• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, is the B12 safe for another year or two?

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to step up in a big game after a let down....

See:

2007 West Virginia Mountaineers football team - Wikipedia

tumblr_lyhlmp48Bb1qkwcgy.jpg

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the B12 moves wagons east and picks up some high-profile ACC teams when the conference implosions happen...

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...

here_we_go_again.JPG

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i wouldn't read too much into the UGA performance .... many times when a team just misses out on the conference championship and/or playoff spot, they have an emotional let down ... i think what we saw from them in that game was many players who really didn't care about the game they were playing in and that was UT's championship
um didnt Texas come in with basically the same thing just lost their conference championship game that would have given them a shot at the playoff?
next excuse please

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um didnt Texas come in with basically the same thing just lost their conference championship game that would have given them a shot at the playoff?
next excuse please

Wait, you think if Texas had beat Oklahoma in the conference championship game, they would have gone to the playoffs or had a shot at it?

:lol:

No.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next excuse please
UT could've beat OU by 40 still wouldn't have went to the playoffs. Ohio St. probably would've been in at that point.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you think if Texas had beat Oklahoma in the conference championship game, they would have gone to the playoffs or had a shot at it?

No.

UT could've beat OU by 40 still wouldn't have went to the playoffs. Ohio St. probably would've been in at that point.

I was thinking, Texas would have had to beat OU by 40 in the CCG. I think they would have gone and here is why. Beating down the #4 team by that much could have sparked interest in the committee's eye. You people keep talking about who are the 4 best teams right now; who's to say Texas wouldn't have been the 4th best team in the country after dominating OU like that? Plus, you have to figure that Texas would fit the economic plans for the committee: our allotment of tickets would have sold out in 5 minutes, we travel just like Ohio State, Bama, Clemson do, we would have sold out a fuck ton of hotels and would have made an economic impact at each city. I mean it's not out of the question. For fuck's sake, people were pimping out a 2 loss UGA squad that didn't win their conference as one of the 4 best teams before Texas gave them a beatdown.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking, Texas would have had to beat OU by 40 in the CCG. I think they would have gone and here is why. Beating down the #4 team by that much could have sparked interest in the committee's eye. You people keep talking about who are the 4 best teams right now; who's to say Texas wouldn't have been the 4th best team in the country after dominating OU like that? Plus, you have to figure that Texas would fit the economic plans for the committee: our allotment of tickets would have sold out in 5 minutes, we travel just like Ohio State, Bama, Clemson do, we would have sold out a fuck ton of hotels and would have made an economic impact at each city. I mean it's not out of the question. For fuck's sake, people were pimping out a 2 loss UGA squad that didn't win their conference as one of the 4 best teams before Texas gave them a beatdown.
The economic side of things may be valid but there was no way they were putting in a 3 loss Big 12 champ in over a 1 loss Big 10 champ. All it really would've proved is that OU wasn't as good as people thought and they would've moved on to someone else from a different conference to take the spot.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not factoring the 3rd tier revenue contracts Big 12 schools have. Texas pulls in almost $46M in TV revenue when you factor in 3rd tier. A lot of the other Big 12 schools pull in millions from their 3rd tier contracts as well.

Winner winner bulldog dinner

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The economic side of things may be valid but there was no way they were putting in a 3 loss Big 12 champ in over a 1 loss Big 10 champ. All it really would've proved is that OU wasn't as good as people thought and they would've moved on to someone else from a different conference to take the spot.

It's a stretch that is for sure, but the committee was an ass hair away from putting in a 2 loss non conference champ that definitely had no business being there. Just saying......

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll give you Mizzou right now for a lock of Gundy's mullet and 2 Natty Ice.
I'm from West Texas and therefore a little slow.

Are you saying Mizzou = a lock of Gundy'shair and 2 Natty Ice?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the B12 moves wagons east and picks up some high-profile ACC teams when the conference implosions happen...
Haven't you been listening? The Big 12 is gone once the grant of rights runs out. Gone, poof, vanish....

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stretch that is for sure, but the committee was an ass hair away from putting in a 2 loss non conference champ that definitely had no business being there. Just saying......
In reality I don't think they were THAT close to actually doing it, seemed more like internet fodder than anything and I think that 3rd loss for UT would've completely excluded them from the conversation with tOSU still in the mix.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from West Texas and therefore a little slow.

Are you saying Mizzou = a lock of Gundy'shair and 2 Natty Ice?
Well, tbh, I think my asking price is probably a little high but I figure I can always come down if need be.

BeatPitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

The thinking was that they were DOMINATED by a Texas team that would have had no business being in the Playoff. The same team that was defeated by Oklahoma in the B12 Championship...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thinking was that they were DOMINATED by a Texas team that would have had no business being in the Playoff. The same team that was defeated by Oklahoma in the B12 Championship...

What?