• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers - Revisionist history

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball and Ingram are sill missing tons of games once the Lakers are ready to win, then you have something to worry about. Until then, it is a whole lot of nothing IMO.

Oh, I definitely agree. I don't have any question about their ability to stay healthy yet. But I've read/heard some who do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:suds:
IMG_5862.GIF

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that negative?

If I could take any roster in the entire NBA, I would take:

1: Golden State
2: Philly

Boston is on a short list of teams I would consider for the next spot. If you take that as negative, then I can't help you.

actually i read this in my mind as in the East. My bad. i got a little salty

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with young players on non-contending teams is that the organization is always going to err on the side of caution with injury no matter how minor. And they should.

If Ball and Ingram are sill missing tons of games once the Lakers are ready to win, then you have something to worry about. Until then, it is a whole lot of nothing IMO.

Exactly. What's the point of risking further injury when the games don't matter. The Sixers absolutely did that with both Simmons and Embiid.

Even this year, the Sixers felt no real pressure to bring back Fultz. They were winning games and on schedule. So why rush him back?

If the Lakers were making a real push for a playoff spot, then I bet you would see Ball and Ingram playing. But there is no reason to do that when they are eliminated.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What's the point of risking further injury when the games don't matter. The Sixers absolutely did that with both Simmons and Embiid.

Simmons, yes.

Embiid has played in 94 games in 4 years. That's not even 1.25 seasons. Prior to this season, he didn't even have half a seasons worth of games under his belt. That's not simply being cautious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons, yes.

Embiid has played in 94 games in 4 years. That's not even 1.25 seasons. Prior to this season, he didn't even have half a seasons worth of games under his belt. That's not simply being cautious.

Everyone has admitted Embiid carries injury risk.

That said, I know there were at least 15-20 games Embiid missed last year that he could have played in. It is quite possible he could have made his debut 2 years ago. The 6ers were being extra cautious with him because his injury history is real.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons, yes.

Embiid was drafted knowing that he was going to miss a season. The injury didn't heal properly and he wound up missing another season.

However, his knee injury last year was more questionable. Embiid was shelved within a couple of weeks of Simmons being shelved for the season. The Sixers went full tank after that and got the 3 pick. If Simmons had come back I suspect that Embiid would have played more games.

Having said all that, there is no question that Embiid carries an injury risk. Big men with foot issues are always a concern. I suspect that the Sixers will always look at Embiid has a 65 games a season kinda guy, at least in the regular season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said all that, there is no question that Embiid carries an injury risk. Big men with foot issues are always a concern. I suspect that the Sixers will always look at Embiid has a 65 games a season kinda guy, at least in the regular season.

That wouldn't be too bad. Although I hope he's able to play more. That guy is a lot of fun to watch. After the Lakers (and a few other teams) experience with Andrew Bynum, I tend to worry about bigs who miss a lot of time early.

Plus, as you mentioned, bigs with foot issues are always a concern anyway, no matter when they happen.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_inline_mm2sdjuYRq1qz4rgp.gif

Why must you post a clip of a black guy being head-butted??? Racist.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the poster was racist, just that it was a racist post.
I think you missed the point of the post if you think it had anything to do with race.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point of the post if you think it had anything to do with race.

I know exactly what the intent of the post was, it was poorly executed for one since I ain't black, and two since kind of had a racist feel to it. And just because tlance has more e-friends than I have don't mean shit.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what the intent of the post was, it was poorly executed for one since I ain't black, and two since kind of had a racist feel to it. And just because tlance has more e-friends than I have don't mean shit.
Again, the post had nothing to do with race. It had no racist feel to it, it was a clip from the show Dexter of the title character owning a guy that was trying to go after him. You are the only one bringing race into the matter trying to deflect from the topic at hand and this has nothing to do with who has more friends either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the post had nothing to do with race. It had no racist feel to it, it was a clip from the show Dexter of the title character owning a guy that was trying to go after him. You are the only one bringing race into the matter trying to deflect from the topic at hand and this has nothing to do with who has more friends either.

Cane missing the point as always.

Why am I not surprised?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gotta admit i wondered where the "friends" part came in...:scratch: