• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Playoff predictions for 15-16

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that - just like last year - everyone will talk about how the east won't be a cakewalk for the Cavs because they're not that good and other teams are dangerous and not afraid of them.... until the Cavs make it out of the east - at which point everyone will talk about how much of a cakewalk the east is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that - just like last year - everyone will talk about how the east won't be a cakewalk for the Cavs because they're not that good and other teams are dangerous and not afraid of them.... until the Cavs make it out of the east - at which point everyone will talk about how much of a cakewalk the east is.

I predict that your prediction will be wrong

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
Nailed that.

3. Rockets
Took a risk and and lol

4. Thunder
5. Grizzlies
6. Clippers
7. Unibrows
8. Mavs

Just missing: Suns
Overrated the Grizzlies. Didn't have them regress enough. Overrated the Pelicans and Suns. Underrated the Blazers.

East:
1. Cavs
2. Heat
3. Hawks
4. Raptors
Underrated the Raptors but for the most part nailed this.

5. Bucks
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Totally Doesn't matter
And completely got all of this wrong.

Tl;dr i got the good teams right.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I predict that your prediction will be wrong
LeBron will be looking for new stars to pair with when the Pistons pull the first round stunner. Heat Pistons ECF

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt that will happen. I can't remember the last time that all 8 East Conf. playoff teams had a winning record.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you making shit up? Did Wiggy hack your account?

Pretty much everyone on here has said the Cavs are coming out of the East.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I recall, there weren't too many close 4th qtr games for the Cavs last year.
I'm not predicting they'll lose tons of games, but I think it will be much more competitive.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody picked against them.
They are clear cut favorites.
We've just said they aren't the mortal lock that some here think they are.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What am I making up? Picking the Cavs to come out of the east and saying the east is a cake walk are two very different things.

Most, including you, have said the Cavs are likely to make the finals but it wouldnt be shocking to see them lose earlier with the solid teams in the east that don't fear them. Have heard very little - if any - cakewalk talk.

Not an opinion Ill disagree with... I just think it will be funny when the tune inevitably changes in a couple months. All the building up of the eastern teams will turn into tearing them down in an attempt to portray how easy the Cavs path to the finals was.

Just like last year. Don't make me go quote hunting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody picked against them.
They are clear cut favorites.
We've just said they aren't the mortal lock that some here think they are.

That's why I think Wiggy hacked gordon's account. Seems like everyone agrees that the Cavs are coming out of the East, but it won't be quite as easy as last year and if someone does take them out in the Eastern Conference playoffs, it will likely be the Heat.

Maybe you and I are missing something? :noidea:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, there weren't too many close 4th qtr games for the Cavs last year.
I'm not predicting they'll lose tons of games, but I think it will be much more competitive.

That's fair... maybe it has more to do with the Cavs than the rest of the conference. Definitely not going into the playoffs as strongly as they did last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I making up? Picking the Cavs to come out of the east and saying the east is a cake walk are two very different things.

Most, including you, have said the Cavs are likely to make the finals but it wouldnt be shocking to see them lose earlier with the solid teams in the east that don't fear them. Have heard very little - if any - cakewalk talk.

Not an opinion Ill disagree with... I just think it will be funny when the tune inevitably changes in a couple months. All the building up of the eastern teams will turn into tearing them down in an attempt to portray how easy the Cavs path to the finals was.

Just like last year. Don't make me go quote hunting.

Is this your Wiggy impression? You're taking issue with people thinking it won't be a cakewalk? Even you have said you don't think it will be a cakewalk. Don't make me go post hunting (especially since you pretty much agreed in the quoted post).

Everyone has said the Cavs are coming out of the east and that only the Heat have a shot and that's just a punchers chance. No one has said it would be a cake walk, but no one has suggested that they'll struggle to get out of the East either.

In short, no one has said anything that they'd have a need to change later.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think Wiggy hacked gordon's account. Seems like everyone agrees that the Cavs are coming out of the East, but it won't be quite as easy as last year and if someone does take them out in the Eastern Conference playoffs, it will likely be the Heat.

Maybe you and I are missing something? :noidea:
Right. I'm just predicting that all of this "east will not be as easy as last year" talk will change to "east is so easy, cavs do not impress me" IF the Cavs make the finals.

Last year wasn't even that easy of a path in the east.. imo... it just became the perception AFTER the Cavs bulldozed through it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your Wiggy impression? You're taking issue with people thinking it won't be a cakewalk? Even you have said you don't think it will be a cakewalk. Don't make me go post hunting (especially since you pretty much agreed in the quoted post).

Everyone has said the Cavs are coming out of the east and that only the Heat have a shot and that's just a punchers chance. No one has said it would be a cake walk, but no one has suggested that they'll struggle to get out of the East either.

In short, no one has said anything that they'd have a need to change later.

No, I have no issue with that. As you said, I completely agree.

All I'm saying is I won't be surprised when this forum flips on that opinion if the Cavs make the finals. Suddenly the Cavs path will be viewed as a cakewalk.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I'm just predicting that all of this "east will not be as easy as last year" talk will change to "east is so easy, cavs do not impress me" IF the Cavs make the finals.

Last year want even that easy of a path in the east.. imo... it just became the perception AFTER the Cavs bulldozed through it.

Wrong. No one has said anything that would need to be changed. All anyone has said is that it won't be quite as easy as last year. As I posted earlier...no one is saying it'll be a cakewalk, but no one is saying the Cavs will struggle either.

And the perception most of last year was that the east was weak. Just as the perception early this season was that the east was weak. Then most of the teams showed improvement. At one point last year it looked like the east might have something like 3 teams in the playoffs with a losing record.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I'm saying is I won't be surprised when this forum flips on that opinion if the Cavs make the finals. Suddenly the Cavs path will be viewed as a cakewalk.

I doubt it. Cavs are expected to make the finals anyway. Everyone been in agreement on this since October.

Last year they played a 40 win Boston team in round 1 and played a slumping ATL team in the ECF who only made it there because Wall broke his wrist.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that no one has said anything that would need to be changed.