• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So a watered down Version of the Warriors win the title with declined Klay Thompson and mostly role players? LOL

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any more proof the league is in terrible decline? This was the worst of those Warriors teams.

My grandpapa would be licking his lips playing today in this trainwreck

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss 90’s NBA. That’s when I became a fan. I enjoy watching games from the 80’s on YouTube. My main issues with the Association today are games turning into 3-point contests and the lack of centers.
I went to a Hawks/Bucks game a few years ago and they set the record for most combined 3-point attempts in a game. I didn’t care for it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss 90’s NBA. That’s when I became a fan. I enjoy watching games from the 80’s on YouTube. My main issues with the Association today are games turning into 3-point contests and the lack of centers.
I went to a Hawks/Bucks game a few years ago and they set the record for most combined 3-point attempts in a game. I didn’t care for it.
Tbf it takes a lot more skill and touch to shoot a 25 footer than a layup or baby hook. Just sayin

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any more proof the league is in terrible decline? This was the worst of those Warriors teams.

The goal for the owners during collective bargaining over the past 10 years has been to establish more parity in the league and limit/eliminate super teams.

The fact that the Warriors won is an indicator that there is more parity than there has been in a long time.

That is all.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's NBA teams have to defend nearly the entire half court. Celtics were face guarding Curry just as he crossed half court and even when he didn't have the ball. It's just much harder for traditional centers to have an impact now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a very weird year that is for certain. A lot of injuries. A choke job or two. There is no dominant team right now. Between the Nets myriad of issues, the Suns choking, I think the Bucks were tired and then lost Middleton for an entire series, The Clips missing Leonard and George, Embiid getting hurt (again)....

I think it should be better next year. I think there are some interesting young teams coming along. I think some other teams had injury issues.

but- no doubt the league is wide open right now.

With one big move, or some luck staying healthy- there are probably 10 teams that could win the title next year. That is basically unheard of in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope this trend of there being no super team continues until the Cavs are ready in a year or two. Def. still not ready yet--- I would say 2 more years of development and they should be a very tough out. Hopefully sooner- but like I have said- young teams very very rarely win big.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very weird year that is for certain. A lot of injuries. A choke job or two. There is no dominant team right now. Between the Nets myriad of issues, the Suns choking, I think the Bucks were tired and then lost Middleton for an entire series, The Clips missing Leonard and George, Embiid getting hurt (again)....

I think it should be better next year. I think there are some interesting young teams coming along. I think some other teams had injury issues.

but- no doubt the league is wide open right now.

With one big move, or some luck staying healthy- there are probably 10 teams that could win the title next year. That is basically unheard of in the NBA.
That's what @tlance said. No more superduper teams, more parity. This is better

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal for the owners during collective bargaining over the past 10 years has been to establish more parity in the league and limit/eliminate super teams.

The fact that the Warriors won is an indicator that there is more parity than there has been in a long time.

That is all.

It does feel wide open. However, one of the taking heads (Nick Wright) was saying that he expects Giannis and the Bucks to be in the Finals for the next 5 years. He could easily be wrong, though.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel wide open. However, one of the taking heads (Nick Wright) was saying that he expects Giannis and the Bucks to be in the Finals for the next 5 years. He could easily be wrong, though.
That sounds like a going out on a limb type of take. I would be surprised if Budenholzer lasts 5 more years there. And it is anyone's guess who their second and third best players will be by 2024-2025.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly that is crazy talk.

The Bucks are a good team. But they aren’t a dominant team.

I would bet on them making another Finals or 2 while Giannis is there. But 5 in a row?

No way.

He isn’t LeBron and the East is stronger/deeper.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee ya think he could be wrong?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but Giannis is insanely awesome.
Lotta insanely awesome players don't go to the finals 5 times in a row. LeBron and Curry are the only ones I can think of. Jordan never did.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got bored with your Kawhi_Tatum account?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta insanely awesome players don't go to the finals 5 times in a row. LeBron and Curry are the only ones I can think of. Jordan never did.
true, Jordan never did, but let's be honest, had he never walked away from the sport for 2 seasons, i find it verrrrry unlikely the bulls wouldn't have been the representative for the eastern conference in '94 and '95 nba finals. i loved those knicks teams, but the bulls were totally in their heads, and i just couldn't see the bulls losing to indiana or orlando during those years with a prime jordan still around.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for a perfectly executed leg lock on Morant by Poole and a choke job by the Suns, the Warriors wouldn't have even been in the finals. Luck and cheating can get you far sometimes. That's why gambling and grifting are still popular.
justin timberlake GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, Jordan never did, but let's be honest, had he never walked away from the sport for 2 seasons, i find it verrrrry unlikely the bulls wouldn't have been the representative for the eastern conference in '94 and '95 nba finals. i loved those knicks teams, but the bulls were totally in their heads, and i just couldn't see the bulls losing to indiana or orlando during those years with a prime jordan still around.
It's definitely possible, it's just really really hard for teams to stay hungry and focused and on track. It takes luck to go far in the playoffs, even for MJ's teams. And remember the 1996-8 team was totally different from the 1991-3 one, except for Pippen and Jordan. It's more likely they needed a couple years to regroup. Steve Kerr has said by 1998 his Bulls team kinda was sick of each other so it's not really all on Krause that they ended it there.

It's kinda like the Warriors. The 2 years they were bad gave them time to reload and rest and all the rest, and maybe helped them this year. The last year with KD 2018-2019 I remember as being pretty joyless and not that fun. Once again the superteam was expected to roll and they did but no one liked it much and the talk was all about if KD was staying. Even if they hadn't got super injured in the Finals, and won them, I don't know that KD would have stayed and if he did I don't think it would have been that fun.

LeBron never even did it with the same team more than 4 in a row.