs are gonna hope to win it all that is for sure.

and last season - the Cavs did pretty much run through the East- except for losing 2 out of 3 to Chicago at one point and going down 2-1. Everyone kinda forgets in the sweep of Atlanta that Korver was hurt, Milsap played awful because i think he was playing hurt too- so i think Atlanta will be more of a threat this year than last-- but how much remains to be seen. I still think where they are hurt is perimeter defense...Carroll being hurt obviously didnt help them last year either. Losing him- I mean- Bazemore is ok...there is just no one that can really even slow LeBron down and thats a problem.

On the other Eastern Contenders- the Celtics have Crowder who is actually pretty good...Raptors signed Carroll to try and guard Lebron but hes just now coming back from being hurt- he might be effective- but it would be asking a lot i think....Heat I guess would throw Deng and Winslow at him- thats better than anyone outside of Boston...unless your counting the Pacers and Paul George- but i think we can all agree the chances arent very big the Cavs lose to the Pacers...with how LeBron is playing right now though- he is just going to go nuts on these teams- especially when you get into a series and its all about adjustments- thats LeBrons game.