• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Jimmy G sucks now?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is okay but he isn't a #1 go to guy. He's a good veteran presence for Samuel and Bourne who struggled some before he got there. Garrapolo's go to is Kittle and that isn't likely to change anytime soon. The young guys may develop though and this playoff experience should help them.

I think with another year in the system Sanders can be a # 1 type as could Bourne. Yes, Kittle certainly was and should be Garrapolo's main target

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear what @HammerDown syndrome has to say about this? After all he constantly reminded us how the NE FO made a big mistake keeping the most over rated, old, system QB with *6 SB rings over Jimmy G. :crazy:

I do remember this talk for sure. As of right now they made the right move. Next year should be very interesting

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so freaking obvious. It was a crap throw, and he will have chances to make them in the future. But the whole narrative changes if he just connects on one throw and then Andy Reid is the biggest choker ever and Mahomes is soft and Shanahan is the new Belicheck

I mean Mahomes threw a terrible deep ball too. Just so happened Tyreke Hill was so wide open he could stand and wait for it for a full 3 seconds.

I'd like to know who's bright idea that was. "Hey guys, we have a lead in the 4th. Let's leave a safety one on one with Tyreke Hill to make things interesting"

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spotrac2.png
Fame can be a fickle mistress. (images courtesy of Spotrac).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EPz4t1sUcAADL1N
Marco...

Polo...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep saying this bullshit
Because I haven't seen it? His biggest notch is winning in New Orleans because he threw a 2 yard out route to Kittle who turned it into one the best run after catches all season. Guy relies on his first read and his playmakers turning it into YAC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I haven't seen it? His biggest notch is winning in New Orleans because he threw a 2 yard out route to Kittle who turned it into one the best run after catches all season. Guy relies on his first read and his playmakers turning it into YAC.
Yep

ProFootballTalk: Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback
Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback

"Garoppolo didn’t. Setting aside stats and records and analytics and everything else, the ability to deliver with a Lombardi on the line becomes the ultimate litmus test for a Super Bowl quarterback. Opportunity knocked loud and hard and clear, and Garoppolo didn’t answer.

In a game that many like to make more complex than it is (so that fans will then turn to them for answers when the questions get a little complicated), this one is simple: The brass ring is within reach. Do you grab it?"

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

ProFootballTalk: Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback
Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback

"Garoppolo didn’t. Setting aside stats and records and analytics and everything else, the ability to deliver with a Lombardi on the line becomes the ultimate litmus test for a Super Bowl quarterback. Opportunity knocked loud and hard and clear, and Garoppolo didn’t answer.

In a game that many like to make more complex than it is (so that fans will then turn to them for answers when the questions get a little complicated), this one is simple: The brass ring is within reach. Do you grab it?"
The brass ring analogy is a good one. Fwiw, Russell Wilson in that game A) puts more than 20 points on the board and B) never lets Mahomes back on the field with 5 mins left to play and the lead. Whether he runs, passes or whatever. I'm not talking about that deep throw either. Throw that play out the window. But good QBs find a way to win.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brass ring analogy is a good one. Fwiw, Russell Wilson in that game A) puts more than 20 points on the board and B) never lets Mahomes back on the field with 5 mins left to play and the lead. Whether he runs, passes or whatever. I'm not talking about that deep throw either. Throw that play out the window. But good QBs find a way to win.
:agree:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now? I think a lot of people have always said Jimmy G wasn't a good QB. He got a Matt Flynn contract and then did have a great half (3/4's?) season. But he was never a top QB IMO. Does he suck? No, not IMO, but he was never very good either :2cents:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so freaking obvious. It was a crap throw, and he will have chances to make them in the future. But the whole narrative changes if he just connects on one throw and then Andy Reid is the biggest choker ever and Mahomes is soft and Shanahan is the new Belicheck

It's very difficult to get back to a SB so that moment...he could very well never experience again but he can improve as a whole, no doubt. The fact is Jimmy G is very average at best and how well that Niners team played around him is hard to do more than once. They are young and have talent but Jimmy G will have to vastly improve unless the Niners duplicate what they did, will be tough to do but possible.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now? I think a lot of people have always said Jimmy G wasn't a good QB. He got a Matt Flynn contract and then did have a great half (3/4's?) season. But he was never a top QB IMO. Does he suck? No, not IMO, but he was never very good either :2cents:

Right, this basically where I am at too. And its fair for the 49ers to wonder if they can do better honestly

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

What's the main point of that article? I'm too lazy to read it. LOL. Just looking at the title, couldn't we say that about almost any Super Bowl? Yes, many Super Bowl-losing QB's probably missed a throw or two. Maybe Tom Brady missed a throw in both of the losses to the Giants. Russell Wilson may have missed a throw in the loss to the Patriots. Perhaps Peyton had a bad throw against the Saints.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good QB's find a way to lose a Super Bowl, too. And good QB's can struggle very badly in the Super Bowl as well (and some of them win even if they don't play well). After all, one team has to win and one team has to lose, and the narratives will follow. These are just sportswriters who need to make a story about something because it's their job to do so. I'm not sure there is any absolute truth we can get from it that would be of any predictive value as to what would happen in the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good QB's find a way to lose a Super Bowl, too. And good QB's can struggle very badly in the Super Bowl as well (and some of them win even if they don't play well). After all, one team has to win and one team has to lose, and the narratives will follow. These are just sportswriters who need to make a story about something because it's their job to do so. I'm not sure there is any absolute truth we can get from it that would be of any predictive value as to what would happen in the future.
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Actually, I'm trying to argue against that. We love to look at results and say that it meant this or it meant that based on what we already believed going in. People who think Russell Wilson isn't truly a great QB will point to the interception against the Patriots as proof. What's closer to the truth is that data from Super Bowl games for any particular player is so small that it doesn't actually tell us as much as we want to believe it does.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

Is the title of that article really just being Captain Obvious? All Super Bowl-losing QB's (at least in games that were close enough) probably missed a big throw that could've changed things.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Actually, I'm trying to argue against that. We love to look at results and say that it meant this or it meant that based on what we already believed going in. People who think Russell Wilson isn't truly a great QB will point to the interception against the Patriots as proof. What's closer to the truth is that data from Super Bowl games for any particular player is so small that it doesn't actually tell us as much as we want to believe it does.
What ppl dont realize that year lynch had 5 other carries on the 1 yard line, he lost yards or was stuffed on 4 of them. Small sample size, but no one thinks that way.