• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slay Traded To Eagles

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Slay vs Patricia is blowing up. Fatty is obviously a fat prick, but Slay has some sensitive diva in him. He would get eaten alive in the PF.

would anyone be able to decipher what Slay is putting down is the real question.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question any rankings that don't have Slay in the top 40. Was he the best in the league? No. Was he top 10? Maybe, maybe not. But top 15-20? Hell yes he was.

Not last season. And probably the season before. Slay is not a #1 corner. I would not pay a guy 15 million plus for 2 or 3 years that will be on the wrong side of 30. If Slay justified a top 20 ranking he would have gotten a second round offer. He talked a better game than he played. The market said he is worth a 3rd, high third if added with the 5th but still not a second rounder.

I just hope they can trade back a couple of spots, get some picks and still get Okuda.

But watch them take him at 3 at claim he would have gone to NY at 4. The Giants then trade back 1 spot w Miami and get an extra 1st making BQ look like an idiot once again.

The way free agency played out the Lions may not get a trade offer on the top 6. It all depends if the Chargers and Dolphins love Tua. If the Chargers or Dolphins like Herbert or Love the Lions are screwed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not last season. And probably the season before. Slay is not a #1 corner. I would not pay a guy 15 million plus for 2 or 3 years that will be on the wrong side of 30. If Slay justified a top 20 ranking he would have gotten a second round offer. He talked a better game than he played. The market said he is worth a 3rd, high third if added with the 5th but still not a second rounder.

The way free agency played out the Lions may not get a trade offer on the top 6. It all depends if the Chargers and Dolphins love Tua. If the Chargers or Dolphins like Herbert or Love the Lions are screwed.

I’m fully prepared to be screwed.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I think Quinn and Patricia have been a dumpster fire.

Taking a perennial fringe playoff team to back to back top 10 picks in the draft. Yeah, I would say so.
They already burned one. Really hoping these fucks can make the obvious choice at 3.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Young is on the board at #3. The Lions shouldn't even think about trading down. You just take Young.
Tired of this team having a dog shit defense. Last time our D was legit was with Suh and Fairley and we won 12-13 games I believe.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Young is on the board at #3. The Lions shouldn't even think about trading down. You just take Young.
Tired of this team having a dog shit defense. Last time our D was legit was with Suh and Fairley and we won 12-13 games I believe.

Even that year was lucky. Weak schedule and something like 9 late q4 comebacks. That team was not as good as its record.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the crying about. You want to pay Slay 17 mil a year? If they did that you would be bitching that they paid an over the hill CB as if he were a shutdown CB.

A second would have been a good trade. A 3rd and 5th for him when you cant sign him anyway and he is 29 is not too bad. I would say average anyway.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the crying about. You want to pay Slay 17 mil a year? If they did that you would be bitching that they paid an over the hill CB as if he were a shutdown CB.

guaranteed money was 30M

Pretty damn easy to pay that in years 2021 and 2022 - 15M each year - and be done with it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck all the total contract money stated that's being thrown out from the media and later posted.

It's all about the guaranteed money and how soon you can get that out of the way.

Smart GM's can/will do that quickly but this GM has been back-loading contracts for the last 2 years.

Don't even waste your damn time coming back to me with the usual bullshit excuse, "The salary cap grows by 10-12M every year". It's fucking non-sense to make that statement. That increase is already lost by the back-loaded contracts.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I want Fat Pat to pay out of his own pocket and it not to count against the salary cap as well.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guaranteed money was 30M

Pretty damn easy to pay that in years 2021 and 2022 - 15M each year - and be done with it.

Sounds easy but you hired a coach that Slay and nobody else wants to play for either.
Now what do you do?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds easy but you hired a coach that Slay and nobody else wants to play for either.
Now what do you do?

I take the "Trump approach"

not my fault

let it play out...………….. then

You're fired

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question any rankings that don't have Slay in the top 40. Was he the best in the league? No. Was he top 10? Maybe, maybe not. But top 15-20? Hell yes he was.

Quarterback rating has always been considered a flawed stat PFF spending their time rating every position is even more flawed. When the company started they collected interesting/sometimes useful situational stats, now all they do is put out top 10 lists and push their BS rating systems fuck PFF.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck PFF.

I never thought I'd read that coming from you.

but I have to state they still have some good situational stats that are useful. (especially for me when it comes to CFB to find tidbits that I'm unable to locate elsewhere).

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'd read that coming from you.

but I have to state they still have some good situational stats that are useful. (especially for me when it comes to CFB to find tidbits that I'm unable to locate elsewhere).

Since CC bought them they've been releasing fewer and fewer interesting articles he's turned them into ESPN with Madden ratings.

Situation stats and even common stats are great made up BS like Wins above replacement and +- rating systems are garbage

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since CC bought them they've been releasing fewer and fewer interesting articles he's turned them into ESPN with Madden ratings.

Situation stats and even common stats are great made up BS like Wins above replacement and +- rating systems are garbage

I've heard that their analysts are not exactly football people. TJ Lang hates them with a passion, offered to do a joint breakdown of film with one of their 'experts' that breaks down offensive line plays, but they declined. Dude apparently lives in India, which is interesting...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure if the original PFF guys are even involved with the company anymore all you ever see on their channel is are the newer guys Chris Collinsworth brought in they feel a lot more corporate now.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take the "Trump approach"

not my fault

let it play out...………….. then

You're fired

I could see you having a lot of success with that. The most success actually. Many many people would say that it's super successful.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that year was lucky. Weak schedule and something like 9 late q4 comebacks. That team was not as good as its record.
Funny, people think they're underachievers when they're actually overpaid actors, sandbaggers and schedule fillers. Stafford entire career is nothing BUT 4th quarter comeback "tries," outside of the blatant calls by the officials and the occasional blowout of 21 points or more.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I think Quinn and Patricia have been a dumpster fire.

But Slay needs to keep his mouth shut until he is in the top 40 PFF CB rankings at least. He still talks like he is a shutdown corner. A shutdown corner would have had teams lining up to give the Lions at least a 2nd.

Nobody was afraid to throw at him last year and if you you look at the last 2 years he is definitely trending the wrong way. I don't think Philly fans will buy it's Patricia's fault when Cooper torches him.

The bigger problem for Detroit is they had no true replacement getting groomed. The roster is littered with backups at the DB position.
Cooper had 3 receptions for 38 yards when he went against Slay in November.