• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I know it is early

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& I know these option QBs will have good games still this year. I thought it might take a lil' longer, but I did say as well as many others here. That DCs would start figuring out read options & start defending them better. Looks like right now they are ahead of schedule. Think Seattles QB is the only one really getting away with how he did last year. But he has one of the highest rated teams in the league behind him.

Just making a small observation.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell but long time NFL observers said in the Offseason that the DC would find a way to shutdown the BS Spread offense and so far its happening

Lets cwhat happens after 8 games and we will know

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the read option QBs, I think Russell Wilson is the most legit. He has one of the best deep balls in the league, makes smart decisions, and is very accurate. RG3 is great as well but he's more prone to injury and isn't as accurate as Wilson. RG3 is the most talented of the Big 3 option QBs but he probably will never reach his full potential in Washington. I've never been a big fan of Kaep. With that said, Luck will be better than all of them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& I know these option QBs will have good games still this year. I thought it might take a lil' longer, but I did say as well as many others here. That DCs would start figuring out read options & start defending them better. Looks like right now they are ahead of schedule. Think Seattles QB is the only one really getting away with how he did last year. But he has one of the highest rated teams in the league behind him.

Just making a small observation.

I said on the Redskins site a month back that DC's would catch up and change how these QB's had to play and that the QB's who ran it would have to adjust. Of course, Redskins fans flamed me, because nothing can stop RG3, he could cut his leg off and still go to the HOF :L

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the read option QBs, I think Russell Wilson is the most legit. He has one of the best deep balls in the league, makes smart decisions, and is very accurate. RG3 is great as well but he's more prone to injury and isn't as accurate as Wilson. RG3 is the most talented of the Big 3 option QBs but he probably will never reach his full potential in Washington. I've never been a big fan of Kaep. With that said, Luck will be better than all of them.
I do agree that the DC's are making adjustments and that is to be expected, but I think a bigger issue is making these guys one dimensional is hurting them as well. Kaep had the great game vs GB and now they expect that from him and he has struggled the last 2 games with 4 ints. Wilson has the team around him, and a great defense to cover any mistakes, which makes it easier to go all out on offense and big plays can be had. As far as RG3 is concerned, the first two games showed the issues that he would have becoming a just a pocket passer. Against Det, he looked more like himself and some of the bad plays were actually the Det front seven being faster than anticipated. Now it is up to the OC to make better decisions and make some changes to put their QB in the best position to win. I think we passed too much against Det. Even when we are behind, our run game can get us back into the game with the threat of the play-action pass.