• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if we clinch before Monday

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because in the scenario I pointed out with the Angels getting the wildcard it implies that the Rangers clinch over the weekend, then rest their players in the Angel series against a team gunning for a WC spot. So lets say Rangers take 2 of 3 against Seattle then lose 2 of 3 to the Angels, that's 3-3 to finish. Det has 3 at home vs Balt and 3 at home vs Clev. They own the tiebreaker against Texas so Det would have to go 2-4 over their final 6 to give Texas homefield in a Tex-Det series. That is not very likely.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is that. Rangers have no shot at getting home field and will be knocked out of the 1st round by that Juggernaut Detroit team. It is just inevitable. Rangers are a bunch of losers that will quit at the first opportunity. Oh, great and wise Jaar please forgive me for ever doubting your analysis or insight. Yours is clearly the superior intellect. I bow before your greatness.

:sad:

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep your chin up Ginger the Rangers aren't that bad...

But seriously, just rather avoid the Tigers in the 1st round. That is all.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add a thought to this thread. While some are talking about the Rangers should do this and the Rangers should do that to avoid a particular team I just wonder what team those other squads would rather avoid in the 1st round. Hmmmm. If the Yankees got to play their choice of Detroit, the Rangers or the Angels what team do you think they really, really would not want to face in a short series? If the Tigers got their choice of the Red Sox, Rays or Rangers what team would they not want to face.

The answer is simple. The defending American League Champions. A team that can score 7 runs on anybody, a team that can play superlative defense all over the field and a team that can pitch with the best of them. The Rangers can play any type of game somebody wants to play and prevail. Personally, I don't think any team wants to face them in the first round but most athletes are confident and realize that you have to play the best to get where you want to go.