• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so about the AP poll

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these are the 10 biggest drops in poll history for teams who have won 2 straight games

-6 of the 10 are from the big ten

-it happened 3x this year and all 3 times it was to a b10 team

-michigan & nebraska in 2013 had the 1st & 3rd biggest poll drop of all time

OB-ZA788_COUNT0_G_20130924222103.jpg

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want us to ignore that Michigan looks like a shitty football team right now because they managed to win? Because Michigan looks like a shitty football team right now, even though they managed to win.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan had trouble beating two of the worst teams in the country and one game was at home. I see no problem with them dropping. Its one thing to beat a nobody and drop a spot like Ohio St. did but its another to struggle against a nobody and barely beat them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is a huge conspiracy in the polls against the B1G. It can't be the fact they play crappy schedules, and on top of it, look bad against those schedules.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the finall rankings for each team it seems like the polls did a good job. Most of the teams that dropped fell out of the rankings completely or never came close to that previous spot. The exception being tOSU and Clemson.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, I have to agree with the op. Its BS...... to a point, but all examples aren't the same.......

The drops in the poll concerning OSU is a complete farce. They won convincingly both times they were dropped in the polls. OSU did not deserve to drop at all.

Michigan's situation is completely different. They played like crap the entire game and barely one in both instances. Akron's offense was bulldozing their defense. and then they stalled on the what, 2 yd line? Blind luck....... sorry, but they did deserve to drop after those performances.

and for the record, if it was OSU that barely beat akron and uconn and played horribly, I would not be saying this. I'd say they deserve to drop.

Looking at oregon's and clemson's schedules, there is limited competition at chances of losses, only 2 for each if I remember correctly So even if oregon, clem, and OSU all win out, OSU could be still stuck at #4.

IMHO, they dropped OSU to avoid something that they did not want to see at the end of the season because they knew it would be hard to climb back up.......

:bullshit:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, I have to agree with the op. Its BS...... to a point, but all examples aren't the same.......

The drops in the poll concerning OSU is a complete farce. They won convincingly both times they were dropped in the polls. OSU did not deserve to drop at all.

Michigan's situation is completely different. They played like crap the entire game and barely one in both instances. Akron's offense was bulldozing their defense. and then they stalled on the what, 2 yd line? Blind luck....... sorry, but they did deserve to drop after those performances.

and for the record, if it was OSU that barely beat akron and uconn and played horribly, I would not be saying this. I'd say they deserve to drop.

Looking at oregon's and clemson's schedules, there is limited competition at chances of losses, only 2 for each if I remember correctly So even if oregon, clem, and OSU all win out, OSU could be still stuck at #4.

IMHO, they dropped OSU to avoid something that they did not want to see at the end of the season because they knew it woulod be hard to climb back up.......

Clemson has two wins better than Ohio State's best win. That is why they are, and rightfully so, ahead of Ohio State, and will be if both teams go undefeated.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMHO, they dropped OSU to avoid something that they did not want to see at the end of the season because they knew it would be hard to climb back up.......

without a doubt UM should drop. but its the amount they dropped that gets under my skin.

LSU beat a very terrible auburn team last year by only 2 pts and yet dropped just one spot

FL last year won by just 7 against both mizz & LA layfayette and moved up a spot

this shit doesnt happen to team SEC

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson has two wins better than Ohio State's best win. That is why they are, and rightfully so, ahead of Ohio State, and will be if both teams go undefeated.

I have to respectfully disagree.

Let's look at week 1's games.

clemson beat georgia. by 3 pts. fine. good win. quality win. still its 3 pts.....

OSU beat Buffalo by 20 pts. 40-20..... sorry, not close.

If Clemson beat Georgia by 20 and OSU only won by 3 pts. to Buffalo, then I'd agree with the jump in the polls. The way things actually happened, I don't think it was warranted.

Then Clemson only beat an unranked NC State by 12 pts. while OSU the same week set records with blanking their opponent 76-0. So, if we are going to place soooo much weight on margin of win, this should've swung the opposite direction for rankings sake.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a doubt UM should drop. but its the amount they dropped that gets under my skin.

LSU beat a very terrible auburn team last year by only 2 pts and yet dropped just one spot

FL last year won by just 7 against both mizz & LA layfayette and moved up a spot

SEC!

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All very good examples......:agree:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So someone paid Akron to nearly beat you? :scratch:

If that has happened to other Big10 teams then I'd suggest they start to play better in their OOC schedule to avoid it.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by the way John, I don't think I've come across anyone on this board who has avatars for 3 diff. schools...... interesting......

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

clemson beat georgia. by 3 pts. fine. good win. quality win. still its 3 pts.....

If Clemson beat Georgia by 20 and OSU only won by 3 pts. to Buffalo, then I'd agree with the jump in the polls. The way things actually happened, I don't think it was warranted.

Then Clemson only beat an unranked NC State by 12 pts. while OSU the same week set records with blanking their opponent 76-0. So, if we are going to place soooo much weight on margin of win, this should've swung the opposite direction for rankings sake.

What? So you are saying playing two teams and leaving the cupcake filling on your face warrents a move up the polls. While beating a, all be it over rated, ranked team doesn't.

Come on man, it was Buffalo and some crap team you drove by 76.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!
SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!
154ZxV1.jpg

SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!
:mullet:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Margin of victory in wins over bowl teams, or top 10 teams for that matter, means a lot less than when you're playing FCS or MAC schools.

I seriously can't believe you even would attempt to legitimize that. :L

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The voters have a right to lower the ranking of a team even if they win. It happens all the time. Ohio State opened at number 2 and is now number 3 in one poll and 4 in the other. Another team, Oregon, looked better. As an OSU fan, I don't have a problem with that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? So you are saying playing two teams and leaving the cupcake filling on your face warrents a move up the polls. While beating a, all be it over rated, ranked team doesn't.

Come on man, it was Buffalo and some crap team you drove by 76.

excuse me, I'm being very objective above with what I said.......

besides, lets compare cupcakes shall we? citadel? come on. S. carolina St? spare me the "their ooc is way better than OSU's". Wake forest? lol...... Duke....... ooooooh. Maybe they could field their BB team and make it closer......

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
excuse me, I'm being very objective above with what I said.......

besides, lets compare cupcakes shall we? citadel? come on. S. carolina St? spare me the "their ooc is way better than OSU's". Wake forest? lol...... Duke....... ooooooh. Maybe they could field their BB team and make it closer......

Yeah, OK.

Clemson to this point has beaten a (as I said over rated, UGA) 2 ranked teams and beat another AQ school.
OSU has beat 2 COMPLETE cream puffs and 2 others that are arguably in the bottom of their conferences.

This agrument goes to Clemson 100% of the time.

This is also the reason there should be NO POLLS UNTIL AFTER WEEK 5.