• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmons or Ingram?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who goes where? As a lakers fan I'd be happy with either one but I think Ingram fits better with the team.

Simmons goes to Philly
Ingram goes to LA

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who goes where? As a lakers fan I'd be happy with either one but I think Ingram fits better with the team.

Simmons goes to Philly
Ingram goes to LA

Ohh, good one. I too would be happy with either. Ingram is supposed to be more NBA ready, but Simmons is supposed to have more upside...

VERY close call on this one, but i lean ever-so-slightly towards Ingram...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. I think Ingram fills more of a need. He's a better defender and can shoot from outside, but some are calling Simmons the next Lebron.

Rumors are that Simmons and his people are making noise about him wanting to go to the Lakers. It'll be interesting to see if the Sixers take him anyway or decide they don't want a guy who doesn't want them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons to Philly is basically a lock. The Sixers are already shopping Okafor and Noel, so that tells you all you need to know. They intend on taking that 6-10 guy that can play point forward or run the break as a smallball center.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons to Philly is basically a lock. The Sixers are already shopping Okafor and Noel, so that tells you all you need to know. They intend on taking that 6-10 guy that can play point forward or run the break as a smallball center.

I think Simmons is the pick, but it is really close. I agree with what others have said. Ingram looks safer, but Simmons has more upside. I would love to see either Noel or Okafor dealt to Boston for that pick. Simmons and Murray would be a lethal duo. Along win Saric and Embiid, they could turn the 6ers fortunes in pretty short order. They would need to sign a respected vet or two to teach the youngsters how to act though.

What I can't stand is hearing people denigrate Sam Hinkie as if the plan was to tank for all of eternity. He would have been turning the ship around this season regardless. Now somebody else will get all the credit.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said before, I'd rather have Simmons for the upside, because I think that he will dominate the league at some point. He has to work on his shot, and also he shys away from the moment in 4th quarters for the most part. On the flip side, if we "end up" with Ingram, I won't complain one bit. He's a better immediate fit, and he spreads the floor, which I'm sure fits right into what Luke wants to do. Plus the dude has a freakin 7'3 wingspan

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I can't stand is hearing people denigrate Sam Hinkie as if the plan was to tank for all of eternity. He would have been turning the ship around this season regardless. Now somebody else will get all the credit.

Sam Hinkie was a great wheeler dealer that did a great job collecting assets.

He needed a better basketball mind to help him collect talent though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Simmons. His Dad has a connection with the Franchise.

So, if Philly picks him, it won't be a issue.

With that being said, last year, it was written that Flip was leaning towards Okafor.

Until he saw KAT work out.....

Same could happen here.

I look back at these articles now and it makes me chuckle.

Flip Saunders Still Favors Okafor Over Towns - RealGM Wiretap

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a clear #1 pick. With Simmons and Ingram in the mix it's more like #1a and #1b

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly reports are that Simmons will be the pick. I am worried it is a colossal mistake. The league is moving more and more in the direction of shooters. Simmons can't shoot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly reports are that Simmons will be the pick. I am worried it is a colossal mistake. The league is moving more and more in the direction of shooters. Simmons can't shoot.

You can always get shooters. There are shooters available later in this draft, you can make trades or sign FA's. You can't always get guys with Simmons all around skills.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always get shooters. There are shooters available later in this draft, you can make trades or sign FA's. You can't always get guys with Simmons all around skills.

I've been hearing shooters are a dime a dozen for 20 years. Yet the Sixers can never find them. Keep hearing you can draft athletes and teach them how to shoot Js. Rarely ever happens.

Tired of watching lottery pick brick layers like Evan Turner jack up crap while they are supposedly re-learning how to shoot the basketball at the pro level. Look at the Warriors to see where the league is headed. You need guys that can catch and shoot effortlessly, and that's a skill some never learn.

Even when Philly has hit on guys like this, it's been talents like Andre Igoudala and Thad Young, athletic wings who excelled in many areas but were ultimately just role players. We need a friggin' go-to offensive player!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with time to burn, this is a creative ass mock draft in video from...all 60 picks....wit highlights and player comparisons.

If you are not familiar with this crop of incoming draftees, it will get you up to speed.

YouTube

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the way to go, imo. Ingram shows talent, but Simmons possesses elite measurables, added with a great handle and passing ability. He doesn't need to become a 3 point shooter, but if he's able to knock down a mid-range shot with consistency, he could become a beast in the pick and roll. You could run a high post offense through him and design a team to fit his strengths. I'm not sure Ingram would ever be that type of player.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the way to go, imo. Ingram shows talent, but Simmons possesses elite measurables, added with a great handle and passing ability. He doesn't need to become a 3 point shooter, but if he's able to knock down a mid-range shot with consistency, he could become a beast in the pick and roll. You could run a high post offense through him and design a team to fit his strengths. I'm not sure Ingram would ever be that type of player.

Of course not. He's a much different player. Simmons will never be an elite '3 & D' type player that Ingram has the potential to be. Simmons clearly has the higher overall ceiling though. So close to having KAT and Simmons!