• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, is the B12 safe for another year or two?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to TCU in '14. TCU had every right to be in the playoff and they got snubbed. What did TCU do? Rather than bitch and whine about being snubbed, all they did was go out and embarrass the ever living shit out of the SEC's #1 scoring defense by routing Ole Miss and making it look easy. TCU clearly deserved to be in the playoff in '14 without a doubt.
Same in 2010. Instead of whining they went to the Rose Bowl and beat fatboy.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is for either one team to be dominate or 2 very strong teams. The Pac and ACC are considered weak right now. Clemson is holding up the ACC, so they're in better shape. The PAC, is considered very weak and had the BIG not dominated, the Bowls last year. They would also be considered weak. It's all branding or perception.

Four teams have been the dominate teams in the playoffs
Bama, OU, Clemson and OSU

This is what makes a conference strong. One team or 2 strong teams. The SEC has had Bama and now with UGA making a strong push, they seem viable. Take Bama away from the SEC, take Clemson away from the ACC, take OSU out of the Big10 or take OU away from the BigXII. Then each conference gets a different look.

Finnz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think the Big 12 is in a pretty favorable position for the long run. All you really need is 2 great programs in a conference - the big 12 has that in OU and Texas and the big 12 currently brings in plenty of money. What's the problem? The Big 12 has fielded a playoff team 3X and will eventually win it, OU was really close to winning it last year. The format of a 10 team conference with a 9 conference game schedule is by far the best for the teams and fans. I think the added conference championship game is dumb, but if your going to have one it should be the 2 best teams in the conference playing in it - the big 12 format will always provide for that, unlike every other conference. It appears to me that big 12 has moved past the stigma of losing some of it's members. It has moved past the stigma of not being able to get a team into the playoff. It also seems that for the most part those other conferences regret expanding.

I don't think OU and Texas plan on going anywhere which means the big 12 isn't going anywhere. Additionally, OU and Texas don't really fit into another conference either.
*SEC is already too big and has too many powerhouses - this move wouldn't be good for the health of CFB
*The Big 10 presents travel and cultural conflicts - this would be the worst move for either school
*The PAC might be the best fit, but I dont see how it makes OU or Texas's current situation any better than what it currently is
*The ACC is a non-starter

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was commissioner of the Big 12, I would invite the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Memphis Tigers. FedEx would play a crap load of money to get Memphis into the Big 12. Cincinnati would give West Virginia a true travel partner.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen him coach ? oh yes it does

He asked for more money. WV didn't feel like he was worth it.

Houston feels like he is worth it … end of story...

who is right -- we will find out in about 3 years (probably both right now)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching that Baylol/TCU game.

Baylol won at home, on a last second kick, that was granted by a last quarter ref trick or two.

TCU MIGHT have beat anyone that year in the post-season. They had it all.

Those fuckers should have lost to us. They literally led the game for like 13 seconds.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming that WVU is Gonzo after 2023.

With that, we move, get UCF, Houston and Mizzou.

A pipe dream is Mizzou, Arkie and LSU

You are high as a kite! How on earth would the Big 12 manage stealing a single team away from the SEC, much less 3 of them?

Why would any of those 3 want to leave the SEC, much less go to the Big 12?

And why would the Big 12 take Houston? Doesn't add anything to their media footprint.

You might boot WVU, I can see why you would want to. But you only have 10 schools right now, and I can guarantee you that no one is wanting to leave the SEC or the B1G or the ACC or the PAC to join the Big 12.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think the Big 12 is in a pretty favorable position for the long run. All you really need is 2 great programs in a conference - the big 12 has that in OU and Texas and the big 12 currently brings in plenty of money. What's the problem? The Big 12 has fielded a playoff team 3X and will eventually win it, OU was really close to winning it last year. The format of a 10 team conference with a 9 conference game schedule is by far the best for the teams and fans. I think the added conference championship game is dumb, but if your going to have one it should be the 2 best teams in the conference playing in it - the big 12 format will always provide for that, unlike every other conference. It appears to me that big 12 has moved past the stigma of losing some of it's members. It has moved past the stigma of not being able to get a team into the playoff. It also seems that for the most part those other conferences regret expanding.

I don't think OU and Texas plan on going anywhere which means the big 12 isn't going anywhere. Additionally, OU and Texas don't really fit into another conference either.
*SEC is already too big and has too many powerhouses - this move wouldn't be good for the health of CFB
*The Big 10 presents travel and cultural conflicts - this would be the worst move for either school
*The PAC might be the best fit, but I dont see how it makes OU or Texas's current situation any better than what it currently is
*The ACC is a non-starter

The best thing going for the Big 12, is that no one wants any of the Big 12 schools, outside of Texas, but UT is such a huge headache, no one is willing to give them what they want, either. So the Big 12 will survive.

ACC is trying to survive as a bb conf for the most part, and they will survive, probably, but I'm not sure they will long term? But right now at 14 football schools, they are set for now. And it really helps that Clemson is doing well in football.

The SEC maybe shouldn't have expanded to 14, but they did, and they are not going to downsize. LEGIT conferences do not kick members out. They have to buy out. SEC may regret bringing in Mizzou, but they aren't going to kick them out. Mizzou may not realize they are the outsider no one wants, but they are happy being in the SEC.

The B1G does not regret expanding, and the fact you think they do, shows that you do not understand what is really going on. The B1G is in the best position of all the conferences, but no one will admit as much.

The PAC would be the best fit for OU/UT, if they moved anywhere, but unless UT/OU is getting a larger share of the revenue in the Big 12, the PAC teams are far more legit than all of the nobodies that make up the rest of the Big 12, and the B1G schools are even more legit. So it will depend on how much control UT wants as to where they move or remain and of course their bitch OU will do whatever UT does.

Finnz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing going for the Big 12, is that no one wants any of the Big 12 schools, outside of Texas, but UT is such a huge headache, no one is willing to give them what they want, either. So the Big 12 will survive.

ACC is trying to survive as a bb conf for the most part, and they will survive, probably, but I'm not sure they will long term? But right now at 14 football schools, they are set for now. And it really helps that Clemson is doing well in football.

The SEC maybe shouldn't have expanded to 14, but they did, and they are not going to downsize. LEGIT conferences do not kick members out. They have to buy out. SEC may regret bringing in Mizzou, but they aren't going to kick them out. Mizzou may not realize they are the outsider no one wants, but they are happy being in the SEC.

The B1G does not regret expanding, and the fact you think they do, shows that you do not understand what is really going on. The B1G is in the best position of all the conferences, but no one will admit as much.

The PAC would be the best fit for OU/UT, if they moved anywhere, but unless UT/OU is getting a larger share of the revenue in the Big 12, the PAC teams are far more legit than all of the nobodies that make up the rest of the Big 12, and the B1G schools are even more legit. So it will depend on how much control UT wants as to where they move or remain and of course their bitch OU will do whatever UT does.

So basically your hot take is no one wants any big 12 school outside of UT including blue blood OU who also has a great all around athletic's or bball blueblood KU. OUs is a bitch and the Big 10 is greatest in the land....

You seem like a dipshit, dumbass, or troll most likely all 3. I don't wast my time debating with the former. Enjoy the rust belt conference! What great additions Rutgers and Maryland have been.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

All that matters is my team, and they'll find a place somewhere

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it will depend on how much control UT wants as to where they move or remain and of course their bitch OU will do whatever UT does.
Good gawd...where does everyone get the idea that Oklahoma goes along lockstep with what Texas wants? Those suckers are independent and stubborn as hell. In fact, they'll go out of their way just to piss Texas off...even if it isn't in their own best interest. You've got to remember, they are land thieves and ain't beholding to anyone for nuttin'.

And Deloss Dodds was the huge headache and a royal pain in the ass. He's gone. Del Conte ain't Dodds.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For your families sake I hope you aren’t such a fn moron in real life.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Well it doesn't help that WV is losing their coach to a G5 school.