• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers - Revisionist history

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the post had nothing to do with race. It had no racist feel to it, it was a clip from the show Dexter of the title character owning a guy that was trying to go after him. You are the only one bringing race into the matter trying to deflect from the topic at hand and this has nothing to do with who has more friends either.

Well the post was meant to be a joke, and it's very fitting that people take my jokes seriously enough that I would get six or seven replies to it. My point was that for those who have never seen the show (like myself), one may see the black guy being head-butted and take some things out of context.

If you say that I'm trying to deflect the primary topic of the post, then why don't you tell me what the primary topic was to your vantage point. Probably nothing to do with the Sixers, that one's for sure...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the post was meant to be a joke, and it's very fitting that people take my jokes seriously enough that I would get six or seven replies to it. My point was that for those who have never seen the show (like myself), one may see the black guy being head-butted and take some things out of context.

If you say that I'm trying to deflect the primary topic of the post, then why don't you tell me what the primary topic was to your vantage point. Probably nothing to do with the Sixers, that one's for sure...

Quite funny that you now say it was a joke after responding seriously a couple of times and being ripped apart....actually appropriate on a revisionist history thread.

If you want me to spell it out for you here we go. My interpretation of the Meccas post (and I believe most peoples') was that your whole point of starting the thread was to try and stick it to tlance, who has long backed the Sixers rebuild process, by saying they did it poorly because they would be even better if they had not drafted Okafor. You do have a history of starting threads to try and call out people or fan bases in such a way. Far more often than not you are either proven wrong or just (sometimes wrongly) mocked. So the graphic was to say that she would think that you would have learned from these experiences and not set yourself up for such abuse (getting owned by tlance, in this case). Now, like all jokes, it has lost its impact since it apparently went over your head and had to be explained.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite funny that you now say it was a joke after responding seriously a couple of times and being ripped apart....actually appropriate on a revisionist history thread.

If you want me to spell it out for you here we go. My interpretation of the Meccas post (and I believe most peoples') was that your whole point of starting the thread was to try and stick it to tlance, who has long backed the Sixers rebuild process, by saying they did it poorly because they would be even better if they had not drafted Okafor. You do have a history of starting threads to try and call out people or fan bases in such a way. Far more often than not you are either proven wrong or just (sometimes wrongly) mocked. So the graphic was to say that she would think that you would have learned from these experiences and not set yourself up for such abuse (getting owned by tlance, in this case). Now, like all jokes, it has lost its impact since it apparently went over your head and had to be explained.

And I had explained at least two other times that it didn't, and that I was merely trying to provide a different twist to it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. I don't think he has one.

Because if they had Porzingas, they would not have Simmons.

You don't know this. The Sixers won 10 games during Okafor's rookie season. It's rather doubtful that rookie Porzingis (spell his name correctly) would have doubled their overall win total that they actually had without him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why must you post a clip of a black guy being head-butted??? Racist.
clayton-bigsby.gif

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had explained at least two other times that it didn't, and that I was merely trying to provide a different twist to it.
I see no such explanation of anything as your post calling racist was your second on the thread.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no such explanation of anything as your post calling racist was your second on the thread.
Don't let him rile you up.

We both know the implication of my post.

Once again Hurricane steps on his own Dick.

But, I appreciate the fact that you spoke up.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let him rile you up.

We both know the implication of my post.

Once again Hurricane steps on his own Dick.

But, I appreciate the fact that you spoke up.

gotta admit the his attempt to explain... as in tap dance.. through it was funny...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@logic ......My gift to you for being a stand-up guy.

I'm gonna put the whammy on myself....lol

The Clippers will definitely have two lottery picks this Summer because there is zero chance the Pistons jump into the top 3.

* Black cat, buzzards luck, Mecca Magic Mojo *

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@logic ......My gift to you for being a stand-up guy.

I'm gonna put the whammy on myself....lol

The Clippers will definitely have two lottery picks this Summer because there is zero chance the Pistons jump into the top 3.

* Black cat, buzzards luck, Mecca Magic Mojo *
Thanks, but I thing VanGundy's genius has locked them in cap hell for the next 5 years. Though a top 3 pick, if the team can stay healthy, would be nice.

Knowing the Pistons they will jump up to the #5 and just miss keeping it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, but I thing VanGundy's genius has locked them in cap hell for the next 5 years. Though a top 3 pick, if the team can stay healthy, would be nice.

Who would you want?

That high, I think you have to take Doncic.

But, Mikal Bridges would be a nice fit.

I'm still hesitant on Porter Jr.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you want?

That high, I think you have to take Doncic.

But, Mikal Bridges would be a nice fit.
I haven't paid much attentions actually. VanGundy would probably take Grayson Allen.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickelback. Really? Nickelback.:facepalm3:

Might be hard to believe but they were actually a grunge band during the 90's. The guy apparently wrote the song about himself. lol

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are indeed talking draft picks, this is not possible. If the Pistons indeed fail to obtain a top three pick in the lottery, they'd be locked in at #12 and the pick would in fact go to the Clippers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what the intent of the post was, it was poorly executed for one since I ain't black, and two since kind of had a racist feel to it. And just because tlance has more e-friends than I have don't mean shit.

What the hell do I have to do with any of this?

Like I have said before. When you have issues with everybody, you are the issue.

I guess any time someone physically assaults someone of a another race it means they are racist then, huh? That is among the most ignorant things you have ever said on here. If the man were being assaulted because of his race, then it would be racist. Like @logic said, the GIF was from a popular Showtime series and the assault had nothing to do with skin color.

Nice job changing the topic off your miserable failure of a thread though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't paid much attentions actually. VanGundy would probably take Grayson Allen.

Grayson Allen and Blake would make a really nice combo.

As soon as somebody from the other team starts going off, Allen can trip him, then Blake can either sucker punch him or throw water on him. It could work.