• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

snyder on RG3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did OK

but the same issues are still there and it wont change much this year

the question will be if you can continue to have the circus around him until he gets "it"

Yesterday's performance by RG3 certainly doesn't address all of his issues, but it does provide some hope. First of all - it shows that he should not be used strictly in the pocket & this was a mistake by Gruden since day one. He should be used in a similar manner as Russell Wilson - mix in some rollouts but use common sense when running which RG3 appeared to do for the most part. Secondly - it provided RG3 with something that he has lacked for a long time - confidence. Combined with better performances this can do wonders moving forward.

I believe that the remaining two games don't mean much in the evaluation process. As previously stated - the key is how RG3 prepares over the offseason. Everything I see now appears to show that he is very willing to totally cooperate in this process but only time will tell. A significant improvement in fundamentals along with an improved O line could make a big difference.

No real pt in dealing RG3 right now since you are not going to get much in return & also don't see the team going that far with guys like McCoy over the long run. As usual - should be an interesting offseason.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two coaches have deemed him un-savable. Getting more offensive line help is all fine and dandy. But Griffin should be considered no more than a stop gap at this point until he proves he can be more than merely average or an option QB. Although he looked OK today, it was based on us once again running alot of options and boots. Once the Giants took that away, his production became pedestrian.

Have to disagree somewhat. The team did much worse later in the game since the O line looked worse than a high school line. Ever since Williams was injured this line looks like one of the worst in the history of the NFL. I have a hard time believing that even Brady would look good behind that line.

The two coaches you mention are suspect at best. Shanahan never really did anything w/o Elway & is pretty much of a weasel (getting Fisher to make that bush league move verifies it). Gruden to date has really shown nothing as an NFL head coach & thus far appears to have been selected simply because of his relationship with others in the organization & his last name. Starting McCoy in this game was the latest of his bone head moves.

They should base RG3's future on how he looks in training camp after he has made a complete effort to address his flaws. If he truly shows no improvement then get rid of him.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when RG3 rolled out to his right, he was missing open receivers with his eyes. Not to mention throwing them open. Eli sees a receiver get a hair of clearance and he throws to the guy, RG3's eyes are not working for him now.

I wonder if they can create a computer simulator for him with dots moving on a screen, to train his eyes to find the open dot. At the very least, some moving graphic computer eye training could help him. I would hate to have him have to resort to playing old wild west video games where you shoot bad guys and don't shoot the good ones.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when RG3 rolled out to his right, he was missing open receivers with his eyes. Not to mention throwing them open. Eli sees a receiver get a hair of clearance and he throws to the guy, RG3's eyes are not working for him now.

I wonder if they can create a computer simulator for him with dots moving on a screen, to train his eyes to find the open dot. At the very least, some moving graphic computer eye training could help him. I would hate to have him have to resort to playing old wild west video games where you shoot bad guys and don't shoot the good ones.

Not sure about all of the futuristic stuff, but you bring up a good pt. This is all about fundamentals & the team needs to make one more go around in this area with RG3 over the offseason. If it proves to be a waste of time then cya Robert.

Also - to be fair there is a huge difference in comparing Eli & RG3 yesterday. Eli appeared to have all the time in the world to throw the ball whereas RG3 (& McCoy) were lucky to have a second or two unless they scrambled. All issues to address over the next few years. Anyone who believes that the issues with the Redskins begin & end with RG3 is nuts.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears to me that the problem isn't his eyes, per se, but where he is looking. He tends to look at the defenders trying to corral him, probably a habit from his run first days. His eyes are not downfield. Thus he is missing wide open guys. Once he sees them, defenders have had a chance to recover. I also maintain he has lost a step or two. He just doesn't have that explosiveness he did his first year. While he had a couple of good runs yesterday, there were also times when he rolled out and couldn't shake the DE. That never happened his rookie year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understand that he has lost his blinding speed, but he still has enough speed to make plays with his feet. We did see a wide open receiver over the middle that Griffin missed, same old same old. But again it's impossible to evaluate him given this joke of an OL

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understand that he has lost his blinding speed, but he still has enough speed to make plays with his feet. We did see a wide open receiver over the middle that Griffin missed, same old same old. But again it's impossible to evaluate him given this joke of an OL

Yep - that is why I am maintaining that the team work closely with RG3 & you decide his future in training camp at the earliest. By then he will have enough time to address his flaws and hopefully this moronic organization will upgrade that dreadful O-line. If RG3 show no real signs of improvement then you part ways.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been my position all year and I'm not changing it now. He's under contract under a fairly cheap rookie deal through next year, what's the rush to jettison him for something that we know probably won't work?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 looked better yesterday , he may have moved up to serviceable.

the issue with Rg3 is he is playing scared and the circus that swirls around him

and look colt knows where to go with the ball and he is being sacked at an outlandish number too

we need to fix the LOS on both sides of the ball then worry about qb

i dont think our guy is in this draft at the top of the draft

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 looked better yesterday , he may have moved up to serviceable.

the issue with Rg3 is he is playing scared and the circus that swirls around him

and look colt knows where to go with the ball and he is being sacked at an outlandish number too

we need to fix the LOS on both sides of the ball then worry about qb

i dont think our guy is in this draft at the top of the draft

is playing scared for multiple reasons
1st he is playing for his job
2nd he is running for his life and legs

The Offensive line is horrible. Defenses know this and its a miracle he hasn't been seriously injured agaiin

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to revamp the OL
Need to give Griffin the confidence as the starter

Need to get rid of bad apples in dressing room

Drafting is going to play a huge role as will smart free agency( which is a stretch I agree)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to revamp the OL
Need to give Griffin the confidence as the starter

Need to get rid of bad apples in dressing room

Drafting is going to play a huge role as will smart free agency( which is a stretch I agree)

So just out of curiosity, supposed Griffin is actually one of the bad apples?? I find it odd that after a game, most reports have him sitting alone getting dressed and very few of his team mates go over to talk to him. Could be BS, or could be a sign that he has rubbed alot of people the wrong way.

Im all for giving him another shot, if for no other reasoon than the fact that we gave up a butt ton of resources to get him.

But at what point do you determine that not only is he not the fix, but a major part of the problem??

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just out of curiosity, supposed Griffin is actually one of the bad apples?? I find it odd that after a game, most reports have him sitting alone getting dressed and very few of his team mates go over to talk to him. Could be BS, or could be a sign that he has rubbed alot of people the wrong way.

Im all for giving him another shot, if for no other reasoon than the fact that we gave up a butt ton of resources to get him.

But at what point do you determine that not only is he not the fix, but a major part of the problem??

Could be true

Thing is he has raw talent that nobody can deny
We need him to flourish. He is the only QB tht has potential
We need our picks and free agency to fill holes not related to QB

I still believe in RG3
Protect him and lets see what he can do

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 points for all but one drive and 107 yards in the 2 nd half. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem guys, Gruden has made it fairly clear that he does not want Griffin here. If indeed all he (Griffin) requires is retraining during the off season...then Gruden should have no hand in that process.

I actually like Gruden, but what he's doing to Griffin is obvious. Clear example: on 3rd downs.....he often calls a play that has Griffin under center. Then during post game interviews, he makes comments relating to our inability to execute on dropbacks.
Got to fix our O-line......running game sucks too, must be Griffins fault too!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem guys, Gruden has made it fairly clear that he does not want Griffin here. If indeed all he (Griffin) requires is retraining during the off season...then Gruden should have no hand in that process.

I actually like Gruden, but what he's doing to Griffin is obvious. Clear example: on 3rd downs.....he often calls a play that has Griffin under center. Then during post game interviews, he makes comments relating to our inability to execute on dropbacks.
Got to fix our O-line......running game sucks too, must be Griffins fault too!

Nah. Anyone who is objective about the situation realizes that the problems on the offense (& the entire team) are the result of several factors. Gruden is as guilty as anyone as demonstrated by the huge amt of mistakes that are often attributed to coaches (penalties, missed assignments, etc) as well as an apparent failure to develop players. RG3 (& Cousins earlier) are guilty since they made numerous mistakes. Other areas of the team are as much to blame & this can be attributed to a lack of talent as well as poor coaching.

If this team is to improve & they retain RG3 & Gruden then all parties need to seriously question themselves & work hard over the offseason to improve their play, coaching, etc. If this is supplemented by a true influx of talent then this team might have a shot of heading in the right direction.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Snyder says it...

snyder , told sonny jurgensen that he feels robert is just 24 years old and needs more time

now another name attached to a issue about snyder

Then Gruden says it.

Jay Gruden (Via ESPN) said:
"He's 24 years old, and he's still learning," Gruden said. "I don't think we can really judge his future right now based on what he's done. I think it will be a continuing process.

Ladies and Germs, we officially have a puppet head coach. Snyder's hand moves, Gruden's mouth makes words.

:nutswing:

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Snyder says it...

Then Gruden says it.

Ladies and Germs, we officially have a puppet head coach. Snyder's hand moves, Gruden's mouth makes words.

:nutswing:

Beaten into submission........I figured when I saw the reports that Gruden was told he would be back next year, it was under the stipulation that he will work with RG3. Oh well, at least it means we won't be blowing our 1st pick on a QB. Maybe we can actually pick up some solid position players across the OL or at S.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaten into submission........I figured when I saw the reports that Gruden was told he would be back next year, it was under the stipulation that he will work with RG3. Oh well, at least it means we won't be blowing our 1st pick on a QB. Maybe we can actually pick up some solid position players across the OL or at S.

Yep, and shoot for the first overall pick in 2016. Maybe a real QB will be available then?