• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmons or Ingram?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie is the fucking man. A visionary. He got done dirty.

Somebody else might not get all the credit. Somebody else might fuck it all up. That is the concern.

Hinkie had a great plan. He needed a great basketball guy to help him build an actual team though. If he had that he would still have a job.

His wheeling and dealing was superb though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Simmons only met with the Sixers I think it's fairly clear the Lakers are going to end up with Ingram

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ingram goes to the Lakers unless the Lakers and Philly work a trade for Okafor.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take Buddy Hield top 3 but if he goes after that a lot of teams are going to be sorry. He is a straight up scorer.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take Buddy Hield top 3 but if he goes after that a lot of teams are going to be sorry. He is a straight up scorer.
I'm assuming Murray or Bender will go 3rd. Hield could possibly be better than both.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kris Dunn could most certainly go 3.
I read he won't even give the Celtics his medical records because he doesn't want to go to such a guard heavy team. I'm not saying they wouldn't draft him, but it's something to think about.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he won't even give the Celtics his medical records because he doesn't want to go to such a guard heavy team. I'm not saying they wouldn't draft him, but it's something to think about.

Fair enough. Not sure if that will stop the Celtics if they think he is their guy. But it might.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know to be great you don't have to have an outside shot but is he big enough to post up at will and use his mid-range. Obviously, he is young and he could find a decent shot eventually (Durant didn't have a shot coming out of Texas and look at him). But call me crazy I think Ingram will be better, not just right now but in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know to be great you don't have to have an outside shot but is he big enough to post up at will and use his mid-range. Obviously, he is young and he could find a decent shot eventually (Durant didn't have a shot coming out of Texas and look at him). But call me crazy I think Ingram will be better, not just right now but in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

if he comes to the Lakers that's kinda what I'M hoping. I said it before, but to me this kid is more NBA ready anyhow...

we'll see how it goes...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he comes to the Lakers that's kinda what I'M hoping. I said it before, but to me this kid is more NBA ready anyhow...

we'll see how it goes...

Physically...I do think he is more ready. He didn't play the best competition most of the season in the SEC but as far as a NBA body type Simmons is there, but I question is lack of shot which could come in time. Ingram has something you can't teach though, he has the length and wingspan (6'9" 196 but has a 7'3" wingspan) and his shot is unblockable like KD or Dirk. You add in the fact he shot 41% behind the arc at Duke and he could be a deadly scorer.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physically...I do think he is more ready. He didn't play the best competition most of the season in the SEC but as far as a NBA body type Simmons is there, but I question is lack of shot which could come in time. Ingram has something you can't teach though, he has the length and wingspan (6'9" 196 but has a 7'3" wingspan) and his shot is unblockable like KD or Dirk. You add in the fact he shot 41% behind the arc at Duke and he could be a deadly scorer.

which is EXACTLY why the Lakers in MY mind can't even consider trading that pick away...

man, Thursday's gonna get REAL interesting around here...

edit: DEFINITELY needs to hit the weight room, though...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming Murray or Bender will go 3rd. Hield could possibly be better than both.

Highly unlikely.

I have not seen Dunn that much, but as for Hield vs. Murray, Murray accomplished at 18 what Hield was doing at 22. Age matters. Murray's ceiling is much higher.

Hield tops out as a Kris Middleton type. He could be a very good player, but not a franchise caliber guy. Murray has the upside to be a legit superstar and could end up being the best player in the draft. Think Ray Allen 2.0, albeit more risky because of his age.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely.

I have not seen Dunn that much, but as for Hield vs. Murray, Murray accomplished at 18 what Hield was doing at 22. Age matters. Murray's ceiling is much higher.

And Curry came out at age 21. What was wrong with Curry's ceiling?

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely.

Hield tops out as a Kris Middleton type. He could be a very good player, but not a franchise caliber guy. Murray has the upside to be a legit superstar and could end up being the best player in the draft. Think Ray Allen 2.0, albeit more risky because of his age.
I don't think Hield will be better than Murray either, but Murray has some question marks of his own, and I don't think Buddy gets enough credit for athleticism personally.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read some articles suggesting that the Sixers draft Simmons and play him at point.

I watched Simmons play a bunch of times at LSU and there is nothing to suggest he has the ball handling, passing skills or quickness to play PG in the NBA.

I mean, he's an OK passer for a big man, but, he has nowhere near the vision of a LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Curry came out at age 21. What was wrong with Curry's ceiling?

Curry is the exception. Nobody predicted he would be this good. Players like him come around once a generation.

Also, Curry was a college superstar for 3 years. Hield was not.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read some articles suggesting that the Sixers draft Simmons and play him at point.

I watched Simmons play a bunch of times at LSU and there is nothing to suggest he has the ball handling, passing skills or quickness to play PG in the NBA.

I mean, he's an OK passer for a big man, but, he has nowhere near the vision of a LeBron.

Lebron has 13 years in the league. He didn't have that vision when he came into the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is the exception. Nobody predicted he would be this good. Players like him come around once a generation.

Also, Curry was a college superstar for 3 years. Hield was not.

No, he wasn't. He played nobodies at Davidson. Hield played in a real conference. I'm not saying Hield is as good a prospect or not, I was commenting on your age specific declaration. Younger doesn't mean higher ceiling.