• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith ruled out

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, as reported Saturday, any time the past two seasons in which a 49ers player has returned from a concussion has been medically cleared to take part in even one day of limited practice, that player has played in the next game.

In Smith's case, he took part in practices Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday."[/I]

Make of it what you will - I think Kap is practice ready and in about 12 hours we will know if he was game ready.

I think Kaepernick can do enough to win; especially with the wretched Jason Campbell opposing him. I'd put Campbell in the bottom 25%of QBs and Kaepernick in the bottom 10% but the Niners are at home against the team that Harbaugh would love to beat more than any other. After the egg they laid last week, they'll be looking for redemption.[/QUOTE]

I generally agree. But right now, you've got to think the Bears' D has a better chance of making an impact play than ours, based on how the season has gone.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap needs to do what Alex did as a young QB. Find Vernon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am excited to see what Kap can do. I just wish his first start wasn't coming against this Bears' D. They have been destroying QBs all season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick can do enough to win; especially with the wretched Jason Campbell opposing him. I'd put Campbell in the bottom 25%of QBs and Kaepernick in the bottom 10% but the Niners are at home against the team that Harbaugh would love to beat more than any other. After the egg they laid last week, they'll be looking for redemption.

I generally agree. But right now, you've got to think the Bears' D has a better chance of making an impact play than ours, based on how the season has gone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If Kaepernick's penchant for fumbling continues, they are in trouble. But with Campbell in there, the Bears will not be able to exploit the 49ers' main weakness, the pass defense. That will be fully exposed in the weeks to come against N.O. and N.E. Tonight is a must so I think the Niners will pull it out.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as reported Saturday, any time the past two seasons in which a 49ers player has returned from a concussion has been medically cleared to take part in even one day of limited practice, that player has played in the next game.

In Smith's case, he took part in practices Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday."[/I]

Make of it what you will - I think Kap is practice ready and in about 12 hours we will know if he was game ready.

I think Kaepernick can do enough to win; especially with the wretched Jason Campbell opposing him. I'd put Campbell in the bottom 25%of QBs and Kaepernick in the bottom 10% but the Niners are at home against the team that Harbaugh would love to beat more than any other. After the egg they laid last week, they'll be looking for redemption.

This could be the fastest game this season with the number of rushes we will likely see - for those who love TV commercials this could be their game of the year.

As for Harbaugh wanting this - I think all three guys (G-Ro, Jimmy & Trent) have, to varying degrees, been waiting for and wanting to see this day for a while (perhaps not against the Bears, but...)

It has now become a match-up of strengths vs. weaknesses.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see what Kap can do. I just wish his first start wasn't coming against this Bears' D. They have been destroying QBs all season.

I'm looking forward to it too; as, I believe, is Harbaugh.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the fastest game this season with the number of rushes we will likely see - for those who love TV commercials this could be their game of the year.

As for Harbaugh wanting this - I think all three guys (G-Ro, Jimmy & Trent) have, to varying degrees, been waiting for and wanting to see this day for a while (perhaps not against the Bears, but...)

Here it will really come down to preparation and coaching. I'll be watching with interest.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep will have 5 turnovers, but here's hoping that our defense and their offense play as well the Falcons' defense and Arizona's offense did yesterday.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it will really come down to preparation and coaching. I'll be watching with interest.

Agreed! Our coaching staff is as much in the spot-light as Kap, IMO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep will have 5 turnovers, but here's hoping that our defense and their offense play as well the Falcons' defense and Arizona's offense did yesterday.

Did you hear that Barkley is out Saturday? Man, it would be great to see the Freshman come in and ruin Notre Dame's chance for the National Title.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Our coaching staff is as much in the spot-light as Kap, IMO.

More so, in my opinion. Kaepernick has the "rookie going against the great defense" excuse to fall back on. The coaches have nothing.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More so, in my opinion. Kaepernick has the "rookie going against the great defense" excuse to fall back on. The coaches have nothing.

True

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's unusual for a player to be cleared to practice albeit non contact and not be cleared to play in the upcoming week so it doesn't surprise me Harbaugh gave all the reps to Smith this week figuring he would play.

It would've been great to get CK reps this week but at the very least we do have a little bit of time to get him ready to go for tonight. Also gives CK a chance to get mentally ready because from experience it's tough to go into a game mentally and physically from the bench as an replacement.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Kind of what I'm counting on. Picked up Bowman to start at IDP in fantasy this week.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of what I'm counting on. Picked up Bowman to start at IDP in fantasy this week.

I've never played FF, but if I did I would have bet on that strategy as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think either way, some people are going to make too big of a deal of this game. But I guess that's the nature of a message board. If Kaep plays poorly, someone is going to use it as a "proof" that Kaep can't do it, at least this year. (Whereas if he had played the regular teams, perhaps he could.) If Kaep plays well, that will mean more, but it's one game and we'd have to see how defenses adjust to him. He may be better or worse than Smith overall at this point, but I don't think this game will be the right barometer. Obviously playing well will mean much more than playing poorly.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Regardless of all the reports, I had a feeling this would happen. I said earlier in the week that was the perfect opportunity to start CK7. He does well and they have their starter. He underwhelms and they say it was just a one week deal and they'll go back to Smith.

Harbaugh knows exactly what he's doing in this situation.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if this was the case. Not that Maiocco's lying, but doesn't the media get to see warmups at the most? Perhaps it appeared that way on purpose. Who knows.

If they really did bank on Smith being able to go, then the staff looks silly now. I can't imagine they weren't prepared.

kaps had a year and a half to be ready for this moment

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap needs to do what Alex did as a young QB. Find Vernon.

hand the ball off the gore/hunter and find vernon/moss.

there's still crabtree and mario, but i'm hoping pass plays are look at one guy then throw or run. the bears are gonna have to bring those safeties up and that should open things up down the field.