• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Playoff predictions for 15-16

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right.
West:
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Rockets
4. Thunder
5. Grizzlies
6. Clippers
7. Unibrows
8. Mavs

Just missing: Suns

East:
1. Cavs
2. Heat
3. Hawks
4. Raptors
5. Bucks
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Totally Doesn't matter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
revised

1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Hawks
4. Bucks
5. Heat
6. Wizards
7. Raptors
8. Pacers

1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Grizz
7. Pelicans
8. Jazz

ECF- Cavs v. Bulls
WCF- Thunder v. Spurs
Finals- Cavs v. Thunder
Champion- The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the Cavs will be bringing Varejao, Love and Mo to the party....so...we shall see how that goes.

I do like the Hoiberg hiring though. Thibs did a piss-poor job in that series.

Now, the Cavaliers enter next season ready to put the James/Irving/Love growing pains behind them and take the league by storm. They also bring a frontline rotation of Love, Thompson, Timofey Mozgov, Anderson Varejao that's capable of playing big or small, pound or spread, depending on matchups. Look out
That's how they'll start the season. We will see if they remain healthy. Kyrie, Varejao, and Love are both very injury prone. Either way, I still like the Bulls chances. Hoiberg could have a Kerr like effect on the Bulls. It's not like this Bulls team is lacking in offensive talent. Heck, I could see snell, mirotic, and McDermott all emerging as solid scorers next to Rose, Butler, and Gasol next season. If Taj and Noah get over their injury issues that really hampered them last season, the Bulls could be much improved. The Cavs are tough, but very beatable. I could see the Wizards, Heat, and Bulls taking them out of the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking that Cavs kool aid. The Bulls have the same parts next year, but they are going to be a much different team. They won't go on the quarter long droughts against the Cavs like they did last year.

And you know this how exactly lol. They are the same team exactly a year older. Remember the Cavs played without 3 of their starters and two of their stars. The Bulls will be competitive but lets not act like they are better, they are the same except one more year playing with each other helped a bit. Just bc they got a new coach doesnt mean they wont go on droughts lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how they'll start the season. We will see if they remain healthy. Kyrie, Varejao, and Love are both very injury prone. Either way, I still like the Bulls chances. Hoiberg could have a Kerr like effect on the Bulls. It's not like this Bulls team is lacking in offensive talent. Heck, I could see snell, mirotic, and McDermott all emerging as solid scorers next to Rose, Butler, and Gasol next season. If Taj and Noah get over their injury issues that really hampered them last season, the Bulls could be much improved. The Cavs are tough, but very beatable. I could see the Wizards, Heat, and Bulls taking them out of the playoffs.
every team has injury issues- the Bulls are far more serious than the Cavs with Rose and Noah's and Gasol's injury histories.

I have to respectfully disagree that the Cavs are "very beatable". I think that only Chicago has a reasonable chance of upsetting them- and Chicago will never find the Cavs as beatable as last season when the whole roster was new, Blatt was new to the NBA, Love was out, Varejao out, and Kyrie hampered. -And yes- I do realize Gasol was missing for 2 games.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
revised

1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Hawks
4. Bucks
5. Heat
6. Wizards
7. Raptors
8. Pacers

1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Grizz
7. Pelicans
8. Jazz

ECF- Cavs v. Bulls
WCF- Thunder v. Spurs
Finals- Cavs v. Thunder
Champion- The Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Thunder are a two trick pony. I seriously doubt they can make it through the regular season and Western Conference playoffs leaning on Westbrook and Durant for so much of their scoring. If they do make the playoffs vs the Cavs, it'll be a sweep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder are a two trick pony. I seriously doubt they can make it through the regular season and Western Conference playoffs leaning on Westbrook and Durant for so much of their scoring. If they do make the playoffs vs the Cavs, it'll be a sweep.
Kanter really helped their scoring last year - and Adams is now a, i believe 3rd year player, and has shown he can contribute. I actually really like McGary as a bench big too, lol.....but Novak and Morrow can really shoot the 3. Augistin is a good backup PG- and Waiters can score....
I think this Thunder roster is by far the best one they have had. Kanter and Waiters together should put up at least 25 points a night you would think.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team has injury issues- the Bulls are far more serious than the Cavs with Rose and Noah's and Gasol's injury histories.

I have to respectfully disagree that the Cavs are "very beatable". I think that only Chicago has a reasonable chance of upsetting them- and Chicago will never find the Cavs as beatable as last season when the whole roster was new, Blatt was new to the NBA, Love was out, Varejao out, and Kyrie hampered. -And yes- I do realize Gasol was missing for 2 games.
It's the NBA, unless your Jordan's Bulls, you are beatable. And Roses injury history is the only one I'm worried about, but I have been very vocal about my belief that Thibs was a huge part of the injury riddle Bulls the last few years. Hoiberg has already said he's going to give the players rests throughout the season to be ready for the post season and I doubt he runs the team into the ground every game and practice like Thibs did. I think the Bulls are going to surprise people next year. One thing is for sure though, Lebron will be getting all of the calls again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NBA, unless your Jordan's Bulls, you are beatable. And Roses injury history is the only one I'm worried about, but I have been very vocal about my belief that Thibs was a huge part of the injury riddle Bulls the last few years. Hoiberg has already said he's going to give the players rests throughout the season to be ready for the post season and I doubt he runs the team into the ground every game and practice like Thibs did. I think the Bulls are going to surprise people next year. One thing is for sure though, Lebron will be getting all of the calls again.
ha.

Noah looked real beat up in that Cavs series man- and he has had a history of injury issues. I mean- he couldnt even hit a layup. You could have locked him in a gym over night and hed only have 10 points by morning the way he was playing in that series.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this Thunder roster is by far the best one they have had.
Just not good enough to beat your team, eh?

Injuries are likely to decide who comes out of the West. Its all just guessing at this point but man, its hard to see the Spurs losing if they are fully healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not good enough to beat your team, eh?

Injuries are likely to decide who comes out of the West. Its all just guessing at this point but man, its hard to see the Spurs losing if they are fully healthy.
i dunno man...they lost to the Clips last year... i know they added aldridge- but with a little more aging from their big 3- i dont think the Spurs are a sure thing...i put them right on the same level with OKC and GSW...but we shall see.....whatever happens- this coming season should be a lot of fun.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanter really helped their scoring last year - and Adams is now a, i believe 3rd year player, and has shown he can contribute. I actually really like McGary as a bench big too, lol.....but Novak and Morrow can really shoot the 3. Augistin is a good backup PG- and Waiters can score....
I think this Thunder roster is by far the best one they have had. Kanter and Waiters together should put up at least 25 points a night you would think.
Kanter is a black hole big man who can't play defense. He will get in the way more than help. Waiters isn't that special either. The Thunder have always had defensive role players and 3 baller role players. It hasn't really ever helped. This team is no where near as good as the team that went to the finals a few years back. This team will lack ball movement with players like KD, Kanter, Waiters, and Westbrook to a smaller degree. I foresee a lot of ISO play and it will become predictable. Even with as talented of scorers that they have, it just won't work. Meanwhile, with Kanter on d, the back door will always be open.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha.

Noah looked real beat up in that Cavs series man- and he has had a history of injury issues. I mean- he couldnt even hit a layup. You could have locked him in a gym over night and hed only have 10 points by morning the way he was playing in that series.
Yep, that's what's so good about injuries and wear and tear. They heal if you let them. Thibs never let them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man...they lost to the Clips last year... i know they added aldridge- but with a little more aging from their big 3- i dont think the Spurs are a sure thing...i put them right on the same level with OKC and GSW...but we shall see.....whatever happens- this coming season should be a lot of fun.
Tony Parker looked terrible at the end of last year. Honestly the Spurs big 3 right now is Tony Parker, LA and Leonard. Duncan just needs to show up in the playoffs like he always does and West and Ginobli are depth. I think if Im the Cavs then the two teams that scare me are the Spurs and Thunder. They matchup fairly well with the Warriors, Clippers and Rockets but the Spurs have so many options and the Thunder's Big 3 could easily outplay the Cavs big 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Parker looked terrible at the end of last year. Honestly the Spurs big 3 right now is Tony Parker, LA and Leonard. Duncan just needs to show up in the playoffs like he always does and West and Ginobli are depth. I think if Im the Cavs then the two teams that scare me are the Spurs and Thunder. They matchup fairly well with the Warriors, Clippers and Rockets but the Spurs have so many options and the Thunder's Big 3 could easily outplay the Cavs big 3.

I dont think any 3 guys in the world could easily outplay any big 3 that had LeBron in it....and ill take Love over Ibaka (or Kanter) any day of the week and twice on sundays

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any 3 guys in the world could easily outplay any big 3 that had LeBron in it....and ill take Love over Ibaka (or Kanter) any day of the week and twice on sundays
Lebron is arguably past his prime or his shot is just jacked up right now. One of the two. Westbrook could give Irving issues and he could blow by traps. Love and Ibaka are mostly a push. Love is the better rebounder and Ibaka the better rebounder but they can both shoot.

Its probably the Cavs worst matchup if Durant becomes the best player in the world next year

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is arguably past his prime or his shot is just jacked up right now. One of the two. Westbrook could give Irving issues and he could blow by traps. Love and Ibaka are mostly a push. Love is the better rebounder and Ibaka the better defender but they can both shoot.

Its probably the Cavs worst matchup if Durant becomes the best player in the world next year
FIFY.

I see what you mean as players, but I would hope the thunder don't put Ibaka on Love. If they did, it would neutralize Ibaka's rim protection. Love would just play like a stretch four and pull Ibaka out on the perimeter giving Lebron and Irving an easier lane to the basket. Ibaka would be needed closer to the paint, so if I were the Thunders HC, I would put Ibaka on Mozgov/Thompson/Varejao and let the other big guard Love. Love would probably have some big games, but Ibaka is needed to protect the rim on that Thunder team.

The big reason I think the Cavs would win that series is Lebron is a very good defender and will be able to effect Durants offense. I'm not so sure Durant can do that to Lebron and that defensive matchup is almost inevitable for large periods of time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY.

I see what you mean as players, but I would hope the thunder don't put Ibaka on Love. If they did, it would neutralize Ibaka's rim protection. Love would just play like a stretch four and pull Ibaka out on the perimeter giving Lebron and Irving an easier lane to the basket. Ibaka would be needed closer to the paint, so if I were the Thunders HC, I would put Ibaka on Mozgov/Thompson/Varejao and let the other big guard Love. Love would probably have some big games, but Ibaka is needed to protect the rim on that Thunder team.

The big reason I think the Cavs would win that series is Lebron is a very good defender and will be able to effect Durants offense. I'm not so sure Durant can do that to Lebron and that defensive matchup is almost inevitable for large periods of time.
You think Kanter or Adams could guard Love way out on the 3 pt line? NO WAY....put him in a pick and pop with LeBron or Kyrie and its straight murder- not too mention Mozgov or Tristan going insane on the offensive glass with no center helping Ibaka rebound.

i mean- you just ran into why Love is so darn valuable to the Cavs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Kanter or Adams could guard Love way out on the 3 pt line? NO WAY....put him in a pick and pop with LeBron or Kyrie and its straight murder- not too mention Mozgov or Tristan going insane on the offensive glass with no center helping Ibaka rebound.

i mean- you just ran into why Love is so darn valuable to the Cavs.
Yep, I forgot about Adams though. I guess Adams could protect the rim with Ibaka out on the perimeter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your point with Ibaka can also extend to Lebron. A lot of teams just put a 3 and D guy on Lebron and sometimes Lebron would move around to other players on defense and certainly he has stellar help defense. Durant would keep Lebron locked onto Durant.

Cavs/Thunder needs to be the Xmas game