• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if jim harbaugh.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit talking out of both sides of your ASS!

You just stated that Harbaugh is just a coach, and that its about the players? In your next statement you are praising Dantonio. I thought it was about the players??

I said he stabalized our program. Michigan fans think if harbaugh comes hes guaranteed to be great. Just by showing up. I never once called dantonio our savior. Hes got us winning. But the players he gets helps in alot of that. Dantonio doesnt chase kids for their ratings. He gets kids for his system and turns 2 star kids into stars.

Y

Yapp14

Correct.

Michigan never wanted Miles and has never offered the job to Miles. Miles was viewed with distrust by most of the MI upper echelon. Interesting how perception can be so far apart from reality sometimes. ESPN is often the last entity to trust on behind the scenes type of matters like these.
Not entirely accurate, I am sorry but you are wrong. In 2007, Miles had conversations with both the AD and President of UM about the coaching position. In early December he said he wanted to talk, but needed to wait until his season was over. Keep in mind LSU had a conference and potential NC game to prepare for.

The AD at the time, Bill Martin, who had never hired a football coach, mishandled the discussions and let information leak out. Miles was embarrassed and figured why coach for someone you cannot trust

Y

Yapp14

If taking shots at the team that kicked your ass for the last 50 years make you feel better great. The point is teams don't always get it right when picking a coach and John L Smith and Booby Williams are great examples. I could even have thrown in Saban as he bolted MSU because they couldn't compete nationally or a host of others.

Bringing up basketball at UofM???

Fixating on a team your better than right now shows that they are seriously in your head. Enjoy being better why so preoccupied with UofM?
FACT:

The little brother syndrome is really perpetuated by Sparty fans.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT:

And you wonder why spartan fans hate michigan fans. Plus i find it funny a university of cincy grad has the nerves to call spartans lil brother. YOU DIDNT EVEN GO TO MICHIGAN. so take your shitty cincy football team and have fun playing in a shitty conference.

If were lil brother, i guess big brother got all old and fat and shit since we been kicking your ass ever since that remark. So yup. Younger and stronger

I wish i could think of a name for a cincy fan. But i cant. They are irrelevant.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT:

Also the syndrome is so bad it caused the michigan faithful to spend thousands to sky write over spartan stadium during a game that didnt involve michigan. They were miles away in AA

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Hoke got canned these are the names I have heard...Jim Harbaugh (of course), John Harbaugh, Les Miles, Dave Shaw, Bob Stoops, Dan Mullen, Mike Shanahan, P.J. Fleck (W. Michigan HC), Butch Jones (Tennessee HC), Sean Payton & Lane Kiffin. That's alotta potential coaching candidates.

Names you've heard are different than actual targeted guys who had an acceptable offer from Michigan.

mgoblue

I HAZ OPINIANZ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he stabalized our program.

He made you relevant for the first time since the 60's besides the anomaly known as 1999. MSU has been a perennial around .500 team with the occasional 8 or 9 win season sprinkled in every 8 to ten years until 2010. It will go back to how it was just like every other program that hasn't been able to maintain a run of success historically. You are having a great run, enjoy it because Michigan State will never be a top tier job.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but considering what he's done everywhere he's coached, seems like the odds are in their favor.
He took a talented 49er team downhill this season.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a talented 49er team downhill this season.

After three straight NFC title appearances and one Super Bowl appearance, and being in the playoff hunt up until week 14 this year, I think I can cut him a little slack.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After three straight NFC title appearances and one Super Bowl appearance, and being in the playoff hunt up until week 14 this year, I think I can cut him a little slack.
The guy wears out his welcome very quickly.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do i have to think about sparty for? Theyre not in the news for ALL the wrong reasons. Going to cotton bowl a yr after winning the rose while u guys are looking for your 4th coach in the last decade, staying home for bowl season a yr after losing the bw3 bowl again. Not to mention our hoops program about to make our 18th straight tourney while UM is losing to NJIT and EMU and headed back to the NIT after 2 fluke seasons in 21 yrs. But yeah, why would people talk about the dumpster fire known as michigan. At least u still have softball.

Yea, as a fellow Lions fan I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. Your obsession with Michigan is sad and scary and I'm close to actually feeling sorry for you. No, wait, that last part is a lie. Anyway, seek help my friend! Seek help!!!

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why harbaugh hasn't jumped on this yet? The money is right and he is a Michigan man. Is he fake Michigan man like Kirk is a fake buckeye? I think he goes to Michigan but it sure doesn't feel like a good start.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do i have to think about sparty for? Theyre not in the news for ALL the wrong reasons. Going to cotton bowl a yr after winning the rose while u guys are looking for your 4th coach in the last decade, staying home for bowl season a yr after losing the bw3 bowl again. Not to mention our hoops program about to make our 18th straight tourney while UM is losing to NJIT and EMU and headed back to the NIT after 2 fluke seasons in 21 yrs. But yeah, why would people talk about the dumpster fire known as michigan. At least u still have softball.

Two fluke seasons? Hahahahahaha...man are you PATHETIC. If you want to go there the SAME could be said of your football program. You talk A LOT of shit for a program that even after winning the last two years STILL has a 32% winning percentage vs. Big Brother through 107 games.

It is this shortsightedness and poor math skills that makes MSU grads such easy targets academically speaking. :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why harbaugh hasn't jumped on this yet? The money is right and he is a Michigan man. Is he fake Michigan man like Kirk is a fake buckeye? I think he goes to Michigan but it sure doesn't feel like a good start.
Maybe he also wants the AD job.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because he still has a job to do and two games to coach. No one really expected anything until Dec 29th anyways.