• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Lynch is considering retirement

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF and that's a BIG IF that happens how much space would that free up cap wise ? And would that seriously open up the possibility of Seattle adding Suh to that D line ?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save 7m if he retires.

Suh is very unlikely to leave the Lions. I'd be stunned if they don't lock him up with a franchise tag if nothing else.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven million for a FA WR or to front load the hell out of Wilson's contract.

Not the end of the world. Would prefer to have him back, though. I wonder if "Shawn, you would have one more year to be a pain in Goodell's ass." would be a good sales tactic for him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is about his money. He'll be here next year, and according to Schneider, he'll be getting a raise. I think he may hold out of camp until the third PS game, and the team and he will have a sort of silent agreement until then.

All the while, IF he will return will be a big story.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to weigh in if you guys don't mind.

You don't? Well then...

Lynch is NOT retiring. This is a ploy to garner attention. I think it's been proven that as much as this ha become a passing league; successful teams still have potent running attacks.

He isn't retiring and we ALL know that.

Au revoir

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I do not see him walking away from millions. If and when he does, we will deal with it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to weigh in if you guys don't mind.

You don't? Well then...

Lynch is NOT retiring. This is a ploy to garner attention. I think it's been proven that as much as this ha become a passing league; successful teams still have potent running attacks.

He isn't retiring and we ALL know that.

Au revoir

I agree but would replace "attention" with "money" -- playing hard to get is probably going to result in the Seahawks coming to the phone with an extension that has a nice signing bonus to convince him to come back. Or at least that's what the Lynch camp thinks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn is motivated by his foundation and his work with disadvantaged youths in Oakland.

Yes, that means money means something to him as a fair amount of it goes to that.
He also reportedly has issues with the coaching staff/front office. Probably wasn't happy with what happened going into last year with the negotiations.

Mike Rob says he's trying to decide if his body can go through another year of this. We know he had back issues and problems going down the stretch. How many times did we see him stretching out on a training table? He missed plays and whole series on several occasions and missed at least one whole quarter. His back has been a problem for his whole career and it isn't getting better with the year after year pounding he takes.

Lynch plays a particularly physical and punishing style of running. It's easy for us to say he will go for the money, but none of us knows just how down his body is after this season.

Those trying to find the silver lining of how to spend that 7m (which isn't really the whole story) are fooling themselves. If he leaves that offense loses the glue that held it together.

As for 7m, that's just what's on the books. I'm sure RS knows if Lynch does come back he's going to have to give him more and has that somewhat planned. It is 7m off the existing books, but really more because of however much they have factored into not spending to give him that raise for next year. Their flexibility for picking up a big play maker would be well over that 7m because of it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn is motivated by his foundation and his work with disadvantaged youths in Oakland.

Yes, that means money means something to him as a fair amount of it goes to that.
He also reportedly has issues with the coaching staff/front office. Probably wasn't happy with what happened going into last year with the negotiations.

Mike Rob says he's trying to decide if his body can go through another year of this. We know he had back issues and problems going down the stretch. How many times did we see him stretching out on a training table? He missed plays and whole series on several occasions and missed at least one whole quarter. His back has been a problem for his whole career and it isn't getting better with the year after year pounding he takes.

Lynch plays a particularly physical and punishing style of running. It's easy for us to say he will go for the money, but none of us knows just how down his body is after this season.

Those trying to find the silver lining of how to spend that 7m (which isn't really the whole story) are fooling themselves. If he leaves that offense loses the glue that held it together.

As for 7m, that's just what's on the books. I'm sure RS knows if Lynch does come back he's going to have to give him more and has that somewhat planned. It is 7m off the existing books, but really more because of however much they have factored into not spending to give him that raise for next year. Their flexibility for picking up a big play maker would be well over that 7m because of it.

Losing Lynch would hurt, but I'm not ready to say the offense is toast, if he leaves. It would mean the offense would most likely change some. I would expect that the Seahawks to either improve the OL, so that Turbin and Michael can produce or go get a better receiving corp, or both.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is still in his prime. There is zero chance he leaves 10s of millions on the table.

... and LEAVE SUH ALONE dammit !! He's staying with us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is still in his prime. There is zero chance he leaves 10s of millions on the table.

Lynch misses most practices and in the last third of the season missed substantial game time for stretches. His back problems aren't a fabrication. He takes as much abuse as any other player in the league, maybe more. He has to weigh for himself how likely he is to survive another full year of this pounding.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if Lynch does call it quits all i can say is thanks Goodell and the media, yep you are the reason for the retiring of one of the most electric RB in NFL history, bravo.

ok all jokes aside i do believe the Hawks will be ok with Turbin and Michael, sure they (the Seahawks)wont be what they are now but that is a gimme. There wont be another RB like Marshawn in our lifetime. Sure there will be power backs but not like Beast mode. There will be elusive backs but not like Beast mode ( run you over or make you miss big time ) but Turbin has shown he is capable of getting 4.4 YPC or better and Michael's just needs to learn to hold onto the ball. Turbin is also a great blocker and receiver. Sure we wont see Beast Quake 3.0 or those shake your head in disbelief type runs but you do not need those types of runs to be winners. They just make it more fun :) I hope he stays for 2 more years but if Lynch does walk away all i can say is THANK YOU BEAST MODE!!!! and that doesn't feel good enough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I don't blame you for saying that... Suh is a rare talent for sure... It's gonna be tough for Detroit to give all that guaranteed money though... will be interesting to see how it play's out...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save 7m if he retires.

Suh is very unlikely to leave the Lions. I'd be stunned if they don't lock him up with a franchise tag if nothing else.

I don't think Suh gets tagged as it would hit their cap for 26.5 mil or something completely outragous. A restructure but I don't think Suh wants to go that route.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Suh on the Jags next year. They have like 61 million to spend under the cap.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have a lot of open cap space as well, but he wants to only play for a contender.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have a lot of open cap space as well, but he wants to only play for a contender.

So he says. If that was true, he should stay with the Lions, they seem to be headed in the right direction.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be staying there. He just wants money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he stays. He opted out of contract that paid him a boatload I believe. He's going to some team with a lot of cap room IMO. It would be cool IMO if he did resign however.