• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Small bench, bye week help

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should give this its own thread. Here is the quick refresher with updates...

PPR, bonus points for TDs over 40 yards, and 1/50 return yards.

I made a couple of trades and now my roster looks like this...

QB - Winston, Mariota
RB - Shady, Miller, Coleman, Mixon, D. Henry
WR - Baldwin, Michael Thomas, D. Thomas, T. Hill
TE - Clay, Fleener (bye week filler)

Then a kicker, punter and some IDPs.

We start 2 rb, 2 Wr, and 1 Flex.

Now, my problem is that we only have 6 bench spots and we start 16 players. I don't carry any bench IDPs or special teams as a rule. This week I have Matt Prater and Bednarick McKinney on bye, plus I have to prepare as if Luke Kuechly will not play. I can swap kickers and throw out Prater even though he is the #2 scoring kicker this season in my league. But I still have to drop McKinney, who is around the #15 LB in a 12 man league that starts 2 LBs and 1 D Flex, which most people use a LB for.

I'm thinking about trying to deal some of my depth, just so I can have a little wiggle room. The next few weeks, I have a couple IDPs with byes and most are guys I want to hold onto, (like the above example with McKinney) because they will get scooped up if I let them go on the waiver wire. I can try to get them back, but it is a blind auction system that we use, so I will have to pay (probably around $5 per player if I want a realistic shot at getting them back.) I was very close to a deal for AJ Green earlier in the season, so I could revisit that. Also, I can check with the guy who has Antonio Brown, as he is not all that deep. Thinking about offering DT and Baldwin for one of them and possibly throwing in Kuechly if he is going to be out a few weeks. Dude with AJ has a solid team, but just lost Manny Sanders to injury and it could hurt his depth. A trade like this makes his team stronger, but like I said, I need the wiggle room. Plus, I'd be getting a stud in AJ. But, do you think I am offering too much? I could use draft picks to even it out if necessary. I just think the extra depth may be hurting me in this situation and if I can turn a couple 1/2 tweeners into a bona fide #1 stud, I should do it.

I could also try to package Mariota, Winston and a RB or WR for Brady and maybe a draft pick. I would be overpaying, but it seems worth it for the empty spaces for my bye week replacements, then I can cuff up my RBs after the byes, like I normally do.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like extra space. Even pay a little more to make room for someone I want on waivers.

A couple things.... yes, I would give up DT and Baldy for Green or Brown, I really don't think that's enough actually. And, what does the wire look like in reference to IDP?

I wouldn't really have a problem selling anyone on that side of the ball if it made my offense better, and the wire was decent enough (lots of match ups to take advantage of every week)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always like extra space. Even pay a little more to make room for someone I want on waivers.

A couple things.... yes, I would give up DT and Baldy for Green or Brown, I really don't think that's enough actually. And, what does the wire look like in reference to IDP?

I wouldn't really have a problem selling anyone on that side of the ball if it made my offense better, and the wire was decent enough (lots of match ups to take advantage of every week)
The wire is solid, especially at LB, but the next couple weeks I have 1 DB on bye each week and I have 2 top 5 guys (Landon Collins and Harrison Smith). IDPs are such a crap shoot and I feel like I have some consistent ones.

I think I can afford to give up those 2 WRs plus either a RB or maybe Luke Kuechly (because guy with AJ loves him) and that would leave me with the room I think I need to wiggle around these byes without hurting my depth too much.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer the Kuechly for Green deal to get it done, imo.

got to move him before he gets another concussion

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, consolidate those WRs.

You should be able to sling Mixon or Coleman too. Either to up an offer or just straight up for a guy to help through the byes and then be your depth.

Another important piece of information is what's your record and how many teams make the playoffs? I have some serious bye week hell coming up in weeks 8 and 9, and I'm considering just throwing some zeros on the board and letting the other guys try to win it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree, but if u dont start TE , why do you have 2 of them?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, consolidate those WRs.

You should be able to sling Mixon or Coleman too. Either to up an offer or just straight up for a guy to help through the byes and then be your depth.

Another important piece of information is what's your record and how many teams make the playoffs? I have some serious bye week hell coming up in weeks 8 and 9, and I'm considering just throwing some zeros on the board and letting the other guys try to win it.
12 team league, 6 playoff spots. I am 3-3 right now. 2 others in my division are 3-3 and 1 guy is 2-4. I am considering taking the 0 for Kuechly this week because the guy I am playing is 0-6 and doesn't have much in his lineup outside of Julio. But I would feel better about it if I was 5-1 or something. I had the opportunity to separate myself a bit from my division the last two weeks and took two hard losses, mostly due to a lot of bye week messes and injuries. I just traded for Mixon, but Coleman is a possibility as a throw in... especially to the guy who has AJ.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, but if u dont start TE , why do you have 2 of them?
We do start a TE. I had Graham on bye, so I had to get Fleener to fill in. Brilliant move on my part. I love goose eggs.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer the Kuechly for Green deal to get it done, imo.

got to move him before he gets another concussion
I offered DT, Baldy, and Kuechly for AJ. Waiting to hear back.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure I will have to overpay, but I can afford to... unless one of my WRs gets hurt... then I am in a bad spot.
its that trade the pisses ppl off bc u did overpy but u made ur team so much better

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more like DT and Keuchly for green, baldwin seems like a huge kicker

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuechly's worthless so it would have to be DT and Baldwin together to get Green. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if the AJ owner declines.

But Seattle's off the bye now so why can't you just dump Clay and Fleener to free up a couple slots?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player, but LB's are a dime a dozen in IDP leagues, he hasn't played a full season in 3 years, and his health status is in question again at the moment. His trade value is pretty much zero.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player, but LB's are a dime a dozen in IDP leagues, he hasn't played a full season in 3 years, and his health status is in question again at the moment. His trade value is pretty much zero.
It’s 4