• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is ASU any good?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about them on the radio...they've got a brutal schedule coming up...Wisconsin, Stanford, Notre Dame and USC (not in that order but consecutive). If they sneak by those games they should be top 10 easy...

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I really think they can win double digit games this year.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marion Grice is probably the best RB no one on the East Coast has heard of.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they beat Wisconsin just cuz it's in the desert...B1G teams struggle in the desert...don't know where the rest are played. I listen to Sirius 91 CFB station (great place to catch up on Foosball) and they seem to think they could be a sleeper

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about them on the radio...they've got a brutal schedule coming up...Wisconsin, Stanford, Notre Dame and USC (not in that order but consecutive). If they sneak by those games they should be top 10 easy...

Better be careful asking questions like this. All I did was ask where the defense was in the first drive and got attacked by multiple of their fans for it. Worse than Boise fans ffs.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbd

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be careful asking questions like this. All I did was ask where the defense was in the first drive and got attacked by multiple of their fans for it. Worse than Boise fans ffs.

Didn't you know that everyone is Beano Cook on this website?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the QB Kelly Jim Kelly's son? I know he was a recruit awhile back, just cant remember when/where I saw that.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the QB Kelly Jim Kelly's son? I know he was a recruit awhile back, just cant remember when/where I saw that.

No. Just a kid from Idaho nobody else wanted.

ASU is probably a 9-3 team this year. Maybe 10-2, maybe 8-4, but that general range. If they do better than that, they avoided significant injury and their offensive line is probably significantly better than I think it is, which is pretty middle of the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got two tough games on the road...Stanford and UCLA. ND neutral...I'm saying 9-3 or 10-2 unless shit gets weird

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can clearly picture something like ASU beating Stanford @Furd and then losing @Wazzu, because that's what ASU does.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jury is out. Would not be surprised to see them come out of the up coming gauntlet winning possibly all of those games.

ASU is notorious for starting off the season smoking hot only to shit the bed.

They have the talent on both sides of the ball. AA Will Sutton anchors one of the best d-lines in the country. On offense Kelly has a plethora of weapons.

There is no reason this team should not win the PAC South with 10 wins.

Then again. It is ASU so we never know for sure.

I will say this, the team is a completely different one under HC Todd Graham. He has a FOOTBALL TEAM, emphasize team here. They have a family philosophy that HC Graham has instilled in Tempe. A vast improvement on the coaching staff vs HC Dennis Erickson and his staff.

The Sun Devil team was last in the FBS in penalties in 2011. Last season they were 10th in the FBS in this category on the good side. Last night, one penalty for 5 yards.

They could be a very dangerous team this season and moving forward. We PAC fans have known for years they are an underachievers. But we also know the program is a sleeping giant potentially. If anyone can awake the beast in Tempe it appears to be Graham.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can clearly picture something like ASU beating Stanford @Furd and then losing @Wazzu, because that's what ASU does.

Way to stand by your team, WABLTY. If you've paid any attention, there's a new coach in Tempe and there's a lot of talent on that team. There's a new Athletic Department damn near top to bottom. Can't help but like the way its going. All this does not make them invincible but its does make them a legitimate contender and recognized as such by many in the football world. Prepare yourself for a surprise.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to stand by your team, WABLTY. If you've paid any attention, there's a new coach in Tempe and there's a lot of talent on that team. There's a new Athletic Department damn near top to bottom. Can't help but like the way its going. All this does not make them invincible but its does make them a legitimate contender and recognized as such by many in the football world. Prepare yourself for a surprise.

Cautious optimism and sand bagging are the hallmarks of any long time fan of a less-than-successful team.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what's this stand by your team garbage? I hate blind homers. I think nd is going to lose this week. does that make me a fake fan?