• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since the Lions game this past weekend never happened.......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- I didn't get to watch the game this past weekend, so to me it never happened.:suds:

I figured I'd take this time to brag about my niece. Not only is she the kicker for the Varsity football team, which she is 9 for 10 on extra points (should be 9 for 9, as the holder bobbled the snap on the first attempt of the year and the ball never even got off the ground) and 1 for 1 on field goals, but she is also handling the kickoffs for the team. Not bad for a girl who weighs all of 125 lbs soaking wet at 5'10".

Michigan State Champs came to interview at a practice last week and she was all excited telling me about it at breakfast on Sunday. I figured I'd pass it along.

Who knows -- maybe the Lions front office see this and bring her in for a tryout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Hx1RAWeo0

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to add in -- she was also named to the homecoming court and is going to the dance with her best friend, who is also a football player. So while all the others will be dressed in gowns and tuxes -- she will be walked out by a football player, while she is wearing her football uniform.

They announce the winner at halftime of the football game.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great video and congrats to her. However, that was a very dumb last question they asked her.

Question, what's the furthest she's kicked on a kickoff?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have her kick to the sideline -- it usually ends up somewhere between the 5 and 15 yard line. She has kicked it into the end zone this year though for a touch back. It was pretty cool to see, as she doesn't show a lot of emotion and she was pumping her fist when she did that.

She didn't handle the kickoffs last year, as it was the first time she had ever kicked a football. It is actually pretty bizarre how they tee it up on her kickoffs. This year, it looks almost as if she doesn't even use a tee on kickoffs as the ball isn't tee'd up like normal. It looks like it is almost on the ground. I think she is comfortable kicking like that because she has played soccer all her life. It works though.

She was honorable mention all-downriver as the kicker for Allen Park last year.