• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So far I'm loving this new staff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a well disciplined team that puts out extra effort and limits dumb mistakes and penalty's. I also see a rebuild plan in place that brings in talent thru the draft. This is the first staff that i have felt good about in a very long time. How do you guys feel about our new staff?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in until I see the new regime's egg toss footage.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a well disciplined team that puts out extra effort and limits dumb mistakes and penalty's. I also see a rebuild plan in place that brings in talent thru the draft. This is the first staff that i have felt good about in a very long time. How do you guys feel about our new staff?

Not sure yet.......

I thought Polds came out with a bang by trading off Mack and that ridiculous contract,but thats about it for him......I would of liked a little bit more to help out Fields,our most touted players weve drafted since Payton,but he instead settled for 3rd option wrs and lineman.....That has not settled well with me.....

HE SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE TO HELP HIM OUT.......

Eberfluss,liked what hes doing with Kmet,seems like he is utilizing more thsn I can remember in the past......not sure if thats because hes unsure about the ol pass blocking, and looking for Fields to have someone to dump that ball off to,or if hes looking to use him as the next Kelce.....

But then again,its preseason,so we will see.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team will play hard and smart. No doubt. Just cutting out the dumbass flags and improving our effort alone will be a boost. I truly believe the D will find a way to be solid under Flus. Even if we have a couple missing pieces in year #1.

Honestly, I'm telling you that I see a lot of 2019 Buffalo Bills in us. If Fields has progressed, the Oline is better (hard not to be), and the D is on point? Then, Mooney/Kmet just prove to be respectable enough as targets? I could see us being a lot more competitive than people think.

Our first two games could leave us 0-2. However, I think we play SF/GB tough. Setting the tone for us to be a thorn in a lot of team's sides as the season goes on. Maybe even play some meaningful football games later on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team will play hard and smart. No doubt. Just cutting out the dumbass flags and improving our effort alone will be a boost. I truly believe the D will find a way to be solid under Flus. Even if we have a couple missing pieces in year #1.

Honestly, I'm telling you that I see a lot of 2019 Buffalo Bills in us. If Fields has progressed, the Oline is better (hard not to be), and the D is on point? Then, Mooney/Kmet just prove to be respectable enough as targets? I could see us being a lot more competitive than people think.

Our first two games could leave us 0-2. However, I think we play SF/GB tough. Setting the tone for us to be a thorn in a lot of team's sides as the season goes on. Maybe even play some meaningful football games later on.
I'm worried about the D line more then anything. No real pass rush and we cant stop the run. Our oline is above average now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the D line more then anything. No real pass rush and we cant stop the run. Our oline is above average now.
I think the DL is better than you're feeling (maybe not much tho), but the OL is not above average.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got 4 legit starters before today.
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree as to the talent level of our lines, but one area we are in complete agreement is the new regime. It's heads-n-tails better than the previous group. Like you, I see a much more disciplined and readied team out on the field, for which I credit the coaching staff. And I'm a big fan of what Poles is doing to transition our team. At the end of last season, we had the 5th oldest roster in the league. Not sure where we rank at the present, but I'm guessing we're probably amongst the 5th youngest now. Youth for the sake of youth doesn't necessarily mean all that much, but generally speaking younger players are hungrier players and so far it's showing up in the way this team hustles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree as to the talent level of our lines, but one area we are in complete agreement is the new regime. It's heads-n-tails better than the previous group. Like you, I see a much more disciplined and readied team out on the field, for which I credit the coaching staff. And I'm a big fan of what Poles is doing to transition our team. At the end of last season, we had the 5th oldest roster in the league. Not sure where we rank at the present, but I'm guessing we're probably amongst the 5th youngest now. Youth for the sake of youth doesn't necessarily mean all that much, but generally speaking younger players are hungrier players and so far it's showing up in the way this team hustles.
They are also giving some once thought talented guys a second chance on the cheap. I like that. Maybe one turns it around. On the oline we got 2 great looking young guys and a few reliable vets( better then last season), also the coaching and scheme I think are much improved and my hope is a better calling of plays too. Has to be better right?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are right on being better than some of us think,as in I.......Im standing pat at a most likley 4 with a possible 5th win......

Our oline is not better,Leatherwood or whatever his last name is,was horrible for the Raiders,I think we just took a flyer on him for a possible starter or just to make the team for depth.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are right on being better than some of us think,as in I.......Im standing pat at a most likley 4 with a possible 5th win......

Our oline is not better,Leatherwood or whatever his last name is,was horrible for the Raiders,I think we just took a flyer on him for a possible starter or just to make the team for depth.........
It's not so much that I think the Bears are going to roll out a bunch of wins. Right now I'm vacillating between 5 & 6 wins. But I do think they're going to be a much tougher loss in a number of games than a lot of folks believe. To me there's no question we're better coached on every level than last year, none whatsoever. The question is how far can our talent level take us.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that I think the Bears are going to roll out a bunch of wins. Right now I'm vacillating between 5 & 6 wins. But I do think they're going to be a much tougher loss in a number of games than a lot of folks believe. To me there's no question we're better coached on every level than last year, none whatsoever. The question is how far can our talent level take us.

Well we do play some shitty teams,if any of them are losses,theyd better be close......
As far as the better teams,lets see how close we can be in those to actually tell how good or bad this team really is......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do play some shitty teams,if any of them are losses,theyd better be close......
As far as the better teams,lets see how close we can be in those to actually tell how good or bad this team really is......
Opening day will be quite telling. The Niners have a ton of talent in key positions on both sides of the ball. If we hang tough with them, it could be an indication how our season will go in general.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 8 or 9 wins. Based on our easy schedule. We are not ready to compete with good teams but should do very well against the bottom half teams.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 8 or 9 wins. Based on our easy schedule. We are not ready to compete with good teams but should do very well against the bottom half teams.
I like your optimism. The first few games to see how we stack against quality playoff teams as well as potential bottom feeders should give us a clue as to how the rest of the season will play out. Personally, I'm seeing 5 or 6 wins at best, but I also see them strongly competing in games against playoff caliber teams that might end up as losses.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the article I'm linking below fits this thread best:

Can't speak for everyone, but I have a sneaking hunch this article best depicts how the majority of Bears fans feel for this upcoming season. I know it speaks volumes for me. Been a while since I can remember when I went into a season with such low expectations regarding any hopes for making the playoffs, yet excited by the direction the Bears are taking. I think the closest to this current feeling was the 2018 season, which of course we all know was when the Bears shocked the league with a 12-4 record, even tho they were unceremoniously dumped in their only playoff appearance (the infamous double doink). But prior to the start of that campaign I thought the Bears were quite capable of at least .500 ball or better, with the possibility of sneaking into the playoffs. So even tho they exceeded just about everyone's expectations, nevertheless we felt they had a shot.

Not this year. I see a team in transition, but unfortunately one that lacks front end talent and also thin on the depth side of the equation. Still, this a young team, a hungry team, and perhaps most importantly, a well coached team. If the preseason taught us anything, what our boyz lack in raw talent, they make up for in disciplined aggressiveness. I don't have any stats to back this up, but I believe this was the least penalized Bears team I've seen in years, especially in preseason, when such errors are more common. Could be a fluke, or just as likely this is how they were coached and what we can expect to a certain degree as this season moves along. Like I said, I'm excited, but certainly not due to any expectations of a shot at the postseason. And that's kinda refreshing in an odd way.