• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if jim harbaugh.....

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder though, Cleaves, how much time to you spend a day thinking about Sparty and how much do you spend dwelling on Michigan?

Dude, it's ALL Spartans think about.

I went to an MSU Christmas concert this year and there were at least two snide references to Ann Arbor/Michigan in there.

I can guarantee that no one in Ann Arbor thinks about East Lansing one fucking bit around Christmas time.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't get him.??

"Wouldn't have been a good fit anyway"

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les got hate because ESPN and other morons made everyone believe that Miles had shunned Michigan. Miles has cleared that up since and now it is mostly understood that Michigan shunned Miles....twice.

Correct.

Michigan never wanted Miles and has never offered the job to Miles. Miles was viewed with distrust by most of the MI upper echelon. Interesting how perception can be so far apart from reality sometimes. ESPN is often the last entity to trust on behind the scenes type of matters like these.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Jim Harbaugh takes the Michigan job, watch all the Spartans collectively wet themselves.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who "knows" exactly what happened the last two searches is a fucking tard.

Can we establish this right now?

No one knows exactly what happened but we certainly know some things that didn't happen like Les Miles was never offered the job either time and Brady Hoke was Dave Brandon's target regardless whether he should have been or not.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows exactly what happened but we certainly know some things that didn't happen like Les Miles was never offered the job either time and Brady Hoke was Dave Brandon's target regardless whether he should have been or not.

:thumb:

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2007/12/miles_old_um_teammates_are_liv.html

It's a long but enlightening article about the '07 michigan-miles story.

I actually think they should have taken Miles by the way, so I'm not defending Michigan here. Just trying to help people see things more clearly.

Harbaugh to MI is not a long shot. Unlike Miles, they do like Harbaugh. And btw, when you combine coaches salaries, the B1G I believe has but two of the top ten highest, so if it is pathetic to pay a large salary, then they've certainly got company in that category. But it would be pathetic not to try to get a man proven to turn around a college program who also loves the state and the school.

I but the chances of landing Harbaugh at 80-90%

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if bringing up 10 yrs ago for sparty makes u feel better, then more power to you. How many coaches will this be for michigan since dantonio has stabalized our program?

like i said before. The wolvies could hire rod marinelli and the fans would automatically try and tell us all how great he will be. Just like hoke. Then we have to hear the "give him 4 yrs" to turn it around. Sandwiched inbetween the youth excuse. I see belein is using the "youth" excuse already this yr too. guess you gotta say sumthin after 2 good yrs in 21 tho.

If taking shots at the team that kicked your ass for the last 50 years make you feel better great. The point is teams don't always get it right when picking a coach and John L Smith and Booby Williams are great examples. I could even have thrown in Saban as he bolted MSU because they couldn't compete nationally or a host of others.

Bringing up basketball at UofM???

Fixating on a team your better than right now shows that they are seriously in your head. Enjoy being better why so preoccupied with UofM?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the burbling brook brothers band, now playing their latest hit:

"Buy Me Another Miracle"

And if Jim Harbaugh takes the Michigan job, watch all the Spartans collectively wet themselves.

yall really should quit obsessing what/if your owners think about you...

happy holidays
enjoy the bowls

:suds:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be pretty bad if Harbaugh turns it down given the next guy they offer the job to would want the same contract as Harbaugh.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd or 4th choice? We haven't even gotten beyond 1 yet. We have no idea who the 2nd choice is.

Since Hoke got canned these are the names I have heard...Jim Harbaugh (of course), John Harbaugh, Les Miles, Dave Shaw, Bob Stoops, Dan Mullen, Mike Shanahan, P.J. Fleck (W. Michigan HC), Butch Jones (Tennessee HC), Sean Payton & Lane Kiffin. That's alotta potential coaching candidates.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les got hate because ESPN and other morons made everyone believe that Miles had shunned Michigan. Miles has cleared that up since and now it is mostly understood that Michigan shunned Miles....twice.

It was just the other day on mlive dummy. When les said he wasnt interested

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke was Dave Brandon's first choice and the only person he offered the job to. the writing was on the wall from day one of the coaching search 4 years ago that it wasn't going to be Harbaugh or Miles and if Michigan fans got their hopes up for either, they can only blame themselves. A lot of Michigan fans may want Harbaugh but anyone of us who doesn't already know it's a long shot needs their head examined. If he takes the job, fantastic! If he doesn't hopefully who ever we get will be the right guy. I have to wonder though, Cleaves, how much time to you spend a day thinking about Sparty and how much do you spend dwelling on Michigan?

What do i have to think about sparty for? Theyre not in the news for ALL the wrong reasons. Going to cotton bowl a yr after winning the rose while u guys are looking for your 4th coach in the last decade, staying home for bowl season a yr after losing the bw3 bowl again. Not to mention our hoops program about to make our 18th straight tourney while UM is losing to NJIT and EMU and headed back to the NIT after 2 fluke seasons in 21 yrs. But yeah, why would people talk about the dumpster fire known as michigan. At least u still have softball.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to an MSU Christmas concert this year and there were at least two snide references to Ann Arbor/Michigan in there.

I can guarantee that no one in Ann Arbor thinks about East Lansing one fucking bit around Christmas time.

Riiiiiight. Then remind me why michigan paid a plane to fly over spartan stadium during a game that michigan wasnt even playing in. But they were playing in ann arbor that same day. Ohhhh the arrogance

Yeah and michigan fans didnt dump on spartan fans during the john L and bobby williams yrs. Or what about lil brother? If you didnt care about us why give us a nickname. But now that were the team on top, all you hear is michigan fans crying. Bwahahaha you trolls bwahaha.

What a shit storm in AA

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why?

This is what kills me. Hes a fucking coach. The players STILL have to win.

And YOU were the one before the season started still talking about brady hoke being a great coach.

I bet u thought sparty fans were scared when u got rich rod. Or brady hoke. I could care less who u get. As long as we keep coach dantonio. Only team we worry about in our way is urban and ohio st.

But im sure IF harbaugh goes there and doesnt win navypuke will use all the excuses he used for hoke. Give him time. They are young. Gotta wait for him to recruit his style of players. Blah blah excuse blah

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If taking shots at the team that kicked your ass for the last 50 years make you feel better great. The point is teams don't always get it right when picking a coach and John L Smith and Booby Williams are great examples. I could even have thrown in Saban as he bolted MSU because they couldn't compete nationally or a host of others.

Bringing up basketball at UofM???

Fixating on a team your better than right now shows that they are seriously in your head. Enjoy being better why so preoccupied with UofM?

Why would a team be in my head? Im not playing.

Taking shots? Like calling a program lil brother? Paying a sky writer to fly over spartan stadium? Now that your program is down, why wouldnt we kick you. Like u said, you been doing it for 50 yrs. Guess michigan can hand out the "lil brothers" but cant cant take it. Bunch of bitchesss

Y

Yapp14

What if he accepts and fails miserably. That's a large contract that may doom UM footbal for a while if his ass gets fired due to shitty performance. This is do or die for the program for the next decade
I agree with the do or die part. This is not just a coaching hire, the entire athletic program is at a crossroads. This decision could move Michigan back to an elite program or relegate it to a 2nd tier program.

You want to get EVERY coaching hire right, but they haven't the last two times. This one is big

Y

Yapp14

Why?

This is what kills me. Hes a fucking coach. The players STILL have to win.

And YOU were the one before the season started still talking about brady hoke being a great coach.

I bet u thought sparty fans were scared when u got rich rod. Or brady hoke. I could care less who u get. As long as we keep coach dantonio. Only team we worry about in our way is urban and ohio st.

But im sure IF harbaugh goes there and doesnt win navypuke will use all the excuses he used for hoke. Give him time. They are young. Gotta wait for him to recruit his style of players. Blah blah excuse blah
Quit talking out of both sides of your ASS!

You just stated that Harbaugh is just a coach, and that its about the players? In your next statement you are praising Dantonio. I thought it was about the players??