• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darnell Mooney bu-bye

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye Darnell Mooney. Idiots in here thought you were "Tyree Hill lite" but I knew you weren't. Bu-bu-bu-byte you overrated "WR".

LSD was reminded (or whatever other bullshit put himself into a corner comment) of Tyreek Hill when looking at Mooney
Grey pubes said defenses would have to worry about Mooney and that Mooney route running is elite.
justanidiot wanted to extend Mooney.
"With Moore, Mooney, and Claypool.....you do not need a Travis Kelce at TE."

LOL. My gosh, and these are the regulars on this board!

One thing about the idiots here. They want WRs every year but their ability to scout them is HORRENDOUS. It's like a never ending retarded cycle.
Fields is absolute shit.

Mooney can run, catch and get open.

You don't see straight, sir.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is so short sighted in here. Who cares about next year? Keenan Allen does nothing to help rebuild. He just hurts it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is absolute shit.

Mooney can run, catch and get open.

You don't see straight, sir.
You missed the point entirely. Congrats new guy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why take that chance? Should we just give up on all our late picks because “odds are they will be gone”? 4th is not that late of a pick. This is stupid trade all around that doesn’t coincide with the plan. Hate to burst everyone bubble but we ain’t winning the sb next year with or wout Keenan which makes this trade so puzzling to me.

Maybe Poles wants a decent record to save his job.
Maybe he’s just stacking the offense so his QB succeeds? Keenan Allen would be a terrible move if we were depending on him to be our WR1.

Let me ask you this. What would it take for you to consider this a good trade after Allen retires? How long does he need to be here and what stats does he need to accumulate?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is so short sighted in here. Who cares about next year? Keenan Allen does nothing to help rebuild. He just hurts it.
He fills in a huge hole at Wr. Bears did not have one, fill in or not. How hard is that for you to understand? Yes this is a deep wr draft, but as of right now Bears do not have a lot of picks.

Hence, I do not see the Bears keeping pick 9 which may eliminate the top 3 Wr in the draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fills in a huge hole at Wr. Bears did not have one, fill in or not. How hard is that for you to understand? Yes this is a deep wr draft, but as of right now Bears do not have a lot of picks.
It's NOT about filling holes with 32 year old WRs with history of injuries. Why is this so complex? You fill holes with 32 year old WRs when you are on the cusp of putting your team over the top. Are you seriously this dense?

We have major line issues, QB issues and you think filling a hole at WR2 for ONE YEAR by giving up the very commodity even you acknowledge we don't have much of is a good idea?

Seriously are people in here this retarded? How short sighted are you exactly?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this. What would it take for you to consider this a good trade after Allen retires? How long does he need to be here and what stats does he need to accumulate?
I wouldn't have minded giving up a 5th. 4th is too high.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's NOT about filling holes with 32 year old WRs with history of injuries. Why is this so complex? You fill holes with 32 year old WRs when you are on the cusp of putting your team over the top. Are you seriously this dense?

We have major line issues, QB issues and you think filling a hole at WR2 for ONE YEAR by giving up the very commodity even you acknowledge we don't have much of is a good idea?

Seriously are people in here this retarded? How short sighted are you exactly?
With a new QB incoming, maybe, does not hurt to have a very good, when healthy, vet around. Don't care if it is a short term rental, one is better than none. Hey, would I prefer Jamar Chase, sure. Bears had to TRADE for a WR because with uncertainty at QB, who is coming to Chicago? Can you definitely tell me right now who starts at QB next year for the Bears and that he will have a decent season?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a new QB incoming, maybe, does not hurt to have a very good, when healthy, vet around.
We have that, DJ Moore.
Don't care if it is a short term rental, ot is better than none
That's the difference. I do care. I do care about wasting draft picks for short term rentals. And so should every other Bears fan. Especially for a team that's rebuilding, you think long term. Short term thinking is for retards
Bears had to TRADE for a WR because with uncertainty at QB, who is coming to Chicago?
No they didn't HAVE TO TRADE for a WR.
Can you definitely tell me right now who starts at QB next year for the Bears and that he will have a decent season?
No one knows who the QB, just another long line procession of unknowns on this team but yay, we have Keenan Allen for one year. Whoopdifuckingdoodie.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not what I’m asking. Give us a threshold as to what a failure and a success are in this situation.
Failure: Giving up a 4th for him
Success: We sign him to a team friendly deal and he can give us 70+/1000+/6+ for the next 4 years.

Pretty dumb question but I hope you are happy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failure: Giving up a 4th for him
Success: We sign him to a team friendly deal and he can give us 70+/1000+/6+ for the next 4 years.

Pretty dumb question but I hope you are happy.
What if he plays the next 10 years for us and has an even better career than when he was at San Diego. Would that still not be worth a 4th rounder?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he plays the next 10 years for us and has an even better career than when he was at San Diego. Would that still not be worth a 4th rounder?
yes. If by some miracle he can play til he's lol 42.

But you're missing one key point. We traded a 4th for a 32 year guy with 1 year left on his contract. If you want Keenan that bad, sign him as a free agent next year and keep the 4th. Do you think that's better? Or is it so imperative we trade a 4th for him THIS YEAR because whoever our QB is and however fix both lines, we're going to the SB baby!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. If by some miracle he can play til he's lol 42.

But you're missing one key point. We traded a 4th for a 32 year guy with 1 year left on his contract. If you want Keenan that bad, sign him as a free agent next year and keep the 4th. Do you think that's better? Or is it so imperative we trade a 4th for him THIS YEAR because whoever our QB is and however fix both lines, we're going to the SB baby!
I think it’s a move that could very well end up bombing. Or we might take a rookie WR that isn’t ready quite yet and needs a little polish, and Keenan Allen tears it up for Caleb in the process. I’m not opposed to beefing the offense up a ton this year. A 4th rounder for a #1 calibre WR that compliments DJ Moore very well isn’t a bad deal. If you’re taking Caleb Williams, it makes a ton of sense. That fourth rounder probably could’ve been used on a serviceable player, but it’s not some huge loss.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have that, DJ Moore.

That's the difference. I do care. I do care about wasting draft picks for short term rentals. And so should every other Bears fan. Especially for a team that's rebuilding, you think long term. Short term thinking is for retards

No they didn't HAVE TO TRADE for a WR.

No one knows who the QB, just another long line procession of unknowns on this team but yay, we have Keenan Allen for one year. Whoopdifuckingdoodie.
Correct, all the Bears have at Wr is DJ and a bunch of scrubs. You still have to field a Team rebuilding or not. You can't go into a season with 1 starting Wr, unless you like running 1 Wr sets.

And again, my point, no free agent Wr is going to a team with no qb. It is a business, Wr want to make money, as you put it, "long term". They do that by going to a team with a qb that highlights your talent.

None of us are GM's, none of us are fielding calls from agents, we as fans can only read between the lines. What I'm seeing from a Team with $ to spend, no one of significance is signing, because no one knows who's steering the ship, qb wise And you HAVE to spend the money, NFL rules require it.

So yea, we do agree you build with draft picks long term. And as of right now, zero Bears first round picks on this roster aside from Fields who is trying to be traded and Wright. There in is the problem and not Poles fault.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, all the Bears have at Wr is DJ and a bunch of scrubs. You still have to field a Team rebuilding or not. You can't go into a season with 1 starting Wr, unless you like running 1 Wr sets.

And again, my point, no free agent Wr is going to a team with no qb. It is a business, Wr want to make money, as you put it, "long term". They do that by going to a team with a qb that highlights your talent.

I'm not saying go into the season with NO WR2. Pick fucking anyone up, it's not that important to the long term goals. I don't care who it is as long as you don't use draft capital. And lets be completely fair here (despite the headline of this thread). Darnell Mooney is not a bad WR. He's certainly not anywhere near comparable to Tyreek Hill (which was the point) but he's decent at least. And we couldn't even get him the ball. Pick up Renfrow, whatever, anyone.

Such horseshit about FAs not wanting to come here. Why did Adam Thielen sign with Panthers last year then? Why were we able to sign so many free agents this time last year despite our shit record? I'm not asking to sign Justin Jefferson, that time will come if we execute on the rebuild. Until then, there is absolutely no reason to give up a 4th for a 1 year 32 year old Vet with injury history.

How are people in here so dumb. I heard the same bullshit last year people justifying trading a 2nd for Claypool. Here we are again. More draft capital given up for a piece that will go nowhere in terms of long term rebuild. NOTHING.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying go into the season with NO WR2. Pick fucking anyone up, it's not that important to the long term goals. I don't care who it is as long as you don't use draft capital. And lets be completely fair here (despite the headline of this thread). Darnell Mooney is not a bad WR. He's certainly not anywhere near comparable to Tyreek Hill (which was the point) but he's decent at least. And we couldn't even get him the ball. Pick up Renfrow, whatever, anyone.

Such horseshit about FAs not wanting to come here. Why did Adam Thielen sign with Panthers last year then? Why were we able to sign so many free agents this time last year despite our shit record? I'm not asking to sign Justin Jefferson, that time will come if we execute on the rebuild. Until then, there is absolutely no reason to give up a 4th for a 1 year 32 year old Vet with injury history.

How are people in here so dumb. I heard the same bullshit last year people justifying trading a 2nd for Claypool. Here we are again. More draft capital given up for a piece that will go nowhere in terms of long term rebuild. NOTHING.

Likely that we recoup our 4th round pick when we trade Fields. Think of it like we traded Fields for Allen and used up some current year cap space that would have been spent on subpar remaining free agents anyway.

No need to be a drama queen about it. Unlike Claypool, this trade is almost universally being seen in a positive light from the fanbase. You’re on an island even moreso than usual with this one.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not disagree with your assertions other than to say, Bears have to spend money. If not Allen then they are paying someone. Allen is a one year rental to help with a rookie qb (one hopes). Giving him two wide out veterns that know their position, know how to read NFL defenses to make the proper route reads. Don't shake the Rook with 3-4 mediocrity, give him a chance.

Hasn't that been one criticism of the Bears organization? Lack of skilled positional talent to put around Fields? And we want to see a NEW qb have the same issue?

As it stands, atleast now Caleb has perhaps, when healthy, the best starting Wr tandem in the North. That's two 1200+ receiving yards Wr to start.