• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

snyder on RG3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder , told sonny jurgensen that he feels robert is just 24 years old and needs more time

now another name attached to a issue about snyder

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder , told sonny jurgensen that he feels robert is just 24 years old and needs more time

now another name attached to a issue about snyder

I happen to agree with Snyder, he is still young (24) and the list of things that he's had to recover from include:

1. A major injury
2. Marriage
3. setback from ankle injury
4. sophomore slump
5. being improperly prepared to start in the NFL (impatience)
6. Rex Grossman as his mentor
7. Poor QB coaches and hybrid schemes
8. Fright
9. Hubris/exuberance (24 y/o)

BTW: Do not discount #2 and all that it entails.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look he does have to function in the pocket

now his giant game presser was a good start

and he did much better vs the giants . not good enough but some hope in there

but he has a long ways to go

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree with Snyder, he is still young (24) and the list of things that he's had to recover from include:

1. A major injury
2. Marriage
4. sophomore slump
8. Fright

#8 on your list is huge.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. A major injury
2. Marriage
4. sophomore slump
8. Fright

You have 10 excuses for Griffin and Cousins is a color blind moron who gets rid of the ball too fast. :noidea:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem I see with RG3. What made him so special coming out of college was his multiple threat attack between his arm and, maybe more importantly, his legs. After his injury, he has no where near the same explosion. I saw again today a DE run him down from behind while he rolled out of the pocket. That never happened in year 1. So if he no longer has the illusiveness to escape trouble using his legs, he is not so special anymore.

Couple this with the reports that he isn't willing to spend the time in the film room that he needs to, may have locker room issues, and resists coaching to some extent, and its reasonable to suggest that he is not the QB we drafted nor is he going to ever become a productive NFL QB. We, on this forum, only see RG3 16 -20 times a year play. Gruden and the coaching staff see him daily for hours and then every day, study the film that that day's practice. We now have two coaching staffs come to the conclusion that he is not ready and may never be. This tells me something.

Having said this, I still are of the opinion that he should be brought back next year in an open competition for starter. Let Colt, KC and anyone else we sign/draft/trade for compete. Be very specific with him where he needs to improve over the offseason. Offer any help the CBA will afford to assist him in his development. But make sure he understands that he has to earn the starter position. Then let the best man win.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem I see with RG3. What made him so special coming out of college was his multiple threat attack between his arm and, maybe more importantly, his legs. After his injury, he has no where near the same explosion. I saw again today a DE run him down from behind while he rolled out of the pocket. That never happened in year 1. So if he no longer has the illusiveness to escape trouble using his legs, he is not so special anymore.

Couple this with the reports that he isn't willing to spend the time in the film room that he needs to, may have locker room issues, and resists coaching to some extent, and its reasonable to suggest that he is not the QB we drafted nor is he going to ever become a productive NFL QB. We, on this forum, only see RG3 16 -20 times a year play. Gruden and the coaching staff see him daily for hours and then every day, study the film that that day's practice. We now have two coaching staffs come to the conclusion that he is not ready and may never be. This tells me something.

Having said this, I still are of the opinion that he should be brought back next year in an open competition for starter. Let Colt, KC and anyone else we sign/draft/trade for compete. Be very specific with him where he needs to improve over the offseason. Offer any help the CBA will afford to assist him in his development. But make sure he understands that he has to earn the starter position. Then let the best man win.

snyder wants to keep him . so we will see if gruden will give him more time

grudens presser , he seemed to think he played well

Rg3's presser he said he missed reed on one of his sacks he took .

he looked better then he has his last few games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to talk him up to get any trade value out of him. He is not a pocket passer. Only big plays that he made today was when he was out of the pocket. This offense is a joke with him in there. I would give Cousins a shot the last two games.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not play terribly. It is funny some want to protect him too much while others want to kill him and blame him too much.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 10 excuses for Griffin and Cousins is a color blind moron who gets rid of the ball too fast. :noidea:

No.....that was specific to his play (getting rid of it too fast), we have to be fair here (Griffin holding it too long). That said, if you delete the injuries from that list all of the others would apply to Cousins as well. (Got married this year)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not play terribly. It is funny some want to protect him too much while others want to kill him and blame him too much.

he did OK

but the same issues are still there and it wont change much this year

the question will be if you can continue to have the circus around him until he gets "it"

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. A major injury
2. Marriage
4. sophomore slump
8. Fright

10. Shanahan

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see much of the game but he looked decisive in the spread formation or from what I saw 4WR look.
He got the ball out quick and it looks like he still could run if needed. This line is BAD, they can't run and yes he's scared to throw a pick. But wow, if they find a to tailor to him, he's still got potential. There is NO Qb in this draft will be an instant hit or that can become an all-pro(ok i don't know that) The top two guys at QB in the draft are talented but based on where they land, they will experience severe growing pains.

Might as will play Griffin out.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can find some bodies to protect him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two coaches have deemed him un-savable. Getting more offensive line help is all fine and dandy. But Griffin should be considered no more than a stop gap at this point until he proves he can be more than merely average or an option QB. Although he looked OK today, it was based on us once again running alot of options and boots. Once the Giants took that away, his production became pedestrian.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of pro athletes get married at an early age, I've never once heard that it was the reason for poor play.

I really don't see how we can totally evaluate Robert given this joke of an OL. It's impossible for us to know how many of those sacks were on the QB but seeing as the other QB took a ton too, well.....

Baccari Rambo just got 2 picks off of Aaron Rodgers yesterday. If you don't believe that RGIII will surface in highlights somewhere else down the road you would be wrong. In 2 years behind a good OL he could very well be a good QB. As posted earlier might as well play it out here before we cut bait.