• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so are TCU/WVU to the b12 officially busts now?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure about busts but they were without a doubt the worst additions out of the whole conference shakeup thing.

i doubt the b12 will die but they took a beating. they are the 4th best conference right now.

Opinion based for now. Two top ten teams (4 teams total in the top 25), one team that has an offense that would r*pe mercilessly every team in the SEC, except for Bama, and for that matter, every team in all of CFB. Hell, watch out if Texas has got their shit together, but that's a major IF......

GamingGator

GG fools
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinion based for now. Two top ten teams (4 teams total in the top 25), one team that has an offense that would r*pe mercilessly every team in the SEC, except for Bama, and for that matter, every team in all of CFB. Hell, watch out if Texas has got their shit together, but that's a major IF......

speaking of opinions. do you really think the b12 is on the same level as the sec, acc and pac?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of opinions. do you really think the b12 is on the same level as the sec, acc and pac?

Absolutely. I don't think there is one conference that stands out this year at all. The SEC has been a one team conference for the past 3 years and let's be real, has some teams that have no business in the top 25 (SCAR and Aggy for example), Pac is all Oregon (nobody is going to challenge the Ducks) and ACC may appear to be all FSU. Big 12 has just as many top ten teams as the SEC, ACC and Pac do. I truly believe there isn't one dominant conference this year.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dumbfuck! Ohio State, Nebraska and Wisconsin all have lucrative 3rd tier contracts with IMG and they don't share a dime of that revenue with conference members. In fact, Nebraska had the most lucrative contract ever when they signed in 2008, making $9M a year. tOSU then shattered that record when they signed in 2009, making $11M a year and do not share a dime with other conference members. Texas then shattered that record when they signed with ESPN. Schools have been selling their 3rd tier rights for years and DO NOT SHARE THAT MONEY WITH CONFERENCE MEMBERS. All I know is that IMG has signed WVU to a lucrative 3rd tier contract that is worth more than Michigan's 3rd tier rights. You should contact IMG and ask why that is.

LHN is going great. Sure, the 1st 2 years were growing pains, but now it's carried by some major networks and has tripled its viewership. But hey, I'm sure you'll try and spout your weak as fuck opinion some more.

how come im having such a hard time finding those tier 3 deals on google.

and please explain to me how they dont conflict with the btn because the btn pools tier 3 games together

GamingGator

GG fools
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I don't think there is one conference that stands out this year at all. The SEC has been a one team conference for the past 3 years and let's be real, has some teams that have no business in the top 25 (SCAR and Aggy for example), Pac is all Oregon (nobody is going to challenge the Ducks) and ACC may appear to be all FSU. Big 12 has just as many top ten teams as the SEC, ACC and Pac do. I truly believe there isn't one dominant conference this year.

hmm, and yet one year they had 2 teams in the ncg and everyone was saying bama was the one that didn't deserve it.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornsstampede just bitch slapped you with FACTS on why the Big 12 is not a dying conference. FACTS, not opinion. Yet, you still keep coming with your god awful opinion. No wonder nobody likes you on this board. You were a dumbfuck at ESPN, too.

hahaha.....horns is a dumbass

dude still owes me a massive apology about his colorado alumni comment. i caught him red handed in a massive lie and he has yet to even own up to it.

every point ive made is that the b12 is screwed long term.

horns then goes to base his argument again on short term stuff (again)

so i rebut that by gaving horns 5 points about how the b12 is screwed long term....he doesnt answer a single one of them and goes on this stupid sugar bowl argument

but yet i get bitch slapped????? ive been bitch slapping him all over the place on a regular basis

nah horns is one of the worst posters ive seen on this board and always makes shit up. i totally destroyed him on this thread already and you are too big of a dumbass or just being a total homer to see it.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"what happens when that "most powerful conference in the country" raids you??????"

Then it gets new team(s) but cant use them in their tv negotiations or broadcast their games because the B12 keeps their rights and they also lose a VERY lucrative bowl deal. That would make Mike Slive an idiot, do you really think Mike Slive is an idiot :scratch:? I don't.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how come im having such a hard time finding those tier 3 deals on google.

and please explain to me how they dont conflict with the btn because the btn pools tier 3 games together

Took me three seconds, John::: IMG College - Our Properties

You are mostly wrong on what you have said, but you are correct in saying the B12 is the one that will go away. The B12 is doing exactly what killed the BE, waiting for others to make moves, then reacting.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me three seconds, John::: IMG College - Our Properties

You are mostly wrong on what you have said, but you are correct in saying the B12 is the one that will go away. The B12 is doing exactly what killed the BE, waiting for others to make moves, then reacting.

where in that link does it say anything about payout per school?

the only link i have that does do that is this one.....

and those numbers are much different

» School-Specific Broadcasting Revenue

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the BTN etc works is that they choose which games they want then the schools keep the rest of their tier three rights, the radio, any other TV, coaches shows, etc.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the BTN etc works is that they choose which games they want then the schools keep the rest of their tier three rights, the radio, any other TV, coaches shows, etc.

yeah so in other words, the BTN pools a large chunk of their tier 3 to the BTN and save the rest for themselves.

having independent school networks over conference networks is so stupid because its ineffective and only limits a schools exposure.

for example texas baseball, ooc basketball, & even some of of the other b12 teams have their games exclusively limited to the LHN and can only be aired via the LHN and theres nothing texas can do about it. the LHN is still a regional network and its only being aired on the regional level

meanwhile any b10 school their baseball games go on the BTN which is a national network, not only that but the btn schools choose to do with their games as they please wether they want those games to be aired is up to the b10 schools not some random conference network.

i know b12 fans like to post their tier 3 stats, but heres one little stat for you to chew on.....

this year each b10 hockey each school will get a 2 mill payout.....and we are only in year one of a sport that has a lot of potential. the only reason for that success is because the b10 has a conference network to carry the load of a sport like that. what the btn loses in mega tier 3 deals they gain in a) more tv exposure b) added profitability to a conf. network

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are pros and cons to both models John. But you are wrong in saying the school has control of which games are on BTN, the BTN picks games they wish to take. In the end, none of the schools in any of the big leagues are wondering how they are going to make payroll next month. My biggest beef with all the conference networks, the LHN, etc is that it puts that much more control in the hands of ESPN.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are pros and cons to both models John. But you are wrong in saying the school has control of which games are on BTN, the BTN picks games they wish to take. In the end, none of the schools in any of the big leagues are wondering how they are going to make payroll next month. My biggest beef with all the conference networks, the LHN, etc is that it puts that much more control in the hands of ESPN.

yeah and thats why the btn is so good for the schools, because the schools actually have a say in that unlike the LHN where everything goes to a network and that network picks & chooses which games it wants to air

the btn is innovative because its a national network. the amount of games the b10 has the luxury of choosing from is 30x more but with the same amount of slots as the LHN, in other words the quality of games is much better and the viewership is much better.

the way UT & aggie/baylor/tech/tcu fans view their rivals respective networks is the same way a liberal views foxnews or a conservative views msncb. neither side gives a damn about the other and wont want to see the light of day. hell even the texas tech president said this on the record one time. he said something along the lines of "no tech fan will ever be forced to watch a Ttech football game with a longhorn logo on it"

its reasons like that that make these networks stupid. there is a degree of conference homerism, but thats CONFERENCE homerism. i have no problem watch ohio state play illinois on the BTN, but theres no way in hell id watch it on a buckeye network filled with block O logo's and a circle jerk about how the buckeye's are so great.

theres a reason as to why every other power conference is switching to a conference network rather than the b12's model.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BTN is NOT national, it is just as regional as the LHN is, it is carried in B11 areas just as the LHN is carried in Texas areas. AND the schools have no control over what the BTN airs, dont know where you get the idea that they do.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BTN is NOT national, it is just as regional as the LHN is, it is carried in B11 areas just as the LHN is carried in Texas areas. AND the schools have no control over what the BTN airs, dont know where you get the idea that they do.

for starters.......

1. the size of texas is nowhere near the size of the b10 states, so even if every texas home had the LHN your argument holds no weight

2. i go to a pac12 school and my dorm room had a very cheap cable package which included the BTN. trying to downplay the BTN as a small regional network is as stupid as it gets

3. the BTN has every national carrier. the LHN has just two (out of a total of 4-7 "national") carriers and they only got it from their one major carrier (time warner) because they were in a contract dispute with cbs sports and needed to add sports programing and picked up the LHN out of desperation. before the TW pickup just 13% of austin homes had access to the LHN

4. the schools dont, but the conference does.......you cant try to down play that in any way shape or form. the b10 schools do have some leverage over what gets aired, the b12 doesnt.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in TX and have U'verse. i get BTN and LHN as well as the Sooner Network. All part of the package.

As far as the op, this is what happens when one takes a snap shot. Give it a few years. This not only applies to the B12, but all the other moves. Look at the diff in Mizzou from last season to this. aTm would've most likely had success had they stayed put in the B12 as well with the Sumlin/Manziel team. WV lost alot...basically their offense(Smith, Baily, Auston) due to NFL advancement. I can't speak for others, but I had some doubts as to TCU's success in the B12. We all knew they could upset one or maybe two power conf teams per season, as they had been doing this for years. However, would they be able to sustain this throughout a whole season? Neb's move to the B1G made sense to me, as it was more their style of play. Colorado....well mama said if you don't have anything nice to say. I still would like to maybe see Lousiville and Houston coming to the B12. Louisville would add roundball and would give WV somebody in the same time zone. Houston would give the B12 a presence in the SE part of Tejas....much of East TX is aTm country.

Unlike some of the homers(we all have them), I feel Mizzou and aTm would be having success in the B12 this season as well. This(SEC success) is not due to them making the move, no more than the B12 can claim their success from earlier recruiting. It is not just one dimensional, but a combination of factors. By the same token, TCU and WV may have a bit more of a learning curve before they are relevant in the B12. Neb and CU seem to have carried on, more or less, where they left off prior to their moves. Neb was a fairly good team and remains one. CO....well, mama said...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of WVUs lack of success so far is two fold, changing leagues and changing coaches.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggies and Missouri leave the Big 12, and they get better.

TCU and WVU come to the Big 12, and they get worse. Hmmm...

Also, TCU has been without its qb last 2 years now and has had some bad breaks. WVU is in a rebuilding year, but they did underperform last year.

I'm gonna tell you what everyone else in the Big 12 has known for years now: It's hard to win in this conference.

lololol.

why does your conference get their face bashed in whenever they play equalish teams in bowl games agains tthe SEC? i mean i think manziel just scored again on oklahoma.

also lol @ a 3 loss SEC team beating texas by 3 td's in austin when texas is undefeated in the big 12.

and people wonder why the SEC gets 6-8 ranked teams and why we are right when we say that 2 and 3 loss SEC teams are better than a lot of 0 and 1 loss teams in other conferences.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Manziel and company have scored 104 points in 2 games against Auburn? And last year you scored how many against them?

21 I believe. Or about 60% more than Oklahoma scored against them.