• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Six Hall of Famers MLB Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose hit leadoff as well as two hole. As I said, Rose is a non HOFer, so when I draft a HOFer, we can compare him to Rickey, and when you draft a non HOFer, we can compare him to Rose. We'll see how that works out for ya

I get that... I am just not a fan at all of pete rose... Yes he deserves to make the HOF(and will make it one day), but i really have him as one of the WORST HOFers(who deserve it)...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that... I am just not a fan at all of pete rose... Yes he deserves to make the HOF(and will make it one day), but i really have him as one of the WORST HOFers(who deserve it)...
Absurd. I could go through a book of accomplishments, but let's set UK and Milks opinions to the side for a second

MLB All 20th Century Team

Oh....and I didn't spend an HOF pick for him. The End

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm glad UK took Rose instead of me. :D I can't believe I didn't see Henderson. Great pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is a total compiler(and i don't mean that in any bad way), he only had 5 seasons with an OBP higher than .400, he is not a HR hitter nor was he a speedster, with his best SB season to be 20 and best HR to be 16... So the only reason why he is SO great is because he has the MOST hits in baseball history but thats because he played for so long... If he played for 15 seasons he would not have made the HOF, even if you took his best 15 seasons

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a total compiler(and i don't mean that in any bad way), he only had 5 seasons with an OBP higher than .400, he is not a HR hitter nor was he a speedster, with his best SB season to be 20 and best HR to be 16... So the only reason why he is SO great is because he has the MOST hits in baseball history but thats because he played for so long... If he played for 15 seasons he would not have made the HOF, even if you took his best 15 seasons

Now you're making yourself look silly. Compiler? LMFAO. The guy hit over .300 16 times. SIXTEEN!!! He's widely considered one of the top 5 leadoff hitters ever, he was a League MVP, World Series MVP, 3 time batting champ, 2 time good glove, 17 times all star on one of the greatest teams in baseball history. When you select your first non HOF hitter, I can't wait to compare notes

He would have been 1st ballot, period

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....and your ''he would not have made the HOF if he played 15 seasons, even if you took his best 15".....horsecrap

Pete Rose top 15 season's - AVERAGE.... .323

Number of times Rickey Henderson his .323 in his ENTIRE 24 year career(.279 career average)...2

You're killing yourself Dude

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're making yourself look silly. Compiler? LMFAO. The guy hit over .300 16 times. SIXTEEN!!! He's widely considered one of the top 5 leadoff hitters ever, he was a League MVP, World Series MVP, 3 time batting champ, 2 time good glove, 17 times all star on one of the greatest teams in baseball history. When you select your first non HOF hitter, I can't wait to compare notes

He would have been 1st ballot, period

You bring up his MVP season, he was not even close to being as good as Joe Morgan, Darrel Evans, and a couple others... He only was MVP because he lead the league in BA... That was when BA meant everything... But it wasn't even like his BA that season was that special it was only .338...

Rickey henderson as a lead off man has a career OBP of .401 compared to pete roses .375 and Henderson is of course the best SB guy in baseball history... He too is a compiler, and i am not going to say otherwise... But to say Pete rose is a better top of the order guy than henderson is just flat out WRONG...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i don't argue he would be first ballot HOF, he would have been... Just like Derek Jeter will... But in comparing them with the greats, they are just not as great...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up his MVP season, he was not even close to being as good as Joe Morgan, Darrel Evans, and a couple others... He only was MVP because he lead the league in BA... That was when BA meant everything... But it wasn't even like his BA that season was that special it was only .338...

Rickey henderson as a lead off man has a career OBP of .401 compared to pete roses .375 and Henderson is of course the best SB guy in baseball history... He too is a compiler, and i am not going to say otherwise... But to say Pete rose is a better top of the order guy than henderson is just flat out WRONG...
All of our comments are time stamped, please pull up the one where I said he was a better leadoff hitter than Henderson... He's the 3rd best in the last 50 years(my opinion), and maybe 5th best ever
Look, you want to debate whether he ever deserves to be in the Hall after betting on baseball....very valid. You want to debate whether or not he was a great player.....totally clueless

If he hadn't bet on the game, he was a 1st ballet HOFers. If you debate that, your just wrong, period

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i don't argue he would be first ballot HOF, he would have been... Just like Derek Jeter will... But in comparing them with the greats, they are just not as great...
Since I consider Jeter to be one of the 5-6 greatest SS's ever, I can live with that.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We save the compiler term for Craig Biggio around these parts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We save the compiler term for Craig Biggio around these parts

First off, i don't think compiler is a negative term... What it really means is that the player was consistent,healthy, and played for a long time, all are HUGE achievements... And all are legitimate reasons to make the HOF... But once you make it to the HOF you are being compared to other HOF players...

and in drafts like this, aren't we looking for players who do better than compile??

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, i don't think compiler is a negative term... What it really means is that the player was consistent,healthy, and played for a long time, all are HUGE achievements... And all are legitimate reasons to make the HOF... But once you make it to the HOF you are being compared to other HOF players...

I like guys who are dominant over a shorter period than very good over a longer period. Just my preference.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also
I like guys who are dominant over a shorter period than very good over a longer period. Just my preference.

It really depends... but yea i agree...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in a draft like this would you pick Jeter(if he was eligible)??
If I still had 6 HOF picks after I took him? You're damn straightlol . Non HOF pick. Jeter wouldn't have to be better than Honus Wagner.... Just a lot better than Tony Fernandez