• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, is the B12 safe for another year or two?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a football board not a research grant or basketball board...

While I am happy you got a grant or play good Basketball --- on this board I do not care. You can go into almost any major town thru out the world and find an OU fan base that meets up for every football game...

That may be true. But a media footprint, does not take those kinds of things into account. You do understand this, don't you? The only exception right now is probably Notre Dame.

A media footprint, as far as TV contracts are concerned, only include demographics that can be PROVEN to exist, and that can be quantified. Something like population of a state or city. There are exceptions, like I mentioned with Notre Dame, so it's possible, if OU officials could PROVE the existence of such fans around the country, that they could get more money in TV deals. But other schools also have very large alumni bases.

And the # of UMn alumni throughout the country is a far larger # than OU alumni, it's one of the largest alumni bases in the country.

And if you think Minnesotans don't like football? lol There are tons of Vikings fans out there, many who would LOVE for the Gopher's football program to FINALLY start kicking tail. If or when it does, bandwagon fans will pop up all over the country.

Minnesota is the home of St John's University, one of the best Div 3 football programs EVER. NDSU is located just a few miles from the Minnesota border, and where do you think NDSU gets most of it's players from? The MIAC is one of the top Div 3 football conferences in the country. Some of the smallest schools to have football programs in the country are schools located in Minnesota. Some of the greatest football players in the history of football came out of Minnesota.

Our problem was simple. Football hating liberals gained too much control over the University of Minnesota back in the 50s and 60s and the negative effects on the football program almost destroyed football at UMn forever. They were wanting to dump it like Chicago did. The surprise Natl Title they won in 1960 is the only thing that saved the program.

I get it, football is all you got in Oklahoma. So the last thing you want to read is some Minnesota fan telling you football isn't the end all and be all that you seem to think it is.

Hey, don't worry, Football will be King for several more decades, and the UT/OU combo is strong enough to keep the Big 12 alive no matter who the other schools are in the conference, and combined are attractive enough to get the Pac or the SEC or the B1G to be open to taking the two of you in, so maybe as long as you are alive, you should be fine? As long as your current coach sticks around, at least.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically your hot take is no one wants any big 12 school outside of UT including blue blood OU who also has a great all around athletic's or bball blueblood KU. OUs is a bitch and the Big 10 is greatest in the land....

You seem like a dipshit, dumbass, or troll most likely all 3. I don't wast my time debating with the former. Enjoy the rust belt conference! What great additions Rutgers and Maryland have been.

Let's put it in another perspective: If the B1G had the opportunity to add TX and OU but had to drop 2 current members, they would drop Minnesota and Nebby in 2 seconds.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true. But a media footprint, does not take those kinds of things into account. You do understand this, don't you? The only exception right now is probably Notre Dame.

A media footprint, as far as TV contracts are concerned, only include demographics that can be PROVEN to exist, and that can be quantified. Something like population of a state or city. There are exceptions, like I mentioned with Notre Dame, so it's possible, if OU officials could PROVE the existence of such fans around the country, that they could get more money in TV deals. But other schools also have very large alumni bases.

And the # of UMn alumni throughout the country is a far larger # than OU alumni, it's one of the largest alumni bases in the country.

And if you think Minnesotans don't like football? lol There are tons of Vikings fans out there, many who would LOVE for the Gopher's football program to FINALLY start kicking tail. If or when it does, bandwagon fans will pop up all over the country.

Minnesota is the home of St John's University, one of the best Div 3 football programs EVER. NDSU is located just a few miles from the Minnesota border, and where do you think NDSU gets most of it's players from? The MIAC is one of the top Div 3 football conferences in the country. Some of the smallest schools to have football programs in the country are schools located in Minnesota. Some of the greatest football players in the history of football came out of Minnesota.

Our problem was simple. Football hating liberals gained too much control over the University of Minnesota back in the 50s and 60s and the negative effects on the football program almost destroyed football at UMn forever. They were wanting to dump it like Chicago did. The surprise Natl Title they won in 1960 is the only thing that saved the program.

I get it, football is all you got in Oklahoma. So the last thing you want to read is some Minnesota fan telling you football isn't the end all and be all that you seem to think it is.

Hey, don't worry, Football will be King for several more decades, and the UT/OU combo is strong enough to keep the Big 12 alive no matter who the other schools are in the conference, and combined are attractive enough to get the Pac or the SEC or the B1G to be open to taking the two of you in, so maybe as long as you are alive, you should be fine? As long as your current coach sticks around, at least.

And all you have in Minnesota is snow, cold weather and a crap load of huge mosquitos.

Props on that...

See, 2 can play that game, rather easily...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"dipshit, dumbass, or troll"??? lol you are too funny. Ok, for the time being, let's exclude OU and UT from the conversation. What does Baylor or Texas Tech or Kansas St or Oklahoma St or TCU or Kansas or Kansas St offer that would make them attractive to another conference?

TCU - resides in a major TV market and in area and state that provides rich, fertile recruiting grounds. School has a shit ton of money and good academics

Okie jr - Decent TV market average to below average recruiting grounds, but borders the state of Texas.

KU - good TV market (KU owns the KC market, not MIZZWHO), below average recruiting grounds, AAU school, historic and legendary basketball program. Currently makes an additional $7M a year off their 3rd tier rights.

Texas Tech - rich, fertile recruiting grounds, school has a shit ton of money

Baylor - rich, fertile recruiting grounds, school has a shit ton of money and good academics

KSU - shit out of luck

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU - resides in a major TV market and in area and state that provides rich, fertile recruiting grounds. School has a shit ton of money and good academics

Okie jr - Decent TV market average to below average recruiting grounds, but borders the state of Texas.

KU - good TV market (KU owns the KC market, not MIZZWHO), below average recruiting grounds, AAU school, historic and legendary basketball program. Currently makes an additional $7M a year off their 3rd tier rights.

Baylor - rich, fertile recruiting grounds, school has a shit ton of money and good academics

KSU - shit out of luck

Yeah, these other conferences would love to get their foot into the Texas recruiting door. If Texas was dumb enough to go to the big ten, the SEC could add Tech and TCU and have 3 teams in the state, thus making it SEC territory. Adding all of Texas to their already rich recruiting footprint would spell doom for the rest of the country.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it in another perspective: If the B1G had the opportunity to add TX and OU but had to drop 2 current members, they would drop Minnesota and Nebby in 2 seconds.

You are HIGH AS A KITE and dumber than a box of rocks.

Minnesota is EASILY one of the Top half of the B1G in valuation.

Minnesota has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the ENTIRE SEC combined, and I'm sure if I looked it up, the same would be true of the Big 12, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota is a Top Ten Rated Public Research University. Can OU even claim Top 100 status?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all you have in Minnesota is snow, cold weather and a crap load of huge mosquitos.

Props on that...

See, 2 can play that game, rather easily...

And we have the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area and a boatload of Fortune 500 companies based here.

We have ALL FIVE of the Major League Sports competing here.

We are hosting the Final Four this year. Has Oklahoma ever hosted ANYTHING???

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area and a boatload of Fortune 500 companies based here.

We have ALL FIVE of the Major League Sports competing here.

We are hosting the Final Four this year. Has Oklahoma ever hosted ANYTHING???

I can do this ALL DAY bro. lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KSU - shit out of luck

What do you qualify as being "good academics"??? Because you are talking to a fan of a B1G school, and as a whole, the B1G is the standard to which all other conferences outside of the Ivy league strives to be like.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, these other conferences would love to get their foot into the Texas recruiting door. If Texas was dumb enough to go to the big ten, the SEC could add Tech and TCU and have 3 teams in the state, thus making it SEC territory. Adding all of Texas to their already rich recruiting footprint would spell doom for the rest of the country.

I don't think the SEC would add Tech and TCU. They've already got TAMU. Adding more teams in Texas does not expand their media footprint and I think the added recruiting advantages would not make up for what the SEC would lose in other facets of the expansion game.

Better to add Cincy and gain the Ohio media footprint, and a good bb team and a football team, that once in a P5 conference, would improve. As for who the 2nd addition would be? Not sure? Maybe just one of those 2 Texas teams?

Conferences used to like having 2 schools from the same state, because of the heated rivalries, but nowadays, that is the last thing they want, to double up on the same state.

And you seem to suffer from the same thinking as others, thinking it's all about football. If Texas moved to the B1G, it would be, in part, to get in on the Research Grant money that the B1G is in on. And yes, there would be a few negatives involved in making such a move, and hence one reason why it hasn't happened yet, but there are also some positives that would come from making the move, and why it's been considered and discussed.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big12 is fairly stable right now. A lot of teams in the PAC are not happy. I don’t think any will leave but there r internal problems there.

Neither OU nor Texas are interested in the PAC as long as Scott is there. Neither team trust him.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big12 is fairly stable right now. A lot of teams in the PAC are not happy. I don’t think any will leave but there r internal problems there.

Neither OU nor Texas are interested in the PAC as long as Scott is there. Neither team trust him.

I've heard rumblings about something negative going on in the Pac and Scott was named as the major issue, so I'd agree with you. And I honestly don't want to see either the Pac or the Big 12 disband. Don't think that would be good for cfb in any way. And I don't want to see the B1G expand anymore, either.

The only thing I would like to see is for a couple schools to move to P5, like Cincy and maybe UNLV, possibly UCF and Memphis? Boise St and BYU maybe? Just don't know what conference would want any of them, outside of Cincy. That is the one school I that I really think would add something to any conference other than the B1G.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For dummies that think Arkansas and LSU will leave SEC to go to Big 12, think again

Arkansas is a middling team in the SEC and make $60,500,000 from rights and licensing(this is where conference payouts are included)

LSU make $62,200,000.

In the Big 12, the middling teams make, both schools make at least $6,000,000 more than Oklahoma.

Kansas $45,959,000
ok State 45,334,000
Iowa State 44,522,000
K State 44,144,000
T Tech 42,884,000
West Virginia 42,509.000

So, Arkansas and LSU will take a $16,000,000 pay cut? That is only if the President and AD of the schools want to be fired.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 may be up for sale

So, the P12 has been suffering lately and has entertained the idea of taking on investors. I wonder, how would this affect the drive toward a real playoff system?

Want to buy a stake in the Pac-12 Conference? It’s exploring taking on private equity partners.

Wow, there is a lot of completely made up numbers in their projections.

The one important number that Scott is pitching is an immediate infusion of $40,000,000 to each school. Looks like a bribe or payoff to me. Said Larry Scott, "I am not failing, look, someone else's money." Larry would keep the remaining $20,000,000 for himself.

I would love to see this get pitched on Shark Tank. To the investors, don't look behind the curtain. Don't ask them to open their kimonos. Just trust them.

This looks like a pitch to the egos that make up Silicon Valley and how they can now own a piece of an NCAA football conference.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC 12 is not in as nearly as bad of shape as the ACC.

Louisvill was the highest paid team in the ACC with $41,700,000 in rights and licensing.

Seven schools in the PAC 12 make more than that, and the least paid school in the PAC 12 is Washington State, and they made $38,046,000 in RIghts and Licensing, which is only $3,650,000 less than Louisville.

The PAC 12 is actually growing this disparity over the last three years over the ACC.

I suppose this could change with the ACC Network coming next year.